Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did we just witness the fall of the Evil Empire?
(01-15-2018, 11:23 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 469 yds and 5 TD’s in a playoff game against a #1 defense is on the “decline?”

Don’t kid yourself, Ben is still elite.

Oh come on, some of those TD's (especially the ones on 4th down) were throw-it-up-and-hope "prayers," that were miraculously answered.
Reply/Quote
Wrong, we need to hire their HC and DC, they whooped the pitsberg twice, the first time by A LOT and then again when it mattered! In the playoffs (take note MARVIN). This seems to have been by preparation and coaching, in other words, deliberately and always in control.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 11:09 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Ben has a decision to make.

He's made up his mind and he's going to be back and Haley won't.  I don't see Ben retiring until at least a year after Brady does.

(01-15-2018, 12:04 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Wrong, we need to hire their HC and DC, they whooped the pitsberg twice, the first time by A LOT and then again when it mattered! In the playoffs (take note MARVIN). This seems to have been by preparation and coaching, in other words, deliberately and always in control.

I'd say part of that is because the Jaguars hired Tom Coughlin who seems to have a thing for beating teams that refuse to acknowledge that they could ever possibly be beaten.  We had our chance to hire this guy multiple times but we've been too busy giving Marvin Lewis a lifetime contract and/or giving Mike Brown's family members and poker buddies positions.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 11:50 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Oh come on, some of those TD's (especially the ones on 4th down) were throw-it-up-and-hope "prayers," that were miraculously answered.

That's part of their game, that's part of everyone game. You throw up a 50/50 ball and let your WR win.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 12:17 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: That's part of their game, that's part of everyone game.  You throw up a 50/50 ball and let your WR win.

On 1st thru 3rd down, I would tend to agree with you, because if the pass is incomplete, you live to see another play.
However on 4th down, those LOW PERCENTAGE passes were clearly desperation, the coverage was good... it was a miracle they were completed.
Pittsburgh is LUCKY that they didn't lose by 17 instead of only 3.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 11:50 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Oh come on, some of those TD's (especially the ones on 4th down) were throw-it-up-and-hope "prayers," that were miraculously answered.

That’s what you do when you have the best WR in the league, and a QB that can throw the ball a country mile.

Reply/Quote
Steelers will always be a contending team because of their owner.
Reply/Quote
10 games wins the division and they already have 4 in the bag Whatever

Reply/Quote
470 yards and 5 tds. Weak AF right! That cat is seriously on the decline and did you see Bell, Brown and Juju; oh and that terrible unclutch catch by Bryant. These guys are a joke and only put up 42 points and nearly won when they were down by 21 early. They are pathetic!

Where do people come up with this stuff. As much as I hate Pittsburgh they are leaps and bounds better then most of the league and unless Cincinnati comes up huge this off season they are ready to crush us again next season.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 12:44 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Steelers will always be a contending team because of their owner.

I agree, at worst they might miss the playoffs for a year or two. Long term they will remain a contender even after Ben leaves.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 11:29 AM)Trademark Wrote: Lol Bell already said he’s not gonna play if he is franchise tagged again and I don’t blame him. RB’s take a beating

Wana bet. You think he’s walking away from 14.5 million. No fing way.
Reply/Quote
This current Steelers team is done. And their super bowl window is perhaps closed at the moment. Bell will likely be gone, Shazier was a huge loss, and they have diva issues at receiver. Their secondary is suspect, and some of their LB picks just have underperformed.

But unlike the Bengals, their organizational structure is excellent. And they will be back quickly most likely. I also haven't seen the drop off from BR that many see. He looked good yesterday against a great pass defense and made some throws that quite frankly, our QB doesn't have the ability to make.

Bengals aren't going to get over the hump by the Steelers getting worse. Here's hoping Marvin has more control and the dominos fall. The playoffs were full of previously beleaguered teams. With the right moves, the Bengals could be like the Jags next year. Need some FA help, young guys to develop, and to hit some picks in the draft. Can turn it around that quick.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 12:44 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Steelers will always be a contending team because of their owner.

Same owner as the Bubby-Brister, Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox, eras?
Yea, the Steelers caught lightning in a bottle with Big Ben.
Before that, they weren't all that great.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 01:58 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Same owner as the Bubby-Brister, Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox, eras?

They weren't winning SBs, but between Bradshaw and Ben they had 11 playoff appearances, 9 playoff wins, and a SB appearance.  It's clear they have less awful dry spells than most.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 01:58 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Same owner as the Bubby-Brister, Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox, eras?

Bingo

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 02:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bingo

20 years between great QBs and they notched 9 playoff wins and 13 winning seasons.  In an NFL where teams can go 27+ years between playoffs wins, and appear in 0 Super Bowls in over 50 years I'd say that's a pretty good dry spell.  Anyways, I'm sick of defending the Steelers for now.
Reply/Quote
I was so happy to see the fans speechless. The Pittsburgh Steelers will always be in contention because they have tradition they are organized and they want to win.

Say what you want about Ben Roethlisberger he is a Hall of Famer from Miami of Ohio.

I just hope they don't grab Mason Rudolph in the next NFL draft.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Since 2000, the Steelers have only had one season under .500, which was 2003. That was the year before Roethlisberger was drafted. So since Roethlisberger arrived, the Steelers have never had a losing season.

So I believe that even if Le'Veon Bell goes elsewhere, the Steelers will still be competing for a division title until Roethlisberger retires.
With that said, I think the Steelers will take a step back once he's gone and hopefully they whiff on a good starting QB (assuming they look in the draft rather than a proven player in FA).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Nope, but it was damn fun watching them crash and burn after running those d*** holsters. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

We've seen the Bengals take a knee and go into the locker room at halftime LOSING instead of trying to "throw-it-up-and-hope prayers". Miracles do happen. Are you implying that Marvin doesn't believe in miracles? OMG
Reply/Quote