Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Didn't watch the game
(12-11-2017, 04:20 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: It was honestly one of the worst games I've seen in such a long time. No one played well. No one seemed to care. Everyone was just lethargic and seemed like they had given up.

It was bad all the way around.

You could tell the team quit. It was just bad.

Another reason to fire Merv NOW and not at the end of the season. Show the players that even if Merv has quit on the team, if they want to continue to play in the NFL, they do NOT have that luxury. Of course, this would require Mike has a spine to fire one of his bestest friends ever.  Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 04:43 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Fun fact: McCarron played in the last few drives and looked like complete shit.

4/8 for 47 yards and took a sack.

41 of those 47 yards were screens/outlets to Bernard who did the work for them.

He overthrew and underthrew the other 6 passes pretty severely.

You can't judge a player off of 9 snaps, but damn he looked bad in those 9 plays...

Yep. Where are all the McCarron fans at? Where are all those who think Andy is the problem?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 05:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yep. Where are all the McCarron fans at? Where are all those who think Andy is the problem?

Exactly right...neither one can throw looking out their ear hole.

The problem is the O line is a direct product of the 1990's still being served up by Mikey Boy.

[Image: circus.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 03:43 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So, for the first time since I can remember, I intentionally didn't watch the game on Sunday. Sure there've been times I've missed games due to work or church obligations or even lack of internet, but I had the time and capability, I just chose to play video games instead.

And boy am I glad I did. First off, it was a nice, relaxing afternoon. I just chilled playing some Batman Arkham Knight (playing through it for like the 5th time - it's an awesome game). At one point I was curious about the score saw that it was halftime and the score was 12-7 and I was like WTF? But, I figured, the Bears aren't that good and the Bengals should still beat them.

Wow. I looked at the final score and I just couldn't believe it. I had to refresh my browser 'cause I thought it made a mistake. 33-7? Are you kidding me?

At this point, Mike NEEDS to fire Merv. Yes, his contract up. Yes, the interim HC will most likely be a lame-duck interim , but Brown absolutely NEEDS to do something. Not for the playoffs, that ship has sailed. But, he needs to at least TRY to make it seem like he cares about this team.

I haven't been this eager/anxious for the offseason to start since sometime in the 90s! I will say this, though, i doubt I'm watching any more Bengal games this season barring something like McCarron starting or something.

McCarron is the only hope for this team, that or Marvin returning for another season.  Marvin Must Return.  It is a must.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 03:59 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've never been at this place in my Bengal fandom, where I am now. Complete apathy is only way I know how to describe it.

Not even during the dark decade + did I feel this way ! I always kept this glimmer of hope shining, next year we'll get better. Now, there's no hope left, I'm at a crossroads.

I didn't watch the game either until late last night and I switched it off before halftime unable to go on. If Mike Brown doesn't make some major changes and at least try something different I'm gonna step away for awhile. Which is to say until he's gone.

I've had enough, and that's sad.

I was out Christmas shopping when it it started. I didn't rush home for it. When I got home it was almost halftime. I sat down to watch the second half. The Bears scored quick, and I flipped it to the Vikings game to pull for Adam Theilen on my fantasy team... I've never done that before.

If the Patriots defense can hold my 11 point lead tonight against Brandon Cooks, I will be actively pulling for Theilen next week against my Bengals.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I watched the whole thing with my girlfriend's dad, like I always do. We always have fun, even during the losses, because we find ways to joke/make light of the nonsense that occurs.

But yesterday it really hit me that I would've rather just stayed home and play video games or go out to the movies. I felt like I wasted my afternoon. I honestly think I am done doing that.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 06:16 PM)Slythe Wrote: I watched the whole thing with my girlfriend's dad, like I always do. We always have fun, even during the losses, because we find ways to joke/make light of the nonsense that occurs.

But yesterday it really hit me that I would've rather just stayed home and play video games or go out to the movies. I felt like I wasted my afternoon. I honestly think I am done doing that.

As long as you spend it with someone you care about then it was wasted time.   Peace!!..!!
Reply/Quote
I played video games while watching the game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 05:52 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: McCarron is the only hope for this team, that or Marvin returning for another season.  Marvin Must Return.  It is a must.

[Image: s-l300.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 03:43 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So, for the first time since I can remember, I intentionally didn't watch the game on Sunday. Sure there've been times I've missed games due to work or church obligations or even lack of internet, but I had the time and capability, I just chose to play video games instead.

And boy am I glad I did. First off, it was a nice, relaxing afternoon. I just chilled playing some Batman Arkham Knight (playing through it for like the 5th time - it's an awesome game). At one point I was curious about the score saw that it was halftime and the score was 12-7 and I was like WTF? But, I figured, the Bears aren't that good and the Bengals should still beat them.

Wow. I looked at the final score and I just couldn't believe it. I had to refresh my browser 'cause I thought it made a mistake. 33-7? Are you kidding me?

At this point, Mike NEEDS to fire Merv. Yes, his contract up. Yes, the interim HC will most likely be a lame-duck interim , but Brown absolutely NEEDS to do something. Not for the playoffs, that ship has sailed. But, he needs to at least TRY to make it seem like he cares about this team.

I haven't been this eager/anxious for the offseason to start since sometime in the 90s! I will say this, though, i doubt I'm watching any more Bengal games this season barring something like McCarron starting or something.

played games too got around 200 waves of horde in.... the span of 3 hours... much better time spent
Reply/Quote
For the 2nd week in a row, I didn't watch the game. Heck, I even forgot there was football yesterday. lol

I have to be careful not to get used to this. Though, if Mike convinces Merv to stay or hires the new HC from within ...
Reply/Quote
Video 
(12-18-2017, 01:01 PM)PhilHos Wrote: For the 2nd week in a row, I didn't watch the game. Heck, I even forgot there was football yesterday. lol

I have to be careful not to get used to this. Though, if Mike convinces Merv to stay or hires the new HC from within ...

Once again, we're on the same page. I didn't watch either for the 2nd week in a row.

Followed along (occasionally) on CBS.com, just to see how bad the blowout would get.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 04:43 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Fun fact: McCarron played in the last few drives and looked like complete shit.

4/8 for 47 yards and took a sack.

41 of those 47 yards were screens/outlets to Bernard who did the work for them.

He overthrew and underthrew the other 6 passes pretty severely.

You can't judge a player off of 9 snaps, but god damn he looked bad in those 9 plays...

All that and his passer rating was still twice as high as Andy's.

I will say that blaming the sack on the QB is a refreshing stance.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 05:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: All that and his passer rating was still twice as high as Andy's.

I will say that blaming the sack on the QB is a refreshing stance.

I'm not defending Dalton. But watching McCarron play, it is apparent that he may not be the super man some people are trying to make him out to be.

I hope that, if we have a new coach from outside of the organization next season, we don't neglect the possibility of drafting a new QB should a good prospect be available.
Reply/Quote
I opted not to watch the game. It's the first time since 2008 where I made no effort to watch or listen. I checked my phone during a break in shopping and saw the half time score. It was obvious that I missed nothing. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I didn't watch the game, either. Of course, being deployed to the Middle East isn't the best place to receive Bengals games, lol. Honestly, I'm kind of glad that I'm deployed during this football season. Being at home and seeing this trainwreck up close would definitely suck. I feel sorry for you guys at home this season.
Reply/Quote
3 straight weeks of not watching football. I've found my Sundays are a lot less aggrevating nowadays. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 04:03 PM)PhilHos Wrote: 3 straight weeks of not watching football. I've found my Sundays are a lot less aggrevating nowadays. ThumbsUp

But your spelling has gone to shit!! Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 04:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: But your spelling has gone to shit!! Ninja

Troo. Mellow
Reply/Quote