Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Did Trump post Obama's address?
Here is a new story making the rounds. Apparently according to Federal prosecuters today, Trump posted on his social media site President Obama's address. On the same day that he did this, a nutjob was was arrested nearby in a van full of guns and ammo, who the Feds have been tracking since January 6th as he was a rioter (err I'm sorry Magaland, I mean a Trump Patriot). 

So assuming this is true as it was stated in a court of law, why would Trump have posted Obama's address? 

ABC reposted the AP story below
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/trump-posted-obamas-address-prosecutors-armed-man-arrested-100719403

Quote:WASHINGTON -- Former President Donald Trump posted on his social media platform what he claimed was the home address of former President Barack Obama on the same day that a man with guns in his van was arrested near the property, federal prosecutors said Wednesday in revealing new details about the case.

Taylor Taranto, 37, who prosecutors say participated in the Jan. 6, 2021 riot at the U.S. Capitol, kept two firearms and hundreds of rounds of ammunition inside a van he had driven cross-country and had been living in, according to a Justice Department motion that seeks to keep him behind bars.
On the day of his June 29 arrest, prosecutors said, Taranto reposted a Truth Social post from Trump containing what Trump claimed was Obama’s home address. In a post on Telegram, Taranto wrote: “We got these losers surrounded! See you in hell, Podesta’s and Obama’s.” That’s a reference to John Podesta, the former chair of Hillary Clinton’s 2016 Democratic presidential campaign.
Taranto also told followers on his YouTube live stream that he was looking to get a “good angle on a shot.”
A federal defender representing Taranto did not immediately return a phone message seeking comment.

His wife told investigators that he had come to Washington this time because of House Speaker Kevin McCarthy's offer earlier this year to produce unseen video of the Jan. 6 attack, the federal detention memo states. Taranto already faces four misdemeanor counts related to the Capitol assault, when prosecutors say he joined the crush of rioters who broke into the building and made his way to the entrance of the Speaker's Lobby outside the House chamber.
Since then, prosecutors say, Taranto has been active online, posting a Facebook video of himself in the Capitol that day and endorsing a conspiracy theory that the death of Ashli Babbitt — who was fatally shot by a Capitol Police officer as she began to climb through the broken part of a door leading into the Speaker’s Lobby — was a hoax.
The FBI had been monitoring Taranto's online activities because of his involvement in the riot, and began searching for him last Wednesday after he asserted on his YouTube livestream that he was in Gaithersburg, Maryland on a “one-way mission” and intended to blow up the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
The following day, he continued his live stream from the Washington neighborhood where Obama lives — an area heavily monitored by the U.S. Secret Service — and said that he was looking for “entrance points” and wanted to get a “good angle on a shot,” according to the Justice Department's detention memo. Officials said he was spotted by law enforcement a few blocks from the former president’s home and fled, though he was chased by Secret Service officers.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If I recall correctly during the 2016 campaign he outed Lindsey Graham's private cell phone number.

Trump, I'm sure, did it just because he wanted to

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
If he did he scrubbed it because I can't find it on his Truth Social.  I mean the guy they caught said it happened and he'd never lie about Trump so I believe it did, but I can't prove it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
The AP is reporting the same thing. It's a despicable thing to do, but that isn't a foreign thing to Trump. This is, of course, assuming that it is true. 
Reply/Quote
Doxxald Trump.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2023, 07:10 PM)GMDino Wrote: If he did he scrubbed it because I can't find it on his Truth Social.  I mean the guy they caught said it happened and he'd never lie about Trump so I believe it did, but I can't prove it.

I believe he deleted that post but not until it got out

Reply/Quote
Is there a law against posting his address on line?

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2023, 07:16 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: The AP is reporting the same thing. It's a despicable thing to do, but that isn't a foreign thing to Trump. This is, of course, assuming that it is true. 

Yeah true. His base will just shrug it off, or defend it somehow. Been happening for years now, like the “I like people who weren’t captured.” back in 2016 referring to John McCain being a POW for 5 years. If his right wing base can shrug off a statement of that magnitude, nothing will phase them at this point.

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2023, 07:43 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Is there a law against posting his address on line?

Probably not.

But most importantly no one was hurt from the Obamas to the Secret Service / law enforcement officers in arresting that guy in the vicinity of where Obama's home is, or at least one of them.

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2023, 07:43 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Is there a law against posting his address on line?

Didn't liberals post the address of Supreme Court Justices?

As for Trump, he does not hide, everyone knows he as multiple residences and exactly where they are so what is the big deal if he did. i did not see it on Truth Media either. Or maybe it was a sting operation with Trump helping the FBI and DOJ................... Hilarious

To my knowledge, no laws against posting someone's address. In Obama's case he is guarded by secret service at all times unlike us who have no security.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Law? No.  But it's fukin self centered, stupid and moronic to post the address of a former president due to safety concerns if it is not already public knowledge.  Everyone knows where Trump lives, so I guess he figures "why not?" eh?  because he thinks of no one but himself.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2023, 08:05 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Didn't liberals post the address of Supreme Court Justices?

As for Trump, he does not hide, everyone knows he as multiple residences and exactly where they are so what is the big deal if he did. i did not see it on Truth Media either. Or maybe it was a sting operation with Trump helping the FBI and DOJ................... Hilarious

To my knowledge, no laws against posting someone's address. In Obama's case he is guarded by secret service at all times unlike us who have no security.

yeah, some people did do that...and they shouldn't have.  Judges and politiicans do deserve some level of security in their own homes.

Call me silly though, I expect better behavior from a former (and wannabe future) President of the United States than some yahoo on Reddit.

The San Francisco residence of Nancy Pelosi also had security but that didn't prevent a crazy person from breaking in and seriously injuring Paul Pelosi

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2023, 08:08 PM)Stewy Wrote: Law? No.  But it's fukin self centered, stupid and moronic to post the address of a former president due to safety concerns if it is not already public knowledge.  Everyone knows where Trump lives, so I guess he figures "why not?" eh?  because he thinks of no one but himself.

Why is Obama hiding? Trump is the  hated POTUS. Obama is the golden boy with the DOJ protecting him since 2013 starting with his wingman Eric Holder.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2023, 08:14 PM)pally Wrote: yeah, some people did do that...and they shouldn't have.  Judges and politiicans do deserve some level of security in their own homes.

Call me silly though, I expect better behavior from a former (and wannabe future) President of the United States than some yahoo on Reddit.

The San Francisco residence of Nancy Pelosi also had security but that didn't prevent a crazy person from breaking in and seriously injuring Paul Pelosi

That was very strange. The attacker let Paul Pelosi let the police in the front door, then attacked him. Very confusing. Also, Paul Pelosi turned off his security system and cameras. I would guess he new the crazy person as police said no sign of forced entry.

If Trump did indeed do this, it was wrong on many levels.

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2023, 08:05 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Didn't liberals post the address of Supreme Court Justices?

I hope we can all agree that the act of political opponents posting each others addresses online is a dangerous and reprehensible act to let go unpunished. Anyone participating - regardless of political affiliation - should be punished.

Note I’m saying “should be”. I understand there is no law (California excluded) that prohibits this, but I do believe it would be a beneficial one to put in place.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2023, 08:14 PM)pally Wrote: yeah, some people did do that...and they shouldn't have.  Judges and politiicans do deserve some level of security in their own homes.

It wasn't some yahoo on Reddit.

But the yahoo group Ruth Sent Us on Tik Tok. 

These are the same yahoos that called on extremists to burn down Catholic Churches Services. 

Luckily the good folks at Tik Tok banned their account, eventually. 

[Image: pro-abortion-activist-ban-01.jpg?w=574]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I just did a google search for Obama's address. This is from 2017.
https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2017/01/barack_obamas_new_dc_home_may.html
The outgoing Commander in Chief, Michelle, Malia and Sasha are relocating three miles north of their current address at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue to 2446 Belmont Road in the prestigious neighborhood of Kalorama.

Their new home, a rental, has 9 bedrooms, 8 1/2 bathrooms in 8,200 square feet. Built in 1928, it was last sold in 2014 for $5.295 million.

Then this house
https://www.homesandgardens.com/news/president-obama-new-house-marthas-vineyard

Yet people are up in arms because Trump may or may not have posted Obama' s known address.

There are lots of articles on the Obama's homes, google search away for anyone.

Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 01:45 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I just did a google search for Obama's address. This is from 2017.
https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2017/01/barack_obamas_new_dc_home_may.html
The outgoing Commander in Chief, Michelle, Malia and Sasha are relocating three miles north of their current address at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue to 2446 Belmont Road in the prestigious neighborhood of Kalorama.

Their new home, a rental, has 9 bedrooms, 8 1/2 bathrooms in 8,200 square feet. Built in 1928, it was last sold in 2014 for $5.295 million.

Then this house
https://www.homesandgardens.com/news/president-obama-new-house-marthas-vineyard

Yet people are up in arms because Trump may or may not have posted Obama' s known address.

There are lots of articles on the Obama's homes, google search away for anyone.

I think you may be inadvertently indicating that Trump specifically posting this address that has been common knowledge for years is what led to someone going there with a gun. 

As you point out, the only new variable is Trump posting it. 
Reply/Quote

Did a candidate post it or it just some random guys ? 

See the difference ? I'm sure you don't.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 03:53 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Did a candidate post it or it just some random guys ? 

See the difference ? I'm sure you don't.

Thsts what I mean, pointing out that this guy had 7 years to go to Obama's with a gun but didn't do it until after Trump posted about it seems more like the thing an anti Trumper would point out. 
Reply/Quote