Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did MoBO play last night?
He is the German dude we signed this year was wondering if he played last night?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 05:14 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He is the German dude we signed this year was wondering if he played last night?

Don’t think he’s allowed to as the international player on the team
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 05:24 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Don’t think he’s allowed to as the international player on the team

He is allowed to play and we can even sign him to the team at the end of TC.

However if we DON'T sign him, he will be added to our PS and can't be added to the active roster until after the season if we desire to keep him.

As far as he is concerned, I like the idea of keeping him on the PS, no team can claim him while he is there.  He can really immerse himself into the playbook and then sign him to a contract at the end of the season and let him compete for a roster spot next year.

We have him as a TE and next year we will have 3 TEs headed to FA if we don't extend any of them.  Depending on his grasp of the offense during that time frame he could find a spot on the roster and would be relatively cheap compared to keeping those 3.  This would free up some cap space for signing Geno and Dunlap.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 05:14 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He is the German dude we signed this year was wondering if he played last night?

I believe he is only allowed to practice. not participate which is weird if we wanted him to join the team I think we have to offer a actual contract.

(as right now he doesn't count towards the roster which is probly why he cant play)

Or coaches didn't think he was ready... If he is allowed.. We should see him Game 4 of the preseason
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 05:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I believe he is only allowed to practice. not participate which is weird if we wanted him to join the team I think we have to offer a actual contract.

(as right now he doesn't count towards the roster which is probly why he cant play)

Or coaches didn't think he was ready...  If he is allowed.. We should see him Game 4 of the preseason

Think of him as the foreign exchange student...  When it's all said and done, nobody will remember him.  But, in the meanwhile he's fun to have at parties, as chicks dig him and he shows you how weak your drinking game really is.   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm really rooting for Böhringer to somehow make it in the NFL and do well. I've been following his story since he started his path to the NFL, as he went to some Pro Days, and was drafted in the 2016 6th round by the Vikings. The guy has a lot of guts and determination to move thousands of miles away from home, compete against people that have been playing high level football a significant part of their lives, and to pursue his dream. I also like that the NFL is making a bit of effort to attract more players from abroad.

I might be a bit biased though since I was stationed in Germany for several years and made a lot of great friends there. Like I said though, he is working to beat the longest of odds from where he started and trying to make it in the NFL. These are the kind of stories that keep me more interested beyond many of the NFL divas that feel they have a right to be in the league despite their shitty attitudes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wklxgUm1UdM

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 08:40 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I'm really rooting for Böhringer to somehow make it in the NFL and do well.  I've been following his story since he started his path to the NFL, as he went to some Pro Days, and was drafted in the 2016 6th round by the Vikings. The guy has a lot of guts and determination to move thousands of miles away from home to pursue his dream.  I also like that the NFL is making a bit of effort to attract more players from abroad.  

I might be a bit biased though since I was stationed in Germany for several years and made a lot of great friends there.  Like I said though, he is working to beat the longest of odds from where he started and trying to make it in the NFL.  These are the kind of stories that keep me more interested beyond many of the NFL divas that feel they have a right to be in the league despite their shitty attitudes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wklxgUm1UdM

I have been keeping an eye on it as well.

As I said, one thing that may help him in signing a contract with us is the position change to TE.  I mean 4.41 at 6-4 225 (or 243 depending on the source) is intriguing. 

For us, is that our TEs are in the final year of their deal.  The draft next year doesn't look to have any great prospects as of now.  So with a year of solid coaching and working on blocking, while being able to pick the brains of Eifert and Kroft.  Learning the playbook, he could be the answer at TE.

Before the boo birds and haters.  I am not saying he will, I am saying that he could.  We will have a need at the position, he will get to practice and learn.  It would be cool if he did turn into a top TE and was on our team.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 09:11 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: I have been keeping an eye on it as well.

As I said, one thing that may help him in signing a contract with us is the position change to TE.  I mean 4.41 at 6-4 225 (or 243 depending on the source) is intriguing. 

For us, is that our TEs are in the final year of their deal.  The draft next year doesn't look to have any great prospects as of now.  So with a year of solid coaching and working on blocking, while being able to pick the brains of Eifert and Kroft.  Learning the playbook, he could be the answer at TE.

Before the boo birds and haters.  I am not saying he will, I am saying that he could.  We will have a need at the position, he will get to practice and learn.  It would be cool if he did turn into a top TE and was on our team.
I don't think that's that crazy of an idea personally;  we have seen players who haven't come from traditional football backgrounds been successful before.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I heard his name called in the 4th quarter on an attempt, but didn't make the catch.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 09:11 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: I have been keeping an eye on it as well.

He sure looks a lot heavier than 225 in that video.  And if he can put a little pudding on that body to hold up to some hits, and still run in the 4.5 area, you have an intriguing prospect as a TE. 

I know I just argued on another post about taking an athlete over a football player (Malik Jefferson vs. Shaq Griffin), but with a very late round or FA prospect, you are looking to catch lightning in a bottle.  If he works hard and is able to get a legit shot, you never know what he could become.  I love stories like this as well.  
Reply/Quote
Obviously Germany has been put on notice to stop playing soccer or as they call it Fußball and only play American style football or else .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote