Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Did the Bengals re-sign Gio so that they could trade him?
It's the only thing I can think of that makes re-signing him make any sense. He's gotten like 5 touches over the last 2 games.

If you think about it - it's actually not a bad move by the Bengals (if they actually plan on trading him). Lock up a player who was going to be a FA to a muli year team friendly deal and then flip him at the deadline (more value because more team controllable years).

If this isn't the case - then man, what a backwards move by the Bengals.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Who is going to trade for Gio? He's paid Top 15 back money and get gets 5 or less touches a game.

My guess is they re-signed him fearing Mixon will hold out next year.

Joke is on them, because I think Mixon wants our and may not sign an extension here.
Reply/Quote
Mikey never has such plans, that actually takes intelligence, planning and strategy to think like that. He has exhibited none of those traits. He has no clue how to actually build a winning roster.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 10:25 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Who is going to trade for Gio? He's paid Top 15 back money and get gets 5 or less touches a game.

Joke is on them, because I think Mixon wants our and may not sign an extension here.

100% 

Players in the NFL have a lot of the power these days. You see guys like Jalen Ramsey and the Miami Dolphins players basically demanding trades earlier this year. Do you really blame them? You think guys on the Dolphins want any part of that tank job the FO is putting on? Its an embarrassment. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Not this year, his dead cap number is 6 million. His next two years however are very team friendly in terms of being able to cut or traded him. My hunch based on the design of the contract is he is Mixon insurance in the event he tries to holdout next year as he has hinted at loosely.
Reply/Quote
He would be a good rotational back in the Patriots system.

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 10:50 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: He would be a good rotational back in the Patriots system.

On field. Like I said though he is paid Top 15 back money. I doubt the Pats want any part of that.

The announcers said how he'd be good on the Pats. Is there any guy that wouldn't be better on the Pats than here?
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 10:50 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: He would be a good rotational back in the Patriots system.

I agree, but there's no way Belichick would take on that contract.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 10:23 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It's the only thing I can think of that makes re-signing him make any sense. He's gotten like 5 touches over the last 2 games.

If you think about it - it's actually not a bad move by the Bengals (if they actually plan on trading him). Lock up a player who was going to be a FA to a muli year team friendly deal and then flip him at the deadline (more value because more team controllable years).

If this isn't the case - then man, what a backwards move by the Bengals.

He's the replacement for Ryan Hewitt.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully .. gio is no existent. He goes down easy.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
You are giving them way too much credit.

There was no plan behind this extension.

This one falls in the long line of overpaying guys because they are good in the locker room. Reggie kelly, geathers, vrey, mj etc..

You may say well their production on the field doesn't warrant they pay. They will say. Have you seen how awesome this guy is in the locker room. Team and spiritual leader blah blah blah. Its staples like this no team could possibly get to 0-5 without.
Reply/Quote
I agree, Bengals don't think that far ahead. That's how Marvin Lewis and Andy Dalton lasted/last so long. There is no way they think like the Patriots in any respect.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 10:25 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Who is going to trade for Gio? He's paid Top 15 back money and get gets 5 or less touches a game.

Exactly.  Mixon isn't going to waste his whole career in Cincinnati if they're not committed to winning.  Bernard won't be able to handle the workload if Mixon holds out and we'll really be in trouble.  This would kinda remind me of another number 28 that used to play on the team.  

(10-07-2019, 10:31 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: 100% 

Players in the NFL have a lot of the power these days. You see guys like Jalen Ramsey and the Miami Dolphins players basically demanding trades earlier this year. Do you really blame them? You think guys on the Dolphins want any part of that tank job the FO is putting on? Its an embarrassment. 

The way I see it is that it's career-suicide to be a part of a team that tanks on purpose.  I feel sorry for those players on the Dolphins roster as nothing good comes from intentionally losing.  They'll just bring in new guys to take your job.  It's funny how people got on Palmer for quitting when he actually went straight to the owner trying to help the team and it didn't do a damn bit of good.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
A sneaky trade candidate for me would be Mixon top 5 RB on a cheap contract. Maybe some team looks at him and you get a second for him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Gio has 70 combined yards in the the last 4 games. The extension makes no sense, IMO, if this is how he'll continue to be used...which is pretty much how he was used last year as well. Just far too much money for such little usage / production.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 04:12 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Gio has 70 combined yards in the the last games. The extension makes no sense, IMO, if this is how he'll continue to be used...which is pretty much how he was used last year as well. Just far too much money for such little usage / production.

Yup.. Maybe if Taylor would have said he plans on implementing a Saints or an Eagles offense from few years back, instead of the Rams, then the Gio deal would make more sense. 

Basically they paid for a nice Corvette to be used in a demolition derby.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I hate to say it but Mixon is terrible in pass protection
Reply/Quote
Gio's deal was anything but "team friendly. Frankly, it was another dumb move by a totally inept FO.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 04:29 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I hate to say it but Mixon is terrible in pass protection

This. 

We saw it in the Arizona game. Mixon's pass pro is bad which is why Gio is the 3rd down back. 

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 04:29 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I hate to say it but Mixon is terrible in pass protection

His hold out is going to be comical.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote