Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Did Trump try to fire Mueller?
There's No Way Mueller Will Indict Trump

So, I knew that indictment of a sitting POTUS was unprecedented, but I was unaware of the standing legal opinion that binds DOJ employees. Interesting. I've said before that I don't have high hopes for Mueller's investigation as I don't see that touching Trump. My focus is more on taking back Congress.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(01-30-2018, 11:00 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: There's No Way Mueller Will Indict Trump

So, I knew that indictment of a sitting POTUS was unprecedented, but I was unaware of the standing legal opinion that binds DOJ employees. Interesting. I've said before that I don't have high hopes for Mueller's investigation as I don't see that touching Trump. My focus is more on taking back Congress.

Ben Shapiro has been taking about this on his podcast for months now. Plus the fact that Mueller could never clear the legal threshold of obstruction.
(01-30-2018, 11:11 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ben Shapiro has been taking about this on his podcast for months now. Plus the fact that Mueller could never clear the legal threshold of obstruction.

Eh, I disagree on clearing the legal threshold. I think that could be there. I also would not be surprised if a perjury charge cropped up after Trump's interview, though if I were Trump there would be a lot of exercising of my fifth amendment rights in that room. Though if I were anyone that would be my avenue. LOL
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(01-30-2018, 11:14 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Eh, I disagree on clearing the legal threshold. I think that could be there. I also would not be surprised if a perjury charge cropped up after Trump's interview, though if I were Trump there would be a lot of exercising of my fifth amendment rights in that room. Though if I were anyone that would be my avenue. LOL

I honestly don't think Trump would take the 5th.  He will think he is smarter than everyone else in the room and answer everything with the belief that he will never be caught lying.  Mostly because he has never had to pay for any of his lies ever.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-30-2018, 11:14 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Eh, I disagree on clearing the legal threshold. I think that could be there. I also would not be surprised if a perjury charge cropped up after Trump's interview, though if I were Trump there would be a lot of exercising of my fifth amendment rights in that room. Though if I were anyone that would be my avenue. LOL

The interview, if it ever takes place will come up with nothing.

The investigation is a big nothing burger. They aren’t even on trump Russian anymore.
(01-30-2018, 01:11 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ha!  I knew that the Left would have a ready, canned excuse..

It's not an excuse. You just pointed out that all Democrats voted against it but you're dismissing the fact that all Republicans voted against releasing the Democrat's memo as an "excuse".

Why would the Republicans 1) not want to be briefed by the FBI, 2) not want to share details of the memo with the DOJ, and 3) silence the Democrats from being able to release their own findings about the topic?

Stop drinking the koolaid, dude. It's this kind of obedience that they're expecting. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-29-2018, 03:20 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: McCabe stepped down. Word is he was told to.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/371216-deputy-fbi-director-mccabe-stepping-down-report

And that's why I would like the Memo released. Even though McCabe was retiring there must have been enough there to get him out earlier.  
Cuomo did a nice job and Pelosi looks unhinged trying to explain all of this.

(01-30-2018, 11:34 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It's not an excuse. You just pointed out that all Democrats voted against it but you're dismissing the fact that all Republicans voted against releasing the Democrat's memo as an "excuse".

Why would the Republicans 1) not want to be briefed by the FBI, 2) not want to share details of the memo with the DOJ, and 3) silence the Democrats from being able to release their own findings about the topic?

Stop drinking the koolaid, dude. It's this kind of obedience that they're expecting. 

Mother Russia will take care of all!
(01-30-2018, 10:39 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: A couple of interesting posts from Axios:

https://www.axios.com/release-the-memo-mueller-russia-effects-552b2b97-93ca-4036-8b36-29aa54cc9b3e.html

So we're expecting the biggest scandal in political history that makes Watergate like stealing a Snickers bar from a drugstore. Poah.

Can't wait. If it's anything less than the biggest scandal ever I will be disappointed.

So now, Trump's own FBI is saying it likely isn't accurate. This wouldn't have been released without the go ahead from Wray.

My my how things have changed. We spied on you prez. Remember when the media laughed at your imagination of it. Now cut me some slack.
(01-31-2018, 10:23 PM)Goalpost Wrote: My my how things have changed.  We spied on you prez.  Remember when the media laughed at your imagination of it.  Now cut me some slack.

Was there a recent revelation that Trump had his "wires tapped"?

(01-31-2018, 10:35 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Was there a recent revelation that Trump had his "wires tapped"?

no, this is more ramblings of the crazies that think this memo will vindicate trump 100%
People suck
Adam Schiff is alleging that the version of the memo given to the White House is not the version they voted to release and was altered by Nunes before it was sent.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/31/politics/house-intelligence-transcript/index.html

you can read the transcript of the meeting on the memo

http://docs.house.gov/meetings/IG/IG00/20180129/106822/HMTG-115-IG00-Transcript-20180129.pdf

Nunes pushes back on any effort to get more information on how his memo was developed and refuses to answer whether or not the White House was involved. He tells Schiff that they were nice enough to let him make a minority counter memo but then they proceed to vote down releasing his counter memo.

Schiff urges a hold on the vote to allow representatives from the FBI and DOJ to brief the committee regarding the memo, pointing out that without even reading it, Trump has said he wants to make it public, signaling an interest in his personal interests over national security interests. Nunes immediately urges everyone to vote against this and says they won't get briefed by them on anything as long as they are being investigated by him. A Democrat contends that they are merely under oversight and always are and that by Nunes' logic they could never brief the committee ever.

(02-01-2018, 02:22 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Adam Schiff is alleging that the version of the memo given to the White House is not the version they voted to release and was altered by Nunes before it was sent.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/31/politics/house-intelligence-transcript/index.html

you can read the transcript of the meeting on the memo

http://docs.house.gov/meetings/IG/IG00/20180129/106822/HMTG-115-IG00-Transcript-20180129.pdf

Nunes pushes back on any effort to get more information on how his memo was developed and refuses to answer whether or not the White House was involved. He tells Schiff that they were nice enough to let him make a minority counter memo but then they proceed to vote down releasing his counter memo.

Schiff urges a hold on the vote to allow representatives from the FBI and DOJ to brief the committee regarding the memo, pointing out that without even reading it, Trump has said he wants to make it public, signaling an interest in his personal interests over national security interests. Nunes immediately urges everyone to vote against this and says they won't get briefed by them on anything as long as they are being investigated by him. A Democrat contends that they are merely under oversight and always are and that by Nunes' logic they could never brief the committee ever.

This is the most ridiculous soap opera.

With the memo possibly being released, tomorrow, this was an interesting piece I just read:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/byron-york-as-memo-fight-rages-critics-ask-all-this-over-carter-page/article/2647777

With the leaders of the FBI and DOJ calling for the memo to not be released, Trump has taken to twitter to attack them, saying they are politicizing investigations in favor of Democrats.

(02-02-2018, 11:56 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: With the leaders of the FBI and DOJ calling for the memo to not be released, Trump has taken to twitter to attack them, saying they are politicizing investigations in favor of Democrats.

This whole thing has just gotten stupid.
For reference:

Days from the break in until the Nixon resignation: 793

Days from the time Mueller was 
appointed until now: 261