Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did we use much motion against Green Bay?
We heard rumblings during the off-season that Zac wanted to add more motion and 3 WR stacks

I was not watching for these things so does anyone know if we used much motion in the pass game?

Seems like some we should be doing way more than we do.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Nope. On both sides of the ball we were as vanilla as vanilla gets.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2023, 07:02 PM)Housh Wrote: We heard rumblings during the off-season that Zac wanted to add more motion and 3 WR stacks

I was not watching for these things so does anyone know if we used much motion in the pass game?

Seems like some we should be doing way more than we do.

I was at game.

NO, these were super super basic plays the Bengals ran. I really appreciate that they are using just the young guys and are teaching them this way. Guessing the game plans will work up to that. It's cool that the coaches just want to see basic stuff and will teach the right guys the rest as their career progresses.
Reply/Quote
Yeah...this was nothing but an evaluation game. No motion plays. No stunts. It was our 2nd, 3rd stringers and rookies against their 1st stringers. Trying to find out what we got before installing a playbook for everything.

We're not going to see much until that 3rd pre-season game where players are trying to make the team and the playbook is expanded.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2023, 11:03 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: Yeah...this was nothing but an evaluation game. No motion plays. No stunts. It was our 2nd, 3rd stringers and rookies against their 1st stringers. Trying to find out what we got before installing a playbook for everything.

We're not going to see much until that 3rd pre-season game where players are trying to make the team and the playbook is expanded.

There was a handful of stunts. They just weren’t effective in any way.
Reply/Quote
Not that I recall, very vanilla play calling which is the norm for preseason.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2023, 12:32 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Not that I recall, very vanilla play calling which is the norm for preseason.

I can't hardly imagine a team wanting to roll out any new wrinkles to their offensive game plan in preseason games.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2023, 01:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I can't hardly imagine a team wanting to roll out any new wrinkles to their offensive game plan in preseason games.

The Jaguars with Pederson were which was strange.

As others said, we were vanilla ice in this game.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2023, 11:03 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: Yeah...this was nothing but an evaluation game.  No motion plays.  No stunts.  It was our 2nd, 3rd stringers and rookies against their 1st stringers.  Trying to find out what we got before installing a playbook for everything.

And that could be limited so they keep it off film till the season especially with Burrow unlikely to play in preseason 
Reply/Quote
It's interesting, because Green Bay actually called a CB blitz fairly early in the game.

I don't expect to see anything unique from ANY team in the preseason, let alone the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
With the Browns having a new DC, I would not be surprised to see us run more motion in the 1st half of game one. Motion can take away some of the surprise since we wont have any tape.

Reply/Quote