Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Difference between 2015 team and 2021 team?
(06-04-2022, 09:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: On some plays. On others he was supposed to contain the run lane instead of going deep trying to get around the tackle. Just like Hubbard does. Dunlap refused to play that way. I don't know why you continue to support that.

Because he dug in his heels about shitty coaches when all of that went down.....now we're coming off a Super Bowl run that saw the alleged shitty DC make journalistic jargons in the middle of the games at times. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 10:05 AM)Wyche Wrote: Because he dug in his heels about shitty coaches when all of that went down.....now we're coming off a Super Bowl run that saw the alleged shitty DC make journalistic jargons in the middle of the games at times. 

He plants his flag on some really strange hills at times.
Reply/Quote
I know teams can restructure and all. I have a feeling Bates is over valuing himself our latest offer probably better than anyone else can offer on the open market if we pull the tag. At the end of the day does he really want to be here or does he want to go somewhere else.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2022, 06:21 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I'm going to take another route to this nonsense - the lousy road led to Burrow and a SB appearance.

Signing any of these players wins us perhaps another game or two each season and we still don't win sh**

Yeah, things sorted themselves out for us somehow. Wouldn't be the same if we didn't screw up the Whit situation lol

(06-05-2022, 06:41 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: You could argue having a 4th rounder and Carman battle it out for LG while a decent cheap Quentin Spain sits in free agency is sort of like a lesser version of the Ogbuehi/Fisher/Whitworth situation.

Wouldn't go that far. I at least like Carman and Volson, unlike Ogbuehi who I didn't like from the beginning.

Spain might of burnt his bridges here with his twitter rant after the SuperBowl. He also might want too much to be a backup.

I hope we add another vet Guard to compete but we are way better off right now than we were when we let Whit go.

(06-05-2022, 10:32 PM)J24 Wrote: At the very least they could have gotten something for him if they tagged him. You don't let him hit the open market. 

True.
Reply/Quote
Most OT dont last this long Whit was a Unicorn. My only fault with the front office was not realizing it.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 05:15 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Most OT dont last this long Whit was a Unicorn. My only fault with the front office was not realizing it.

Here's the thing with that.
It wasn't like he started declining while a Bengal.
He was still performing at an elite level.
They gambled that he would start declining within a year or two so they didn't wanna offer him to a 3+ year deal.
It's impossible to know for sure, so they likely looked at what age most OL start declining.
Turns out Whitworth ended up being the exception.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 04:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Spain might of burnt his bridges here with his twitter rant after the SuperBowl. 

I think this as well
Reply/Quote
Wanna know the biggest difference between the 2015 and 2021 teams? The 2015 team had loose cannons who blew their cool when it really mattered. The 2021 team didn't have that... They played with poise. The 2015 team went toe toe with one of the best teams in the league that year. They did that without their QB who was having a career year. The had the Steelers beat, then completely melted down. The 2021 team kept it together even when they were getting rolled.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 06:38 PM)jason Wrote: Wanna know the biggest difference between the 2015 and 2021 teams? The 2015 team had loose cannons who blew their cool when it really mattered. The 2021 team didn't have that... They played with poise. The 2015 team went toe toe with one of the best teams in the league that year. They did that without their QB who was having a career year. The had the Steelers beat, then completely melted down. The 2021 team kept it together even when they were getting rolled.

So true, you have to spread some credit around from Zac and the coaching staff to Burrow and his leadership. 

This is a different animal and we should all be so appreciative to witness such a thing as Bengal fans.

To see this happen with the youngest team to ever make the SuperBowl should put everyone on notice.

We aren't going away anytime soon.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 07:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So true, you have to spread some credit around from Zac and the coaching staff to Burrow and his leadership. 

This is a different animal and we should all be so appreciative to witness such a thing as Bengal fans.

To see this happen with the youngest team to ever make the SuperBowl should put everyone on notice.

We aren't going away anytime soon.

Yep, and a young HC and some young assistants mixed with some veterans on the staff. I feel like we have a good mix there right now as well.

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 06:00 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I think this as well

Bengals don't care about any of that.  We re-signed Apple and he was worse than Spain on social media.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 10:05 AM)Wyche Wrote: Because he dug in his heels about shitty coaches when all of that went down.

The coaches were shitty then.  The defense was shitty then.  There was no reason to support any of that.  Dunlap was productive and the players they elevated over him were worse.  The Bengal defense with their amazing coaches got worse when Dunlap left while he went to Seattle and was very productive for a playoff team.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2022, 09:46 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals don't care about any of that.  We re-signed Apple and he was worse than Spain on social media.

Apple was never on social media pointing fingers at his bengal teammates
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2022, 09:52 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The coaches were shitty then.  The defense was shitty then.  There was no reason to support any of that.  Dunlap was productive and the players they elevated over him were worse.  The Bengal defense with their amazing coaches got worse when Dunlap left while he went to Seattle and was very productive for a playoff team.

Turns out, the coaches weren't that shitty, it was just the old players. Who'd a thunk it? Dunlap and his Seattle teammates got to sit at home and watch us make a Super Bowl run. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2022, 10:17 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Apple was never on social media pointing fingers at his bengal teammates

Neither was Spain.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2022, 11:33 AM)Wyche Wrote: Turns out, the coaches weren't that shitty, it was just the old players. 

If player talent was what make the defense good then coaching had nothing to do with it.

You seriously want to argue that Zac Taylor is a better coach than Pete Carroll?
Reply/Quote
I’m not gonna lie, i knew the 2015 were fake contenders. I hate to continuously shit on Andy Dalton because he gave us fun memories but every single year he was our QB after about his 3rd year in the league i believed we were gonna lose.

I actually picked us that year McCarron played against Pitt not because i was one of those ppl on that bandwagon saying AJ mcCarron should start, but because I KNEW we were the better team and i believed 100% that Dalton would choke in that environment. To Andy’s credit if we won i would’ve predicted it would’ve calmed him down enough to beat whoever we played next
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2022, 11:34 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Neither was Spain.

kind of did. Somebody posted pictured of Burrow getting sacked I believe in the titans game, and Spain responded with "Dont look at me"

and he didnt mean it in a "dont look at me Im hideous" way
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2022, 11:36 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If player talent was what make the defense good then coaching had nothing to do with it.

You seriously want to argue that Zac Taylor is a better coach than Pete Carroll?

Ah yes..... cause THAT'S the point I was making.... LMAO

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 06:38 PM)jason Wrote: Wanna know the biggest difference between the 2015 and 2021 teams? The 2015 team had loose cannons who blew their cool when it really mattered. The 2021 team didn't have that... They played with poise. The 2015 team went toe toe with one of the best teams in the league that year. They did that without their QB who was having a career year. The had the Steelers beat, then completely melted down. The 2021 team kept it together even when they were getting rolled.

Yep

We saw it time and again during the ML era.
Reply/Quote