Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Did Joe Mixon Pull a Jeremy Hill
https://sports.yahoo.com/andy-reid-asked-officials-review-000103915.html

I've never heard of anyone that isn't a QB "giving himself up"

But if the Kansas City Karens are to be believed, that should've been a fumble recovered by KC.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:56 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: https://sports.yahoo.com/andy-reid-asked-officials-review-000103915.html

I've never heard of anyone that isn't a QB "giving himself up"

But if the Kansas City Karens are to be believed, that should've been a fumble recovered by KC.

Ball carriers often do it in hurry up situations, they will go down untouched so they can hurry up and spike it.
Reply/Quote
I'll have to rewatch that but he was definitely contacted in some way going down so he would've had to been down by contact. But I've seen them call that before with QB's and WR's.
Reply/Quote
Doesn’t matter, he clearly gave himself up. Anyone complaining about this is just complaining they didn’t get an unfair advantage. He didn’t fumble, he went down, play over and put the ball down because of it. This is even worse than LV fans complaining they didn’t get a TD thrown out because a whistle blew .5 seconds before the pass was caught because a ref accidentally blew the whistle.

Complaining about truly terrible calls is one thing. Complaining about not getting an unfair advantage is just pathetic.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure you remember the Jeremy Hill play...
Reply/Quote
Lol imagine winning that game by saying Mixon fumbled there lol. Man what a straw. You can't win with people, just enjoy the win. There was only 1 winner there. Everyone had the same refs. How about not throwing 2 picks mahomey, one in OT. Pulling an Andy dalton.
Reply/Quote
They always have to come up with something, although I don’t think a lot of people will jump on this one.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 01:09 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Doesn’t matter, he clearly gave himself up. Anyone complaining about this is just complaining they didn’t get an unfair advantage. He didn’t fumble, he went down, play over and put the ball down because of it. This is even worse than LV fans complaining they didn’t get a TD thrown out because a whistle blew .5 seconds before the pass was caught because a ref accidentally blew the whistle.

Complaining about truly terrible calls is one thing. Complaining about not getting an unfair advantage is just pathetic.

He actually wasn't giving himself up,  he cut up the field thinking he might score and he slipped and fell to the ground. 

I would have to look at the replay but it sure seemed like he was touched by the defender at some point. 
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 01:56 AM)Jugular Joe Wrote: He actually wasn't giving himself up,  he cut up the field thinking he might score and he slipped and fell to the ground. 

I would have to look at the replay but it sure seemed like he was touched by the defender at some point. 

Mixon was touched by this Chiefs defender (left arm) right before he stumbled, ran into his own teammate, and went down.

[Image: lmtfOSH.jpg]
Reply/Quote
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2022/01/chiefs-bengals-joe-mixon-fumble-video-refs-review-afc-championship-reaction?fbclid=IwAR2U7ZrgTNzedBufLFmHloZ-SFb1xasvPq_2k9LVTgjNP9Ww74qpyeBL12I
Reply/Quote
They blew the whistle too and then he threw the ball down. Nothing there.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 02:02 AM)Tomkat Wrote: https://ftw.usatoday.com/2022/01/chiefs-bengals-joe-mixon-fumble-video-refs-review-afc-championship-reaction?fbclid=IwAR2U7ZrgTNzedBufLFmHloZ-SFb1xasvPq_2k9LVTgjNP9Ww74qpyeBL12I

Watching the replay these are 5 facts:

Mixon slipped and fell while trying to make a cut up the field. 

Mixon ends up contacting one of his own teammates.

Mixon is never touched by a KC defender from the point of him losing his footing.

The refs appear to mistakenly blow the play dead.

That's NEVER getting overturned. 
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 02:11 AM)Jugular Joe Wrote: Watching the replay these are 5 facts:

Mixon is never touched by a KC defender from the point of him losing his footing.

OK, I'll have to listen closely as I never heard an obvious whistle.
Reply/Quote
KC defenders arm hit Mixon.

Reply/Quote
Absolutely none of this matters even one tiny, itsy, bitsy, teeny weeny bit because they got up and ran the next play.. end of argument whether he was down by contact, fumbled or shoved the ball up a Chiefs players ass.. They ran the next play and it was never once questioned by anyone until the game was over..  This is trying to revise history to give WWII to Hitler and Hirohito.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I think they have an argument he was never touched and didn’t seem to give himself up. But you know what….F them. We’re in the SB.
Reply/Quote
So now ppl don’t want the whistle to dead a play?

Basically whatever we do is wrong ?
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 02:11 AM)Jugular Joe Wrote: Watching the replay these are 5 facts:

So if anything we should be mad at them for blowing the whistle
-Housh
Reply/Quote
He gave himself up just like this play...no fumble no controversy

http://youtu.be/89kmRdlY32g
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 02:04 AM)EatonFan Wrote: They blew the whistle too and then he threw the ball down.  Nothing there.

Oh shit the whistle coming back to haunt us! lol
Reply/Quote