Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Hans Landa.....
I’ve heard it theorized that the reason Hans insists that Shosanna wait for the crème before enjoying her strudel is because he knows she is the Dreyfus girl and he’s getting in her head by referencing the dairy farm. That had never occurred to me before. Do you buy this?

I do believe that Hans probably knew Bridget von Hammersmark was working with the allies even before the massacre at the tavern. He knew she would lie about her injury, but found the mountain climbing alibi so ridiculous that he couldn’t contain his laughter, although that outburst also proves to demonstrate that beneath the charm lies a maniac.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 12:40 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I’ve heard it theorized that the reason Hans insists that Shosanna wait for the crème before enjoying her strudel is because he knows she is the Dreyfus girl and he’s getting in her head by referencing the dairy farm. That had never occurred to me before. Do you buy this?

I do believe that Hans probably knew Bridget von Hammersmark was working with the allies even before the massacre at the tavern. He knew she would lie about her injury, but found the mountain climbing alibi so ridiculous that he couldn’t contain his laughter, although that outburst also proves to demonstrate that beneath the charm lies a maniac.

[Image: yMaGo.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 12:40 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I’ve heard it theorized that the reason Hans insists that Shosanna wait for the crème before enjoying her strudel is because he knows she is the Dreyfus girl and he’s getting in her head by referencing the dairy farm. That had never occurred to me before. Do you buy this?

I think if Hans really knew she was the Dreyfus girl, he would have stopped her before she burned down the theater. Unless it was his plan all along to defect, something I took as just him taking advantage of a new opportunity. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 03:25 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: I think if Hans really knew she was the Dreyfus girl, he would have stopped her before she burned down the theater. Unless it was his plan all along to defect, something I took as just him taking advantage of a new opportunity. 

I think he knew the end was near the whole time and didn't give a rats arse about the theater. He was just looking to set himself up nice and pretty in the states once everything broke down. 

He played it great but Lt. Raine saw what was going on and wasn't going to let him get off that easy. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Love what Lt Aldo did to Hans in the end. Hans would never live that down.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
I think this movie is one of Brad Pitt's best movies.  This one and 7 have to be in my top 3 movies of his acting career.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote