Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Did anyone else have a feeling about the game last night?
At about the 4th quarter with 9 Minutes to go, I started getting the feeling that the game would come down to Tucker kicking a winning field goal. I noticed Al Michaels and Collinsworth say before this it might very well come down to these two kickers. Once I heard that I started thinking this seems scripted. I started watching carefully for little clues and I think I seen some clues with Hubert missing a tackle and then Logan getting blown by (both running plays) and each additional carries placing the Ravens in a position for a chance at a decent field goal. I do not know what it is but this was a Sunday Night Game, and it felt as if it was somewhat Scripted. Anyone else feeling they have seen the outcome of the games before it is actually over...??

NFL feels a bit scripted....
Reply/Quote
"For entertainment purposes only."   Ninja
Reply/Quote
When we were burning clock like it was our job on that last drive, I knew the final score was going to be 19-17.

I don't know why they ran the play clock down on every play that drive. Did they think that they could extend it to be the final drive of the game? They really needed to leave themselves time to come back after the Tucker field goal.

Of course, our defense allowed them to convert 3 straight first downs the following drive, so the Ravens would have been able to run the clock down with ease regardless, so it ended up not mattering.

But yea. It became clear during that drive exactly how we were going to lose.

I said this either right after we scored or as we were driving to score, I don't remember:
Reply/Quote
Which is why taking the points is the correct call. We take the FG earlier, and they need a TD instead of a FG.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 11:34 AM)Garrus Wrote: Which is why taking the points is the correct call. We take the FG earlier, and they need a TD instead of a FG.

Well, you don't expect your defense, which had been playing well, to totally fail to hold the Ravens from the 2-yard line (they drove 91 yards for a FG). And even if the Bengals took the FG, I would imagine the Ravens would drive for a TD to win at the end, as they seemed to move the ball at will when they were down and had four downs to play with. 

There is a reason that oddsmakers had the Ravens above the Bengals. They are quite a good team. Bengals need to bring their A-game to win against the Ravens.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 11:51 AM)Nepa Wrote: Well, you don't expect your defense, which had been playing well, to totally fail to hold the Ravens from the 2-yard line (they drove 91 yards for a FG). And even if the Bengals took the FG, I would imagine the Ravens would drive for a TD to win at the end, as they seemed to move the ball at will when they were down and had four downs to play with. 

There is a reason that oddsmakers had the Ravens above the Bengals. They are quite a good team. Bengals need to bring their A-game to win against the Ravens.

They might have, but we have been pretty good about allowing TDs this season, especially in the 2nd half. But we have been a bend don't break defense, which is bad when all the team needs is a FG. Honestly, I did not hate them going for it on 4th down, I was just upset by the playcalls. I really think if they planned on going for it on 4th down, then we needed to try and run the ball or go QB sneak. Execution was off on the trick play and shovel pass unfortunately. 
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote