Poll: Did Trump do right thing by lying?
Yes.
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Trump do the right thing when he lied about the coronavirus?
(09-10-2020, 03:56 PM)Mer Wrote: With that comment you just lost all credibility. You were at least treading water before that. Oh well, there's always the next thread for you.

I'm adding sarcasm and humor to science and biology on the list of things you don't understand.

PS  Are you suggesting the Bible is meant to be taken literally?
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 02:31 PM)Mer Wrote:  Before Trump our economy was crap.

This isn't even remotely accurate. We had the longest job growth streak in recorded history. The Dow was hitting record highs for years before Trump. There had been 8 years of growth, rising incomes, and the largest swing in employment since Kennedy/Johnson. Trump inherited a booming economy. 

This is like saying the sky was green before Trump. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 04:16 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: This is like saying the sky was green before Trump. 

It was like that lime kool aid no one ever liked.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 03:49 PM)jason Wrote: Of course I'm not gonna call out Biden and his "supporters" when they blame Trump for anything... That asshole needs to go. 

You don't care about facts as long as Trump is out of office. Got it.  ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 06:14 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You don't care about facts as long as Trump is out of office. Got it.  ThumbsUp

Phil, Jason is trying to prevent a panic for God’s sake! You don’t actually expect him to tell the truth, do you?
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 04:08 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I'm adding sarcasm and humor to science and biology on the list of things you don't understand.

PS  Are you suggesting the Bible is meant to be taken literally?

Your obsession with me is flattering but it's starting to get creepy. Good day sir and I pray the Holy Spirit will help you understand God's word the way it was intended.
Reply/Quote
Lying is never the "right thing".
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 06:14 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You don't care about facts as long as Trump is out of office. Got it.  ThumbsUp

If I have to explain to someone that we don't live in a command economy, that person shouldn't be voting... That's just my opinion though. It was also my opinion that it was a bad idea to elect a reality show host as chief executive of the country to "mix things up" in the first place. In my opinion my opinion turned out to be right.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'm trying to imagine what a "mass hysteria" if he told the truth would look like.

Would it look like people assaulting and robbing each other for masks and breaking into hospitals to murder people who have the virus in the hope that it will slow the spread if the infected people are no longer breathing?

Or would it look like mass quarantines, mask requirements and general advisement to only go out if absolutely necessary, resulting in a lot of lay offs and a lot of people working from home indefinitely.

Because the latter basically happened anyway.

I think we can all safely assume that the former would not happen. At least as long as the message put out was one of reason and safety rather than hysteria.

For example, if Trump had come out and said "GUYS, THIS SHIT SPREADS THROUGH THE AIR! IF YOU BREATH IN WITHOUT A MASK WHEN YOU'RE NEAR ANYONE, YOU'RE GUARANTEED TO DIE!" then yea, maybe the former could possibly happen....But if it was a well reasoned caution and advisory announcement about, essentially, the things reasonable people have been saying for a few months now, there's no reason to believe mass hysteria in the form of crime and lawlessness would occur.

Unless you're convinced the people in your country are a bunch of witless children. Which, to be fair, maybe Trump thinks that about Americans. Who knows what's going on in his head.

So, let's be charitable and say that Trump genuinely did not want to cause a panic and therefore withheld crucial information about how to safeguard yourself and your loved ones from contracting this virus. He didn't do it to keep the economy afloat in an election year. He didn't do it because he was just mindlessly hoping it would go away anyway. He didn't do it because the stock market is the only thing that truly matters to him and any "hysteria" would affect the stock market, in his mind (in reality, the lack of a federal response was probably just as damaging to the market. Uncertainty and the stock market do not play well together). He did it because he truly, honestly cares about American lives and thought that not knowing the mode of transmission and fatality rate of a virus that was active and present in this country was best for the American people...

Even in this most charitable interpretation of his actions...he still was wrong.

His decision was blatantly and obviously incorrect to withhold this information. There are studies out that say that even 1 week made the difference of thousands of lives. His decision to withhold the truth cost lives. That is virtually indisputable. Can we all at least agree on this?
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 07:19 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm trying to imagine what a "mass hysteria" if he told the truth would look like.

Would it look like people assaulting and robbing each other for masks and breaking into hospitals to murder people who have the virus in the hope that it will slow the spread if the infected people are no longer breathing?

Or would it look like mass quarantines, mask requirements and general advisement to only go out if absolutely necessary, resulting in a lot of lay offs and a lot of people working from home indefinitely.

I think we can all safely assume that the former would not happen. At least as long as the message put out was one of reason and safety rather than hysteria.

For example, if Trump had come out and said "GUYS, THIS SHIT SPREADS THROUGH THE AIR! IF YOU BREATH IN WITHOUT A MASK WHEN YOU'RE NEAR ANYONE, YOU'RE GUARANTEED TO DIE!" then yea, maybe the former could possibly happen....But if it was a well reasoned caution and advisory announcement about, essentially, the things reasonable people have been saying for a few months now, there's no reason to believe mass hysteria in the form of crime and lawlessness would occur.

Unless you're convinced the people in your country are a bunch of witless children. Which, to be fair, maybe Trump thinks that about Americans. Who knows what's going on in his head.

So, let's be charitable and say that Trump genuinely did not want to cause a panic and therefore withheld crucial information about how to safeguard yourself and your loved ones from contracting this virus. He didn't do it to keep the economy afloat in an election year. He didn't do it because he was just mindlessly hoping it would go away anyway. He didn't do it because the stock market is the only thing that truly matters to him and any "hysteria" would affect the stock market, in his mind (in reality, the lack of a federal response was probably just as damaging to the market. Uncertainty and the stock market do not play well together). He did it because he truly, honestly cares about American lives and thought that not knowing the mode of transmission and fatality rate of a virus that was active and present in this country was best for the American people...

Even in this most charitable interpretation of his actions...he still was wrong.

His decision was blatantly and obviously incorrect to withhold this information. There are studies out that say that even 1 week made the difference of thousands of lives. His decision to withhold the truth cost lives. That is virtually indisputable. Can we all at least agree on this?

I think if Trump told the truth the doomsday prepares would buy up all the toilet paper. Thankfully, we didn’t have to live through that hell.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 07:19 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm trying to imagine what a "mass hysteria" if he told the truth would look like.

Well they did buy up all the damn toilet paper
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Is that a legitimate question?
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 08:59 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Is that a legitimate question?

20% of people think the president lying and harming public health is good, so apparently it is a legit question. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I voted yes. It’s what Putin would have wanted. When the goal is to destroy the country there is nothing wrong with lying your ass off.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 11:19 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: 20% of people think the president lying and harming public health is good, so apparently it is a legit question. 

The worst part about that is - the same people defending Trump were the same ones losing their mind at Obama for H1N1, which had a body count of that was 10% of the current Covid body count.

I'm trying to imagine anyone defending any other president with such fervor in the face of such a deadly response, and I just don't see it happening. Probably because none of them were the head of a cult.
Reply/Quote