Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Didn't watch the game
So, for the first time since I can remember, I intentionally didn't watch the game on Sunday. Sure there've been times I've missed games due to work or church obligations or even lack of internet, but I had the time and capability, I just chose to play video games instead.

And boy am I glad I did. First off, it was a nice, relaxing afternoon. I just chilled playing some Batman Arkham Knight (playing through it for like the 5th time - it's an awesome game). At one point I was curious about the score saw that it was halftime and the score was 12-7 and I was like WTF? But, I figured, the Bears aren't that good and the Bengals should still beat them.

Wow. I looked at the final score and I just couldn't believe it. I had to refresh my browser 'cause I thought it made a mistake. 33-7? Are you kidding me?

At this point, Mike NEEDS to fire Merv. Yes, his contract up. Yes, the interim HC will most likely be a lame-duck interim , but Brown absolutely NEEDS to do something. Not for the playoffs, that ship has sailed. But, he needs to at least TRY to make it seem like he cares about this team.

I haven't been this eager/anxious for the offseason to start since sometime in the 90s! I will say this, though, i doubt I'm watching any more Bengal games this season barring something like McCarron starting or something.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Didn't watch it either. Saw the score at halftime and knew we were going to lose though. We are without a doubt
the worst 2nd half team i have ever seen and it is because of Marvin Lewis. Heck, Gio averaged a high yards per 
carry amount and it still didn't open anything up in the passing game.

Disagree on firing Marv right now though. Would probably win a few games and get a lower pick lol.
Reply/Quote
I've never been at this place in my Bengal fandom, where I am now. Complete apathy is only way I know how to describe it.

Not even during the dark decade + did I feel this way ! I always kept this glimmer of hope shining, next year we'll get better. Now, there's no hope left, I'm at a crossroads.

I didn't watch the game either until late last night and I switched it off before halftime unable to go on. If Mike Brown doesn't make some major changes and at least try something different I'm gonna step away for awhile. Which is to say until he's gone.

I've had enough, and that's sad.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 03:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Didn't watch it either. Saw the score at halftime and knew we were going to lose though. We are without a doubt
the worst 2nd half team i have ever seen and it is because of Marvin Lewis. Heck, Gio averaged a high yards per 
carry amount and it still didn't open anything up in the passing game.

Even the announcers were talking about Marv's 2nd half struggles. And this isn't something new as my thread from a couple weeks ago proves. This has been way more often than not a Marv mainstay !
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 03:59 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've never been at this place in my Bengal fandom, where I am now. Complete apathy is only way I know how to describe it.

Not even during the dark decade + did I feel this way ! I always kept this glimmer of hope shining, next year we'll get better. Now, there's no hope left, I'm at a crossroads.

I didn't watch the game either until late last night and I switched it off before halftime unable to go on. If Mike Brown doesn't make some major changes and at least try something different I'm gonna step away for awhile. Which is to say until he's gone.

Hey man, i never had any hope of winning a playoff game with Marv anyways.

I am actually excited cause it is so bad there HAS to be some changes made for once.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 03:59 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've never been at this place in my Bengal fandom, where I am now. Complete apathy is only way I know how to describe it.

Which is kind of amazing. We're a hearty bunch!
Reply/Quote
Whats sucks is that even though we have seen what we've seen and know there's no possible way Marv stays around after this debacle? Ummm... We can't be confident any changes will be made even if we lose out and don't score the rest of the year.

Reply/Quote
It was honestly one of the worst games I've seen in such a long time. No one played well. No one seemed to care. Everyone was just lethargic and seemed like they had given up.

It was bad all the way around.

You could tell the team quit. It was just bad.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I watched the first half. I had a family commitment of which they asked if the Bengal game was important and I said no. As was, I’m glad I missed the 2nd half.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 04:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey man, i never had any hope of winning a playoff game with Marv anyways.

I am actually excited cause it is so bad there HAS to be some changes made for once.

Mike Brown and the word change go together about like throwing a 1lb block of ice into a vat of 400 degree vegetable oil.

Or in other words I wouldn't assume anything will guarantee change.

Mike plays in a world with a different set of rules than the norm !
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 04:01 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Even the announcers were talking about Marv's 2nd half struggles. And this isn't something new as my thread from a couple weeks ago proves. This has been way more often than not a Marv mainstay !

Yep, one of the biggest reasons i think this team might be good next year is the way Marv has always handcuffed our
Offense. With a new coach, hopefully an Offensive minded one this would be a major step for us to actually start scoring
some points in the 2nd half of games lol.

Just crazy for a Defensive minded coach to put his nose in the Offense. You don't see Zimmer doing this in Minnesota.

(12-11-2017, 04:20 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: It was honestly one of the worst games I've seen in such a long time. No one played well. No one seemed to care. Everyone was just lethargic and seemed like they had given up.

They quit on Marv, good for them.

As frustrated as we are imagine being a player out there being put in such bad positions on a weekly basis.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 04:28 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Mike Brown and the word change go together about like throwing a 1lb block of ice into a vat of 400 degree vegetable oil.

Or in other words I wouldn't assume anything will guarantee change.

Mike plays in a world with a different set of rules than the norm !

I am hoping Sunset is right and MB steps aside after the season.

Think Katie would be mucho better...
Reply/Quote
I didn't watch either. It's the 2nd or 3rd game I've missed this year, and I also missed a handful last year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 04:15 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Whats sucks is that even though we have seen what we've seen and know there's no possible way Marv stays around after this debacle? Ummm... We can't be confident any changes will be made even if we lose out and don't score the rest of the year.

Exactly Harley

Saying this or that will cause change applies to most of the world. MB is in a different world though and nothing is guaranteed !
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 04:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am hoping Sunset is right and MB steps aside after the season.

Think Katie would be mucho better...

I'm at the point where I'd hire the first pee wee coach I could find and throw darts blindfolded to call plays.

Because.......... you could then say at least we tried.
Reply/Quote
Fun fact: McCarron played in the last few drives and looked like complete shit.

4/8 for 47 yards and took a sack.

41 of those 47 yards were screens/outlets to Bernard who did the work for them.

He overthrew and underthrew the other 6 passes pretty severely.

You can't judge a player off of 9 snaps, but god damn he looked bad in those 9 plays...
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 04:36 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm at the point where I'd hire the first pee wee coach I could find and throw darts blindfolded to call plays.

Because.......... you could then say at least we tried.

Marv and PA are so bad anybody would be an upgrade dude. Seriously has looked like they have intentionally threw
our last two seasons down the drain and the players know it. I am not near as down as some. I cannot wait till Marv
and PA are no longer here, this is all i know.

Looking forward to the Offseason honestly. We will see but changes WILL be made. What kind i have no clue, but i
find it better than no hope of a playoff win with Marv as HC. Haven't had any hope for years, he is just that shitty of
a coach. Would be nice to have a coach that believes that adjusting in the game is essential and not journalistic jargon.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 04:43 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Fun fact: McCarron played in the last few drives and looked like complete shit.

You can't judge a player off of 9 snaps, but god damn he looked bad in those 9 plays...

Don't tell the stains but AJM has looked bad this entire year. Preseason he was worse than Driskell by far.

Sure hope we get something for the guy. Cannot believe they were or are still interested.
Reply/Quote
wolfkaosaun Wrote:It was honestly one of the worst games I've seen in such a long time. No one played well. No one seemed to care. Everyone was just lethargic and seemed like they had given up.

Yet when Marvin is asked about a lack of effort, he says there was not a lack of effort...
[Image: giphy.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 04:43 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Fun fact: McCarron played in the last few drives and looked like complete shit.

I mean, if you watched him in preseason none of that is surprising
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote