Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did We get Lucky?
Bengals don't win any more games with Burrow at QB than they did without him in 2020. But Bengals would have won more games early in 2021 if Burrow had been 100% healthy for the offseason.

So the injury was bad luck. Not good at all.
Reply/Quote
Wink 
(07-11-2022, 05:23 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Maybe a little.

Sort of like when David Robison missed 90% of the Spurs 1996 season, and they drafted 1 in 1007 and took Tim Duncan.

Cheers to 5 titles in the next 10 years, just like the Spurs did. Ha

1007. The Dark Ages of Basketball.

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

I would rather his knee was never injured. It happened, we capitalized, which is no gimmee, btw, as the draft is a crapshoot. But so was his recovery, to an extent, no 100% guarantee he recovers, either.

No, for all the strides the team has made re: off-season, NOT successfully addressing the OL first snd foremost after drafting Joe was borderline criminal. I’m glad it worked out, but hopefully this team has learned a permanent lesson re: building a sound football team.
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would say we got much more lucky that Miami jumped all over the board prior to draft day (started at 3, traded down to 12, traded back up to 6.)

They and their fans insist that they would still have taken Waddle if Chase was still on the board but, come on. Remember when Steelers fans and coaches insisted that they weren't targetting WJIII and were in fact hoping Artie Burns would drop to them? Same cope.

If Miami stayed at 3, I think Sewell or maybe Waddle is a Bengal instead of Chase and we'd almost certainly not make the super bowl in those scenarios.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2022, 03:49 PM)J24 Wrote: With  Burrow tearing his ACL his rookie season?

I was watching the herd and they were talking about Andrew Lucks career and how it ended.  The very first  couple of seasons he lead a team that had  no business being in the playoffs to conference championship. As a result the Colts wouldd never be able to draft that top star to go along with Luck until  his last season in the NFL.

That got me thinking if Burrow  doesn't  get hurt we probably win more games to end the Season and it gets us out of the   Chase sweepstakes. If we do not have  Chase do we make the playoffs or Superbowl? Probably. not right? Also does our future look as bright without Chase?

Everything happens for a reason.  Brady was passed over until Round 6.  Did that fuel his greatness?  Seems so, as that rookie draft photo that has been circulated around doesn't look like a guy with the drive to do much at all.  Looked like he spent no time in the gym.

Did Burrow's injury at OSU give him the extra drive to prove himself at LSU?  Perhaps.  

Everyone is the sum of their experiences and how they handle them. 

Personally, I think everything fell in to place perfectly.  The fact that the Bengals ended up with Burrow and Chase here had to be astronomical odds.  But here we are.  
Reply/Quote
Also in same segment on ESPN. It was said if their was a 2021 draft do over 8 GM's would Take Chase 1 overall over all 3 QB elite prospects and a rare unicorn at TE
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2022, 03:49 PM)J24 Wrote: With  Burrow tearing his ACL his rookie season?

I was watching the herd and they were talking about Andrew Lucks career and how it ended.  The very first  couple of seasons he lead a team that had  no business being in the playoffs to conference championship. As a result the Colts wouldd never be able to draft that top star to go along with Luck until  his last season in the NFL.

That got me thinking if Burrow  doesn't  get hurt we probably win more games to end the Season and it gets us out of the   Chase sweepstakes. If we do not have  Chase do we make the playoffs or Superbowl? Probably. not right? Also does our future look as bright without Chase?

I don't believe in luck it is destiny. Wink
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 08:48 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Everything happens for a reason.  Brady was passed over until Round 6.  Did that fuel his greatness?  Seems so, as that rookie draft photo that has been circulated around doesn't look like a guy with the drive to do much at all.  Looked like he spent no time in the gym.

Did Burrow's injury at OSU give him the extra drive to prove himself at LSU?  Perhaps.  

Everyone is the sum of their experiences and how they handle them. 

Personally, I think everything fell in to place perfectly.  The fact that the Bengals ended up with Burrow and Chase here had to be astronomical odds.  But here we are.  

Well said my friend, like I said, it is destiny. Cool
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2022, 04:40 PM)J24 Wrote: Outside of the Steelers and Ravens games all of the games we lost were 1 score games witb Burrow in tbe lineup. To say we wouldn't  have beaten the Giants, Dolphins,  and Cowboys is a bit of an odd statement. Considering that the offense was much better with Burrow at the helm.

Didn't Dalton clap us at PBS, like laughably bad?
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2022, 03:51 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yep, he will need to take care of himself more going forward. There is a time to be the hero and there is a time to live to play another day. What he thinks is selfless is sometimes selfish because trying to will your team to victory by yourself and getting hurt can potentially end your teams season. 

The other thing is you have to "earn" getting roughing the passer calls in the league as dumb as it is. Now that Burrow is a star he will start getting more calls for some of the late hits he has been taking which will help protect him in itself. 

Just want to say great posts Au165 as usual. Agree with everything you said about Luck and this is so true about Burrow.

The refs will have to protect him more now that he is the next up and coming star QB...
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2022, 11:59 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: wtf happened to Trent Richardson. That guy was such a beast in college but turned out to be a huge turd in the NFL. 

There seemed to be a lot of guys come from Bama that were pretty “used up”. Also, when you go from having an NFL line blocking college guys to an NFL line blocking other NFL guys, it is a bit more of a challenge.
Reply/Quote