Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did it seem to you that the players were trying to be bad?
I watched the game and just going off memory it seemed like the players were trying to be bad.

Some of those throws by Dalton looked really bad and looked on purpose. Seriously, an eighth grader who has never played before would miss that badly.

Recievers trying to catch the ball and the ball hitting them in the hands then arms flailing like, whatever.

I don't know, maybe my mind is remembering differently. It just looked funny from what I remember.
Reply/Quote
I don't know about intentionally trying to play bad but they certainly didn't seem enthused to play yesterday... Gee, I can't imagine why Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
Being bad is a great way to be stuck here forever. Play not bad. Become a FA who is anything other than a scrap heap bottom tier bum and we'll be too busy extending Burfict and Eifert to bother with you. That's the ticket out of here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
...buy why?
Are the players turning on the coaching staff?
Maybe they are sick of the fans, Mike Brown is...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
The only thing I saw was near the end of the game when A.J. Green had enough of it all. He was on the sidelines near the goal line and Andy's pass sailed way over him with no chance at all for him to make a play.

He then took his hand and made a dismissive sort of wave back towards Dalton, before walking off the field into the sidelines and just checking himself out of the game. He looked at that moment in time like a guy who was just done with it all.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 06:14 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: The only thing I saw was near the end of the game when A.J. Green had enough of it all. He was on the sidelines near the goal line and Andy's pass sailed way over him with no chance at all for him to make a play.

He then took his hand and made a dismissive sort of wave back towards Dalton, before walking off the field into the sidelines and just checking himself out of the game. He looked at that moment in time like a guy who was just done with it all.

It's inevitable with the greats.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 06:14 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: ...buy why?
Are the players turning on the coaching staff?
Maybe they are sick of the fans, Mike Brown is...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

He is? Why do you say that?
Reply/Quote
I didn't catch the entire game, but I remember late in the 4th when Andy Checked down to Bernard and his hands just bricked the catch. The throw was fine-like right at his numbers, he just bricked the catch.

That doesn't happen very often. Might just be a bad game, but the Oline should get the majority of the blame for this loss. My father and I were enraged at ogeebogee not even punching Suggs coming off the line.
Reply/Quote
Getting booed off the field and pelting the QB doesn't exactly inspire good vibes in the stadium. It could have gotten to the team, made them lose what little confidence they had left. It was just a all around shit show tbh.

Thursday should be interesting.

Reply/Quote
"OGBLEWI" WILL BE JJ WATTS BI*TCH ON THURSDAY NITE
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 06:54 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I didn't catch the entire game, but I remember late in the 4th when Andy Checked down to Bernard and his hands just bricked the catch. The throw was fine-like right at his numbers, he just bricked the catch.

That doesn't happen very often. Might just be a bad game, but the Oline should get the majority of the blame for this loss. My father and I were enraged at ogeebogee not even punching Suggs coming off the line.
You mean the pass that drilled him in the face mask..... Dalton doesn't know what touch is.  He has 2 throws 1) A rocket to someone 3 yards away 2) A duck 30 yards downfield that sails out of bounds.
Reply/Quote
I think on defense that there are plenty of players who give it their all. I get the sense that Dunlap and Burfict enjoy sacking QB's and making big hits. Dre Kirk likes to run all over the field. I am generally always happy with that side of the ball. They give up big chunks of yardage at times, but every single game they seem to make their fair share of stops and great plays sometimes out of nowhere.

The offense just has no vision or identity. There is nothing they excel at. Anytime they get something going it always seems as if it could just fall apart on any given play. They never have any rhythm that lasts for more than maybe two consecutive possessions. The last time the O really had an identity was in the 09 season with Benson and the unbalanced line. They should really try that this year.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 06:07 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I watched the game and just going off memory it seemed like the players were trying to be bad.

Some of those throws by Dalton looked really bad and looked on purpose. Seriously, an eighth grader who has never played before would miss that badly.

Recievers trying to catch the ball and the ball hitting them in the hands then arms flailing like, whatever.

I don't know, maybe my mind is remembering differently. It just looked funny from what I remember.
Its called the trickled down loser effect, When the Owner doesn't care, and the Head coach doesn't know how to win, It eventually effects the players. ZAMPESEE has zero creativity and is rehashing an old outdated playbook. Listen, let me explain, Say if I'm the Offensive coordinator, and all week long I don't give no insight to how to attack the opposing teams defense, I tell my offense "We are going to run up the middle every play".------------------------ Come gameday how do you think the players would feel?  -------- Exactly zero energy, disinterested, ready to lose, why? I have killed there Spirit with my lack of preparation and incompetence. ------------------ Eifert did not receive one pass his way Sunday, Mixon was benched for 2 and a half quarters, and when he was in there, he was used to run up the middle, Aj green slant city. Our offense is predictable and stale.------------------------ Ravens were ready for everything. No reverses, no power sweeps, no jet sweeps, no faking the run to one side passing to the other,no seam passes,no jumbo line, no pass to a RB downfield,no Aj deep,no Dalton option or scramble,. No plan, No passion, No freakin pride.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 06:07 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I watched the game and just going off memory it seemed like the players were trying to be bad.

Lethargic is the way I would describe almost every Bengal.  They looked lethargic.  As though they didn't get the memo this was a regular season game.

I guess no one had any gas to run on.  Pathetic. Makes me want to vomit.  They are better than the Ravens, and the defense played well enough to win it...and that one TD was a pick play.  We would have been flagged for that.  

The offense had better adjust the incredibly stupid game plan or we will make every defense look like the 85 Bears.  
Reply/Quote
I know AJ was trying. I know most of our defense looked like they were trying. I think Gio was trying. It definitely looked like CedO and Andy didn't care at all. If your team can't block for you Andy, don't force the ball into coverage, throw it out of bounds. That's called making smart QB decisions, not throwing it and hoping for the best? I don't know why that even needs to be said to this guy, this was his worst game by far and didn't need to be. I would've taken a 3 and out every time versus seeing him throw it to the ravens 4 times.

There were questionable calls in this game, not an excuse, but there were. We still would've lost either way. It just doesn't help the momentum plus the fans calling for Andy's head during the game. There's a lot of room to point fingers, but at the end of the day I think I we just flat out sucked and weren't prepared for the Ravens. Let's see what happens Thursday.
Reply/Quote
I actually think, besides the one play, which was excellent design, the secondary as a whole played well. Honestly, the defense really did play well besides a milking 9 minute drive. They gave up 20 points, and one touchdown that was already in the red zone.

I'm not too disappointed with their efforts.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
I think the offense just was completely unprepared for any kind of live action pass rush.

They'll adjust and we'll see how they do on Thursday.

The defense looked great yesterday though, all things considered.

They basically had only 1 or maybe 2 ugly defensive plays all day.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 12:06 AM)ah5 Wrote: You mean the pass that drilled him in the face mask..... Dalton doesn't know what touch is.  He has 2 throws 1) A rocket to someone 3 yards away 2) A duck 30 yards downfield that sails out of bounds.

And that's simply not true.....
Reply/Quote
It's just so disheartening to see this team play that bad.

I mean, they were worse than those teams from the 90's! At least those teams from the 90's tried and wanted to win.

It's only the first game of the season, maybe they will get better but I just don't see how.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 07:49 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I actually think, besides the one play, which was excellent design, the secondary as a whole played well. Honestly, the defense really did play well besides a milking 9 minute drive. They gave up 20 points, and one touchdown that was already in the red zone.

I'm not too disappointed with their efforts.

Yes, but that 9 minute drive was embarrassing. Stop the damn run already.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote