Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did we get rid of the wrong penalty machine?
What is that now, 3 big penalties on the day for Shawn Williams?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
So, not a single other fan noticed this continuing problem, or has thoughts on the matter, other than myself?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The problem is Marvin Lewis in these situations always has been always will be
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 08:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, not a single other fan noticed this continuing problem, or has thoughts on the matter, other than myself?

I saw a few plays where he took really bad angles in run support besides the penalties.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
Nope, completely agree with you. Williams is one of the few guys in the team who we have to worry about handing free yards to opposing offenses thanks to stupid, unnecessary penalties.
Reply/Quote
I'm trying to remember but he's single handedly responsible for 3 drives that wold have been stops continuing on. Perhaps more, it's a serious problem.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 09:01 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm trying to remember but he's single handedly responsible for 3 drives that wold have been stops continuing on. Perhaps more, it's a serious problem.

Exactly!  When 10 other guys played their asses off, in an effort to get the "out", you shouldn't have to worry about one of your veterans repeatedly making jack-ass penalties.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The personal foul on Shawn was BS; as to the rest, that's football. No starter plays more on Special Teams than Williams. Hell, last week he is why we beat the Ravens.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 09:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The personal foul on Shawn was BS; as to the rest, that's football. No starter plays more on Special Teams than Williams. Hell, last week he is why we beat the Ravens.

I agree but at some point you have to learn to take the high road and not give that little shove out of bounds when the play is already over.
Reply/Quote
Everybody loved him last week.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 09:26 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I agree but at some point you have to learn to take the high road and not give that little shove out of bounds when the play is already over.

The offensive player was actually the one with the extra shove, shawn pushed back, and then the offensive player pushed again. I do agree I wish he would not have done it. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 09:26 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I agree but at some point you have to learn to take the high road and not give that little shove out of bounds when the play is already over.

This is my perspective.  What is this, his 6th or 7th year in the league?  He's been around long enough to know what's acceptable, and definitely veteran enough to have better control of himself.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 09:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The offensive player was actually the one with the extra shove, shawn pushed back, and then the offensive player pushed again. I do agree I wish he would not have done it. 

I saw it, yup, WR shoved first. But it was a tiny little shove and you have to learn to ignore that stuff for the better of the team.

I'm not hating on Williams I think he's a good player but he's got to clean up his act. IMHO he's very near being a ref target just like Burfict already is. We don't need anymore hot heads who can't control their emotions.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 08:49 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: The problem is Marvin Lewis in these situations always has been always will be

If it’s Williams or Ross or whoever, Marvin will say the same thing.... “We’ve got to do a better job.”
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 09:43 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I saw it, yup, WR shoved first. But it was a tiny little shove and you have to learn to ignore that stuff for the better of the team.

I'm not hating on Williams I think he's a good player but he's got to clean up his act. IMHO he's very near being a ref target just like Burfict already is. We don't need anymore hot heads who can't control their emotions.

What do you expect? He had years to learn from Adam Jones who could be baited into penalties easier then a 5 year old. 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 09:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The offensive player was actually the one with the extra shove, shawn pushed back, and then the offensive player pushed again. I do agree I wish he would not have done it. 

And then he smacked the ball out of the receiver's hand in front of the official, which is going to generate a penalty EVERY time.  He had the choice to not retaliate, but chose not to and hurt his team in doing so.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 10:02 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: And then he smacked the ball out of the receiver's hand in front of the official, which is going to generate a penalty EVERY time.  He had the choice to not retaliate, but chose not to and hurt his team in doing so.

Yeah, that's poor sportsmanship, to say the least.  He allowed the play to happen, just accept it, move on, and play better next down.

All that I can say is that Coach Austin needs to get control of the room, quickly..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I would trade someone to Oakland just to get Reggie Nelson back.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 09:43 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm not hating on Williams I think he's a good player but he's got to clean up his act. IMHO he's very near being a ref target just like Burfict already is. We don't need anymore hot heads who can't control their emotions.

There certainly does seem to be ref bias against players and teams.  In the Steelers v Bucs game last night, for example, there was a late hit, helmet-to-helmet on Fitzpatrick very similar to the one where Williams was ejected.  There was a flag, but not even a peep about an ejection.  Maybe Kirkpatrick isn't as important as Luck to the league?  These types of calls seem way too arbitrary...  
Reply/Quote
Iloka didn't get ticky tack shit like that, to the best of my memory.....he got his from tough hitting.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote