Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did anyone see that 1 foot down TD the Stoolers were rewarded last night?
(10-03-2016, 09:50 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: If every last Bengals fan turned off the Steelers and bought a jersey it wouldn't make a dent. We proud (very) few.

The Bengals fan base is relatively small, but if you can drop ratings by 500k, it's Still significant.  It doesn't cure the problem on it's own, but it's something.

If you could get most fans on the same page and buying the same player's jersey, it would make a difference.  The NFL keeps track of what player jerseys sell the most.  If everyone bought a Dalton jersey and pushed him into the top 5 in jersey sales, the refs are going to let the OL get away with a little more and BS like that no-call on roughing the passer against Pittsburgh doesn't happen, because the refs have to protect a marquee player.  When Luck was in his first two years, if you breathed on him wrong, you got flagged, because he was moving merch.  If everybody buys Green and gets him up there, he'll get more PI calls, get away with more push offs, and get close catch/fumble calls in his favor.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 12:46 PM)740Bengal Wrote: If that is the Bengals no way we get that call,  look at the fumble yesterday for Cleveland, it's as if some teams are just the "fall guys" for the NFL, yet precious little pittsburgh gets every call imaginable.  Makes me wanna puke.

I don't believe in conspiracies but i do believe that refs lean their calls to teams like Pitt and NE. 

Bryant juggling, falling out of bounds somersaulting questionable catch in the end zone...call on the field is touchdown. Replay supposedly inconclusive. Call on the field stands.

Uzomah bang bang play in the end zone...call on the field is out of bounds. 

Boyd bang bang catch knee on the ground/fumble...call on the field is fumble. Replay supposedly inconclusive. Call on the field stands.

Wheaton bobble, bang bang play in the end zone on the sideline...call on the field is touchdown. Replay inconclusive. Call on the field stands. 

I don't believe the fix is in but i do believe, in the moment, refs make calls that lean towards one team and just allow replay to overturn them if they're wrong. When the replay is inconclusive, the original call stands. 

Pitt and NE are the two teams with FO that have a major influence on the league and teams that have a long history of winning. Referees are well aware of this and their calls on the field show there is definitely a bias when making a split second decision. 

Simple question. When was the last time Pitt or NE lost a game and you could look back and say a questionable call or two could have contributed to the defeat? I'll grab a drink and get comfortable in my recliner while you think it over. I already know i'll be here for a while waiting. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 04:16 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: It was the Wheaton TD and it was a good catch and TD because his right butt cheek hit inbounds and one butt cheek = two feet under catch rules.

So a ref can supposedly see Wheaton's butt cheek in bounds (even though his leg came down out of bounds at the same time, but can't see Uzomah's shin and knee down in the back of the end zone?

Just an example of my contention that calls are slanted towards Pitt over anyone they play, save NE. Call Uzomah out of bounds but call Wheaton in bounds on the same type of play. Yeah, makes sense. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati have anyone big in organized crime that may be a Bengals fan and sympathetic? Perhaps they can "sway" some refs?
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 10:47 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Another Steelers thread in  JN.......

Give it a rest dude. If that's what people want to talk about, let them.  No one forced you to read the thread.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 02:49 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Don't say that to a Steelers fan, all they will say is delusional Bengals fan cry about it lol

Lol that's exactly what they would say too. It's funny because we can accurately predict how dumb steelers fans react when they get a call and when we don't. LMAO
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 04:22 PM)Shady Wrote: I hope our next game with the Steelers is sold out already. Sorry I can't be there. The Jungle ought to really earn its name for that game. Bring the noise, people!!

I was at the home game in December (not the Wild card) and it was miserable in my section.  There were many MORE Squealer fans than Bengal Fans....and judging by the P*ss yellow  towels waving.....it was not much different throughout the Stadium.    My hope is.....that the stadium is at least 75% full of Bengal fans....preferably more.    
[Image: predator_zps2bkpnoe5.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 11:54 AM)Earendil Wrote: Give it a rest dude. If that's what people want to talk about, let them.  No one forced you to read the thread.

Nah, I enjoy coming to JN. It'll be nice not to see Steeler threads here.

Reply/Quote
Just watch how many "50-50 calls" go to New England instead of us in Foxboro, and I can already gaurantee you Dalton will take some hits with no flags, but if you TOUCH Prince Brady you will get flagged on his home opener. The NFL has to make it up to tommy boy for making him miss 4 weeks recess(in exchange for not busting the Patriots for all the other cheating they do). That game is almost 2 weeks away, and getting worked up over this post almost made me already need a drink!
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 01:53 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Simple question. When was the last time Pitt or NE lost a game and you could look back and say a questionable call or two could have contributed to the defeat? I'll grab a drink and get comfortable in my recliner while you think it over. I already know i'll be here for a while waiting. 

There was A TON of Pittsburgh fans complaining about calls when we beat them, in their house, on the anniversary of the Immaculate Reception, to punch our ticket to the playoffs and effectively knock S***burgh out. I still can't believe we were allowed to win that game

I can't remember any controversial play calls against either team but Pitt fans were livid about the way the game was called.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 12:12 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: There was A TON of Pittsburgh fans complaining about calls when we beat them, in their house, on the anniversary of the Immaculate Reception, to punch our ticket to the playoffs and effectively knock S***burgh out. I still can't believe we were allowed to win that game

I can't remember any controversial play calls against either team but Pitt fans were livid about the way the game was called.

Heck, I think they were trying to screw us honestly, Pitt fans are just used to having the game handed to them by the guys in stripes when they need bailed out. 
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 12:25 PM)740Bengal Wrote: Heck, I think they were trying to screw us honestly, Pitt fans are just used to having the game handed to them by the guys in stripes when they need bailed out. 

I was shocked we weren't screwed, honestly. I half expected them to give Pitt a PI penalty after Ben was picked off, then I expected them to flag AJ for pushing off when he made that catch in FG range, then I really expected them to throw a flag for just about anything on the fg attempt (each time over until Brown missed it). 

The refs let us have the game, the win, and a playoff spot over Pittsburgh. Such an unlikely event that will probably never be seen again
Reply/Quote