Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did anybody else find it odd
Hill only had 15 carries, and that includes the three straight carries into the pile as we were just trying to hang on late. We abandoned the run way too easily Sunday. That was the type of game Hill could have easily gone over 100 yards. My guess is with Pitts rushing defense heading into the game the game plan was always going to be pass heavy, but it should have been changed during the game when the run worked.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 09:10 AM)BritishBengal Wrote: There was no way anyone can rationalise why Gio wasn't used. It was a total mistake from Hue. He didn't run the ball enough period, with either Gio or Hill. The game was never so far out of reach as to justify giving up on the run. I sincerely hope we have more balance Thursday.

Seems to happen a lot in pressure-packed games.  This team becomes too one-dimensional.  We forget about the run game.  
Reply/Quote
Dont wanna start too much but the Seahawks are really the only team inthe past years to be consistently super bowl calibur with their offense centered around running the ball. And they need a QB who runs a 4.5 and the harest running back in the league to tackle just to be able to do that.

Patriots, Packers, Saints, Colts, Broncos. All these teams barely ran in their title runs.

Theyre passing attack was just so good you couldnt stop the maybe 12 runs they did do a game because you werent exp cting it.

I absolutley do believe we have the talent and the QB to overwelm teams to that level.

Saying you ran the 30 times looks great on paper. But saying your passing offense was so good that you could get 6 ypc every time you ran it is more of a fit for our team and for the league in general.
Reply/Quote
But yeah Gio should be used more out the backfield and Hue called a bad game last game
Reply/Quote
I chalked it up to gameplan. Pass on their low-ranked secondary, and keep them honest up the gut with the power back... I'm not saying I loved the gameplan, but that's just what I assumed.

I think Cleveland will be a different story. They're dead last in run defense, so I expect Hill and Bernard to get lots of touches.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 11:36 PM)Synric Wrote: Gio had 32 snaps to Hills 35 snaps...he was in pass protection alot.

Gio has been good at picking up the blitz this year, probably better than Hill in the coach's eyes. Made sense to me as Pittsburgh is blitz crazy generally.

Good news from this is both will be fresh enough Thursday night.

God help the Stains  Ninja
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Both teams were pass heavy. I heard lapham say he thought it was probably a result of both teams stacking the line. So maybe it was that. From there Dalton and fat ass played a lol game of who can suck worse and fatty won.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 10:23 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Kind of hard to complain about a win but it would've been nice to see a couple of Gio (or TE) screens to slow down the pass rush.

This is what I thought as well. steelers blitzes were so often they were predictable and thought it should have been countered at times with plays like this too. 

But as you pointed out, it is hard to complain about a win.

Still stoked.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 09:46 AM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: Baseball is 162 games. 

Its a different sport.

Ae you just trolling?

Define "Ae". Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 07:33 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I think a lot of us, me included, saw that Pittsburgh was 27th against the pass and thought we could throw on them all game. I think we didn't take the playoff atmosphere into account, however. At some point Hue should have adjusted though. We came out of the red zone twice with no points because we didn't run the ball.

i think we could have done just that had the pass protection held up better.
Reply/Quote