Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did We Ever Find Out What Mixon's Injury Was?
I never heard what Joe's injury was last year, and am wondering if that news ever broke.

All I know is he missed the final 10 games (11 weeks if you count the bye) with a "foot injury." Making it even stranger was the fact they waited a pretty long time to IR him, so the obviously were hoping his return was sooner than later. Yet it ended up that return was "not at all." I haven't heard anything about surgury after the season either.

So does anyone have any clue what his injury was? Does Linsfranc sound right? I'm really hoping whatever it is there is no chance of it reoccuring. This is the first year his cap hits go way up, and like it or not, we're probably going to have him for the next 2 years at minimum.

He needs to have a big year (Preferably some combination of 1,100+ yards, 4.5+ YPC, 8+ TD's, 350+ receiving yards). I hope he's ready to go.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 08:11 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I never heard what Joe's injury was last year, and am wondering if that news ever broke.  

All I know is he missed the final 10 games (11 weeks if you count the bye) with a "foot injury."  Making it even stranger was the fact they waited a pretty long time to IR him, so the obviously were hoping his return was sooner than later.  Yet it ended up that return was "not at all."  I haven't heard anything about surgury after the season either.

So does anyone have any clue what his injury was?  Does Linsfranc sound right?  I'm really hoping whatever it is there is no chance of it reoccuring.  This is the first year his cap hits go way up, and like it or not, we're probably going to have him for the next 2 years at minimum.  

He needs to have a big year (Preferably some combination of 1,100+ yards, 4.5+ YPC, 8+ TD's, 350+ receiving yards).  I hope he's ready to go.

Dude is looking great in camp. That is all I know and all I care about.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 08:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dude is looking great in camp. That is all I know and all I care about.

[Image: post-14251-eddie-murphy-i-see-what-you-d...jpeg.22077]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Lisfranc injury doesn’t sound right because that probably would have resulted in surgery and IR sooner rather than later. But, they didn’t IR Carson with his elbow injury or Braham with his tibial plateau fracture even though the chance they would play again that season was slim to none. It’s tricky.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l-O5IHVhWj0
Reply/Quote
I assume it was a lisfranc injury. I don’t remember them saying anything specific, other than “foot sprain,” which ultimately can be a way of saying lisfranc without specifying it as such and leaving in a bit of ambiguity.
Reply/Quote
Joe Mixon’s injury? Butt hurt. He caught this disease from reading a pass-only playbook.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 08:11 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: He needs to have a big year (Preferably some combination of 1,100+ yards, 4.5+ YPC, 8+ TD's, 350+ receiving yards).  I hope he's ready to go.

Not sure if that's going to be a "big" year for a 17 game season if you're expecting him to play all 17 games. All stat milestones are going to be messed up by that extra game.

(Interestingly enough, of the top 15 rushers last year, only Derrick Henry played in all 16 games.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Could have been anything... tendonitis, metatarpal inflammation (which I have and is painful as hell), or a myriad of things
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 10:06 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Joe Mixon’s injury? Butt hurt. He caught this disease from reading a pass-only playbook.

He was definitely butt hurt when he challenged us to come outta the stands and average more than 1.4 per carry or whatever it was after that 49ers game 2 years ago. Petty as hell...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Cuboid Syndrome
Reply/Quote
Mixon had better get productive this year, I can't understand why he isn't getting a lot more shade thrown his way from fans.  The guys signed a contract and spent 10 games on the sideline with "undisclosed injury" while our offense and rookie QB floundered and/or got crushed/injured for real.  I could see fans being ok with a guy being injured if he's carted off the field against his will, but the whole day-to-day stuff with Mixon and Green last year while Burrow struggled could have caused a riot.

And maybe I'm being too dramatic, but this has some troubling parallels to the Jeremy Hill rise and fall.  We blame coaches for "not using him right" or "refusing to use him" and we blame his lack of production on "not getting enough touches to build up a rhythm" and so on and so forth.  Maybe everything goes great this year and I'm just being pessimistic, but he's shown that he can sit out games, get pissy with fans, blame others etc.  Get productive or it could get ugly.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 12:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Mixon had better get productive this year, I can't understand why he isn't getting a lot more shade thrown his way from fans. The guys signed a contract and spent 10 games on the sideline with "undisclosed injury" while our offense and rookie QB floundered and/or got crushed/injured for real. I could see fans being ok with a guy being injured if he's carted off the field against his will, but the whole day-to-day stuff with Mixon and Green last year while Burrow struggled could have caused a riot.

In his interview he made it sound like he wanted to come back towards the end of the year but the coaches were like nahhh. Shut him down for the rest of the season.

Agree with you though, surprised he hasn’t been called out more.
Reply/Quote
Mixon had a case of the AJ's last season.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 02:31 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Mixon had a case of the AJ's last season.

Did AZ cure AJ's AJ's?
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 02:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Did AZ cure AJ's AJ's?

Early reports seem to indicate it may have.... 

revengeofthebirds.com/2021/8/1/22604196/a-j-green-kyler-murray-connection-shows-early-promise-in-arizona-cardinals-training-camp-2021

Watch some of the highlights, looks like he is trying again. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote