Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did you know?
So I was watching a random YouTube video of funniest movie lines or whatever it was called when I heard the name Karras. Turns out Ted Karras is the nephew, maybe great nephew of Alex Karras who played (Mongo) in one of my favorite comedy movies Blazing Saddles. I knew he came from a long line of NFL players in his family, and knew Mongo played football but never knew his name. I’m sure most of you already knew this. Just thought it was interesting enough to pass along.
Reply/Quote
Great nephew. We had a thread a month or two back where we were talking about it. Someone suggested 'Mongo' for his nickname.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 08:31 PM)TKUHL Wrote: So I was watching a random YouTube video of funniest movie lines or whatever it was called when I heard the name Karras. Turns out Ted Karras is the nephew, maybe great nephew of Alex Karras who played (Mongo) in one of my favorite comedy movies Blazing Saddles. I knew he came from a long line of NFL players in his family, and knew Mongo played football but never knew his name. I’m sure most of you already knew this. Just thought it was interesting enough to pass along.

Pretty sure you're the only one that didn't.

Alex Karras played in a lot of stuff
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 09:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pretty sure you're the only one that didn't.

Yea I knew the guy played football and also portrayed the dad in Webster but never knew his name.
Reply/Quote
I'm not going to cheat by googling it, but wasn't Alex Karras one of the commentators on American Gladiators?
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 09:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not going to cheat by googling it, but wasn't Alex Karras one of the commentators on American Gladiators?
It was Larry Czonka I believe.

Sent from my moto g 5G (2022) using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 09:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pretty sure you're the only one that didn't.

You know, you can actually center that sig in your settings... Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:30 AM)Storer50 Wrote: It was Larry Czonka I believe.

Sent from my moto g 5G (2022) using Tapatalk

Bingo. Theismann for 1 season (the first), the Csonka the rest until season 5.

Nitro became the, "colour," guy at that point.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 09:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not going to cheat by googling it, but wasn't Alex Karras one of the commentators on American Gladiators?

I only remember one thing about American Gladiators:

[Image: s-l500.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I'll throw it here, did anyone else not know Justice Hill (BAL HB) is the brother of Dax Hill? They said it on the broadcast last night and I was surprised.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 05:37 PM)Au165 Wrote: I'll throw it here, did anyone else not know Justice Hill (BAL HB) is the brother of Dax Hill? They said it on the broadcast last night and I was surprised.

I did Wink

Years of poring over PFR :)

(01-16-2023, 05:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I only remember one thing about American Gladiators:

[Image: s-l500.jpg]

Raye Hollit is definitely good looking, but I'll go for Diamond (Erika Andersch):

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

A few more of the old cast were lookers and almost all of the reboot cast was very attractive, with my favourite being Phoenix (Jennifer Widerstrom):

[Image: e1165a399290bc3547897e1ca91ad0d3--americ...rstrom.jpg]

Always been a MASSIVE AG fan.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote