Poll: Did Trump do right thing by lying?
Yes.
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Trump do the right thing when he lied about the coronavirus?
(09-10-2020, 01:38 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Are you familiar with the concept of informed consent?

Trump's dishonesty robbed them of making an informed decision.

Herman Cain might be alive today if he knew what Trump knew instead of the lies Trump told us.

I think Hermain Cain made an informed decision and decided to roll the dice in order to keep his political clout.  You can blame Trump for making so a republican had to keep his base happy by ignoring the warnings, but that's a different case.

At any rate, just take Trump out of the equation and ask yourself "Is it OK for the president to lie to people?" I can just imagine if we had another 9/11 orchestrated by Bin Laden and Obama was like "Ok, he wasn't dead but I really figured America needed the morale boost. Come oooooooonnnnn!"
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 01:30 PM)Mer Wrote: So taking the Bible for what it says is "stone throwing"? Nice try.

You're not getting into Heaven unless you're given forgiveness same as those other sinners you threw stones at because you are a sinner too no different than any other sinner, but I doubt you'll understand the second time.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 01:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think Hermain Cain made an informed decision and decided to roll the dice in order to keep his political clout.  You can blame Trump for making so a republican had to keep his base happy by ignoring the warnings, but that's a different case.

At any rate, just take Trump out of the equation and ask yourself "Is it OK for the president to lie to people?"

Did Herman Cain know Covid 19 is as deadly as Trump told Woodward it is?  Did he think it was like the flu because Trump publicly down played it's virulence? Or "more deadly than your strenuous flu" as Trump privately admitted?

It's one thing to risk getting the flu.  It's another thing to risk getting something much more deadly. Each individual needs to make that decision for themselves based upon accurate information.  Trump didn't give us, Herman Cain, or any of the attendees of one of his rallies accurate information to make an informed decision.

If a bought my Ram truck after being told it gets 50 mpg when it really gets 10 mpg, is that an informed decision? Certainly not when the decision is based upon lies.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 01:09 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: And continued to hold rallies understanding how it's spread and knowingly putting people at increased risk for infection and death.

Just on a personal level, that's a shitty thing to do to people.  On a leadership level, it makes him unfit for public office.

Not only is he unfit for office, he's a repugnant human being... Don't believe me? Ask his family.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 01:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You "YES it was ok for Trump to lie to us" respondents are the only people I'm interested in hearing from on this at the moment.  The trouble with excusing the government of deception is that our country just loves to flip flop on the alignment of the person who gets to lie to us.

Apparently you didn't read all the posts in this thread because I only voted "Yes" because Mer accidentally voted No. Since I was going to vote No, I voted Yes for Mer so his No vote counts as MY No vote and my Yes vote counts as HIS Yes vote.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 01:44 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You're not getting into Heaven unless you're given forgiveness same as those other sinners you threw stones at because you are a sinner too no different than any other sinner, but I doubt you'll understand the second time.

Technically, you're not getting into Heaven unless you ACCEPT the forgiveness that is offered to everyone.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 01:55 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Did Herman Cain know Covid 19 is as deadly as Trump told Woodward it is?  Did he think it was like the flu because Trump publicly down played it's virulence? Or "more deadly than your strenuous flu" as Trump privately admitted?

It's one thing to risk getting the flu.  It's another thing to risk getting something much more deadly. Each individual needs to make that decision for themselves based upon accurate information.  Trump didn't give us, Herman Cain, or any of the attendees of one of his rallies accurate information to make an informed decision.

If a bought my Ram truck after being told it gets 50 mpg when it really gets 10 mpg, is that an informed decision? Certainly not when the decision is based upon lies.

I can't prove anything, but I feel like Hermain Cain had inside knowledge of the situation and/or he was well aware that Trump isn't speaking the truth about many things.  If Herman Cain actually got his covid info from Trump and no one else, then I feel even less sorry for him.  Harsh but true.

I'm just saying Herman Cain is on a different level than the people who legitimately look to Trump for guidance.  
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 01:56 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Apparently you didn't read all the posts in this thread because I only voted "Yes" because Mer accidentally voted No. Since I was going to vote No, I voted Yes for Mer so his No vote counts as MY No vote and my Yes vote counts as HIS Yes vote.

Ok, I guess that did get lost in the mix.  Thanks for clearing that up, but geez.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 02:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ok, I guess that did get lost in the mix.  Thanks for clearing that up, but geez.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 01:44 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You're not getting into Heaven unless you're given forgiveness same as those other sinners you threw stones at because you are a sinner too no different than any other sinner, but I doubt you'll understand the second time.

Jesus is the key.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 01:32 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Hey, do y'all remember that time over 4,000 Americans died in Iraq because the President lied to us?

Yeah but I mean a strenuous flu and all...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
So, I didn't get to read the first page because this thread is jacked up for me and it tells me it doesn't exist. So if this is repetitive, that's why.

It was the wrong decision. It was the wrong decision because it politicized the virus. The information about the virus was out there in the world and it was already in the US. By taking the approach he did, knowingly giving the wrong information that was contradictory to what the experts were saying, he ensured not only that there would be a sizable swath of the population that would not take the virus as seriously as they should have, but it made sure that the virus became a political football.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 02:02 PM)Mer Wrote: Jesus is the key.

That applies to those other groups as well.  Jesus disapproves of your sins just as much as you claim he does LGBTQ people.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 01:58 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Technically, you're not getting into Heaven unless you ACCEPT the forgiveness that is offered to everyone.

If you go to a Pentecostal church you will be taught that people who have never heard of Jesus are going to Hell.

The after life is a pretty big deal when it comes to Christianity so I think they should probably be a little more consistent in the message.
Reply/Quote
Fauci has already pushed back on this story and how it is being interpreted.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 02:20 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Fauci has already pushed back on this story and how it is being interpreted.

Well, except we know that he did downplay things and has misrepresented what we know about the virus.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 02:19 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The after life is a pretty big deal when it comes to Christianity so I think they should probably be a little more consistent in the message.

Not just about the afterlife, but, yes, the messaging should be more consistent.
Reply/Quote
Before the virus hit our nation's economy was booming like never before, 401k's at all time highs, unemployment (especially for blacks) at all time lows, jobs (that Obama claimed you'd need a magic wand to bring back to the U.S.) increasing, and that's just to name a few. Before Trump our economy was crap. Even with Covid still going on he's getting things back to the way they were pre-covid. Like him, hate him, or whatever he's the best man to get the economy back. Especially compared to a lifetime politician who's accomplished nothing in almost 50 years of government service other than being VP during the time our economy went to crap when there was no virus like Covid.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 02:13 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That applies to those other groups as well.  Jesus disapproves of your sins just as much as you claim he does LGBTQ people.

I never said otherwise.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 02:06 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, I didn't get to read the first page because this thread is jacked up for me and it tells me it doesn't exist. So if this is repetitive, that's why.

It was the wrong decision. It was the wrong decision because it politicized the virus. The information about the virus was out there in the world and it was already in the US. By taking the approach he did, knowingly giving the wrong information that was contradictory to what the experts were saying, he ensured not only that there would be a sizable swath of the population that would not take the virus as seriously as they should have, but it made sure that the virus became a political football.

Yeah, there certainly is a sort of metamorphosis a subject takes as soon as Trump starts contradicting and throwing shade, so to speak.  As has been pointed out before, lying clouds things, but when you lie and then say that people who contradict you are lying then you are intentionally sending things into a zone of hyperbolic mistrust.

So I'm going to lie and then go on the attack and accuse the people I know who are being more truthful than me of being liars and even throw some conspiracy theories into the mix.  There...that outgha calm things down!  I'm the best!
Reply/Quote