Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diesel Draft
This is my 7 round mock draft. I didn't do any trading and I feel most of these guys will be in and around our pick when we draft.

1. Andrew Billings DT, Baylor 6-2 310lbs
[Image: 5454783e673af.image.jpg?resize=300%2C243]

In 2015, Billings totaled 39 tackles, 14 for a loss and 5.5 sacks. He is a rare interior defensive lineman with a special combination of massive power at the point of attack and a burst to get after the quarterback. Many big tackles like Billings are stationary, but he has displayed the speed to close and make tackles outside of his gap. Prior to an ankle injury this season, Billings was dominating. After a few games of being held back by the ankle, he returned to his previous form and finished the year playing well.
I see this guy replacing Peko he's good against the run and still has the quickness to get to the passer

2. Will Fuller WR, Notre Dame 6-0 184lbs
[Image: USATSI_8811174.jpg]

Fuller was a play-maker for the Fighting Irish and could be the most lethal deep-threat receiver in this draft class. He has shown the speed to be a vertical weapon and get separation deep downfield. Fuller had 62 catches for 1,258 yards and 14 touchdowns on the year despite playing with an inexperienced quarterback. In 2014, he notched 76 receptions for 1,094 yards and 15 touchdowns
I'd retain Marvin Jones and use Fuller to replace Sanu

3.Scooby Wright ILB, Arizona 6-1 246lbs
[Image: 276140904629_UTSA_v_Arizona.jpg]

Wright is going to be a challenging evaluation given how injuries robbed him of the 2015 season. He is a good run defender who can make plays as a pass-rusher. Having a positive medical check at the NFL Scouting Combine while doing well in the field workouts and in other pre-draft workouts is going to be critical for his draft stock.

Against New Mexico in bowl season, Wright flashed a game that would've been typical from him in 2014. He had 15 tackles, 3.5 for a loss, two sacks and a forced fumble. Wright didn't look as explosive off the edge or fast flying around the field, but his instincts to make big plays were clear despite being less than 100 percent. Wright had one tackle in the 2015 season opener before suffering a knee injury. He underwent surgery for a lateral meniscus tear and missed two weeks before coming back against UCLA. Wright had seven tackles versus the Bruins, but missed a number of tackles. He looked like he rushed back too quickly, and then missed the remainder of the regular season because of a foot sprain he suffered in that game.
Big bodied MLB with a strong motor and plays faster than his 40. Reminds me a bit of Burfict. Would have gone in 1st or 2nd had he not gotten hurt. I'd groom him for a year behind Rey M.

4.Sheldon Day DT, Notre Dame 6-2 285lbs
[Image: day_tx905_62_1280.jpg]

Day had 45 tackles, 15.5 for a loss, four sacks, two forced fumbles and four passes batted in 2015. He was a difference-maker and very disruptive at the point of attack. He has good quickness of the snap with natural pad level. Day is a bit undersized, which knocks him down some.
Undersized but disruptive DT, doubling down on DT's but Sims is getting old , Still is gone, and this guy could compete with Thompson for a rotational DT position

5.Cyrus Jones CB, Alabama 5-10 196lbs
[Image: sugar-bowl-football.jpg]

Project CB/S with some character concerns could be a hit could be a bust but worth a shot.
6. Brandon Doughtry QB, Western Kentucky 6-3 220lbs
[Image: 635766374491887143-USATSI-7419393.jpg]

In 2015, the senior completed 72 percent of his passes for 5,055 yards with 48 touchdowns and nine interceptions. Doughty completed 68 percent of his passes in 2014 for 4,830 yards with 49 touchdowns and 10 interceptions.
His production numbers although in a weaker division are ridiculous. He has good size and like Andy he has a quick release, good pocket presence and fits our scheme.Would make a good backup or QB with potential trade value if he turns out to be more

7.Tyler Marz OT, Wisconsin 6-5 321lbs
[Image: hi-res-785256a517c9ed7829d3b0d188bc40df_...h=420&q=75]

An OT from the O-lineman Dynasty. He lacks the speed and footwork to be a tackle in the NFL but moving him inside to guard may allow him to flourish or be serviceable depth. 
[Image: sig_zpsweeg0dtn.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 06:54 PM)nkydiesel88 Wrote: This is my 7 round mock draft. I didn't do any trading and I feel most of these guys will be in and around our pick when we draft.

1. Andrew Billings DT, Baylor 6-2 310lbs
[Image: 5454783e673af.image.jpg?resize=300%2C243]

In 2015, Billings totaled 39 tackles, 14 for a loss and 5.5 sacks. He is a rare interior defensive lineman with a special combination of massive power at the point of attack and a burst to get after the quarterback. Many big tackles like Billings are stationary, but he has displayed the speed to close and make tackles outside of his gap. Prior to an ankle injury this season, Billings was dominating. After a few games of being held back by the ankle, he returned to his previous form and finished the year playing well.
I see this guy replacing Peko he's good against the run and still has the quickness to get to the passer

2. Will Fuller WR, Notre Dame 6-0 184lbs
[Image: USATSI_8811174.jpg]

Fuller was a play-maker for the Fighting Irish and could be the most lethal deep-threat receiver in this draft class. He has shown the speed to be a vertical weapon and get separation deep downfield. Fuller had 62 catches for 1,258 yards and 14 touchdowns on the year despite playing with an inexperienced quarterback. In 2014, he notched 76 receptions for 1,094 yards and 15 touchdowns
I'd retain Marvin Jones and use Fuller to replace Sanu

3.Scooby Wright ILB, Arizona 6-1 246lbs
[Image: 276140904629_UTSA_v_Arizona.jpg]

Wright is going to be a challenging evaluation given how injuries robbed him of the 2015 season. He is a good run defender who can make plays as a pass-rusher. Having a positive medical check at the NFL Scouting Combine while doing well in the field workouts and in other pre-draft workouts is going to be critical for his draft stock.

Against New Mexico in bowl season, Wright flashed a game that would've been typical from him in 2014. He had 15 tackles, 3.5 for a loss, two sacks and a forced fumble. Wright didn't look as explosive off the edge or fast flying around the field, but his instincts to make big plays were clear despite being less than 100 percent. Wright had one tackle in the 2015 season opener before suffering a knee injury. He underwent surgery for a lateral meniscus tear and missed two weeks before coming back against UCLA. Wright had seven tackles versus the Bruins, but missed a number of tackles. He looked like he rushed back too quickly, and then missed the remainder of the regular season because of a foot sprain he suffered in that game.
Big bodied MLB with a strong motor and plays faster than his 40. Reminds me a bit of Burfict. Would have gone in 1st or 2nd had he not gotten hurt. I'd groom him for a year behind Rey M.

4.Sheldon Day DT, Notre Dame 6-2 285lbs
[Image: day_tx905_62_1280.jpg]

Day had 45 tackles, 15.5 for a loss, four sacks, two forced fumbles and four passes batted in 2015. He was a difference-maker and very disruptive at the point of attack. He has good quickness of the snap with natural pad level. Day is a bit undersized, which knocks him down some.
Undersized but disruptive DT, doubling down on DT's but Sims is getting old , Still is gone, and this guy could compete with Thompson for a rotational DT position

5.Cyrus Jones CB, Alabama

6. Brandon Doughtry QB, Western Kentucky

7.Tyler Marz OT, Wisconsin
 I'd be thrilled if billings is there and picked when we come around. Jumping for joy if we snatched fuller after that and I'd shit my pants if we added scooby on top of those two. At that point it's just icing on the cake if the other players develop. 

In reality I think they'll all be gone before our picks, but we do have a tendency to get some steals and they could all fall a little ways so it's not impossible. Just depends how the picks fall.

One criticism is if we keep mccarron, which I'm sure we will, I wouldn't waste a pick on a qb who at best makes the practice squad
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd love it
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Love it. Though I keep seeing people picking Fuller with our 2nd round pick, but I really doubt he's there unless we trade up.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote