Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Did Trump try to fire Mueller?
(02-05-2018, 03:19 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not just Trump. pretty much everyone who is actually putting stock in the memo is making ti out to be about Trump. There are some notable exceptions, but like I said, it's hard to claim that this is intended to be a discussion about FISA abuses when the very folks that released this memo voted to continue the programs recently.

Biggest shocker for me was the fact Nunes didnt even read the stuff....

Are you effing kidding me?

Time to start writting up obstruction charges
(02-05-2018, 02:27 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There needs to be a washout of a lot of people in both.   Too many career people in leadership need to go as well.

No, we need experience in these most critical areas.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-05-2018, 02:47 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yes, because what we need more of is people who don't know what they are doing running our government.

We certainly don’t need a government full of people who work with the media to take down an elected official they disagree with and to let another they agree with get away with whatever they wish.
(02-05-2018, 06:58 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We certainly don’t need a government full of people who work with the media to take down an elected official they disagree with and to let another they agree with get away with whatever they wish.

Mellow

[Image: president-trump-hannity-interview.png?w=620]

ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-05-2018, 06:58 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We certainly don’t need a government full of people who work with the media to take down an elected official they disagree with and to let another they agree with get away with whatever they wish.

You mean like how they handed Trump the election by not revealing his campaign was under investigation but revealing Clinton was? Is that the sort of thing to which you are referring? Or do you mean folks like Kelly who publicly aired grievances with the Obama administration?

Your claims are unfounded. These bureaucrats are just trying to make the trains run on time. They aren't partisan actors.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(02-05-2018, 07:37 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You mean like how they handed Trump the election by not revealing his campaign was under investigation but revealing Clinton was? Is that the sort of thing to which you are referring? Or do you mean folks like Kelly who publicly aired grievances with the Obama administration?

Your claims are unfounded. These bureaucrats are just trying to make the trains run on time. They aren't partisan actors.

No, but like this one guy sent some joking texts to his **** buddy that were totally serious. DEEP STATE!

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/05/fbi-footnote-carter-page-warrant-390795

"Republican leaders are acknowledging that the FBI disclosed the political origins of a private dossier the bureau cited in an application to surveil former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page, undermining a controversial GOP memo released Friday and fueling Democratic demands to declassify more information about the bureau’s actions."

LULZ it's almost like I was right when I said this was just the Republicans' view on these classified documents and not the whole truth... so they omitted key facts in order to make the argument that the FBI... omitted key facts

(02-05-2018, 08:24 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/05/fbi-footnote-carter-page-warrant-390795

"Republican leaders are acknowledging that the FBI disclosed the political origins of a private dossier the bureau cited in an application to surveil former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page, undermining a controversial GOP memo released Friday and fueling Democratic demands to declassify more information about the bureau’s actions."

LULZ it's almost like I was right when I said this was just the Republicans' view on these classified documents and not the whole truth... so they omitted key facts in order to make the argument that the FBI... omitted key facts

I like this part:

Quote:"A footnote saying something may be political is a far cry from letting the American people know that the Democrats and the Hillary campaign paid for dirt that the FBI then used to get a warrant on an American citizen to spy on another campaign," Nunes said on "Fox & Friends."

There's no evidence that the FBI spied on the Trump campaign itself. Rather, the warrant for Page was issued in October 2016, a month after he left the campaign — and after Trump campaign officials denied he played a central role. But the surveillance of Page was part of an FBI counterintelligence investigation into whether Trump associates coordinated with the Kremlin to interfere in the 2016 presidential election.

Nunes has a tentative grasp on reality.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(02-05-2018, 07:37 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You mean like how they handed Trump the election by not revealing his campaign was under investigation but revealing Clinton was? Is that the sort of thing to which you are referring? Or do you mean folks like Kelly who publicly aired grievances with the Obama administration?

Had they done their jobs Hillary would have never gotten the nomination. Comet and his boys along with other obama doj, kept her issues quiet. We probably don’t have trump if they simply do their job.
(02-05-2018, 07:32 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

[Image: president-trump-hannity-interview.png?w=620]

ThumbsUp

You should put up the abc reporter who cost people a lot of money of their investments because he was told bad info from his deep state buddies
(02-05-2018, 08:45 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Had they done their jobs Hillary would have never gotten the nomination. Comet and his boys along with other obama doj, kept her issues quiet. We probably don’t have trump if they simply do their job.

lol. "Kept her issues quiet."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/05/politics/democratic-memo-release-house-intelligence/index.html

The House Intelligence Committee held a new vote on Schiff's memo, unanimously approving it to be sent to Trump for review. he has 5 days to decide whether or not to make it public. Schiff sent his memo to the DOJ and FBI for review as well.

I guess this dumpster fire made every single Republican who voted against it reevaluate their vote. What exactly is their reasoning for approving it days after rejecting it? Hmmm

(02-05-2018, 08:10 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: No, but like this one guy sent some joking texts to his **** buddy that were totally serious. DEEP STATE!

Federal agents likely shouldn't be involved in an adulterous affair, let alone be allowing their shared mutual bias to effect their service to the Nation.  Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(02-05-2018, 09:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Federal agents likely shouldn't be involved in an adulterous affair, let alone be allowing their shared mutual bias to effect their service to the Nation.  Mellow

I don't think being involved in an affair prevents a federal agent from doing their job and their mutual political opinions haven't been shown to have played a role in how they did their job. Not sure what you're getting at. 

(02-05-2018, 09:37 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't think being involved in an affair prevents a federal agent from doing their job and their mutual political opinions haven't been shown to have played a role in how they did their job. Not sure what you're getting at. 

You don't believe that having emotional relationship effects one's judgement???

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(02-05-2018, 09:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You don't believe that having emotional relationship effects one's judgement???

That's what this scandal has come down to, isn't it. After all this fuzz. These two FBI agents didn't like Trump and had an affair.

I think this argument is moot. Other agents have affairs or spouses or marriages and most of them will talk politiics with them from time to time. Does this emotional relationship cloud their judgment. Or can we believe until proven otherwise that these people do their job as professionals.

-
Btw this memo was embarrassing. Only thing it maybe achieved is that now Russians might know when they possibly got intercepted and what the FBI probably knows. Good job, Nunes. Make this guy head of the DOJ.
(02-05-2018, 10:41 PM)hollodero Wrote: -
Btw this memo was embarrassing. Only thing it maybe achieved is that now Russians might know when they possibly got intercepted and what the FBI probably knows. Good job, Nunes. Make this guy head of the DOJ.

Because of some of the retirements, there is going to be a lot of money and effort pumped into his district to get him out of office. His district went to Trump at 53% last year, so it's going to be a struggle and they were going to ignore it, but with recent events they are going to focus more on him.

(02-05-2018, 10:41 PM)hollodero Wrote: I think this argument is moot. Other agents have affairs or spouses or marriages and most of them will talk politiics with them from time to time. Does this emotional relationship cloud their judgment. Or can we believe until proven otherwise that these people do their job as professionals.

Well, there is a reason that in most professional positions that interdepartmental relationships are taboo.  Particularly in this situation, when you have two individuals that are supposed to be party neutral, exchanging sentiments that are clearly in opposition to the pending POTUS that they are supposedly sworn to defend, showing bias in text conversation is not a good thing.  One of those may have been neutral in their own right, but due to the relationship, they may show bias to appease the mate.

(02-05-2018, 10:45 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Because of some of the retirements, there is going to be a lot of money and effort pumped into his district to get him out of office. His district went to Trump at 53% last year, so it's going to be a struggle and they were going to ignore it, but with recent events they are going to focus more on him.

Hillary had a lot more financial backing that DJT, but the people still ruled the day..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(02-05-2018, 11:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hillary had a lot more financial backing that DJT, but the people still ruled the day..

Did they? Can you really say that when he didn't win the popular vote? How can it be said the people won when the majority did not vote for him to the extent that he did not even have a plurality of the vote?