Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Different Feel?
This week feels different than past Steeler's weeks. There has been almost no trash talking from the players. Bengals players don't seem nearly as hyped as they have previously. Any drama from this week has come solely from the Steelers. Even the fans trash talking has been far more subdued than in the past.

To me, it feels like the mindset has finally changed from "we want to beat the Steelers" to "we can beat the Steelers". We'll have to see tomorrow but I think we will see a far more under control team, which can only be for the better, than we have in previous years. It business as usual not OMG its the Steelers.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2018, 10:34 AM)pally Wrote: This week feels different than past Steeler's weeks.  There has been almost no trash talking from the players.  Bengals players don't seem nearly as hyped as they have previously.  Any drama from this week has come solely from the Steelers.  Even the fans trash talking has been far more subdued than in the past.  

To me, it feels like the mindset has finally changed from "we want to beat the Steelers" to "we can beat the Steelers".  We'll have to see tomorrow but I think we will see a far more under control team, which can only be for the better,  than we have in previous years.  It business as usual not OMG its the Steelers.

Agreed. Could be a big part of it is a new confidence from the offense. Andy's getting a lot of good pub and he seems like a different (better) QB. Then there's Mixon's enthusiasm. It's contagious. All that said I'm sure there will be plenty of scuffling in PBS between Bengals fans and those punks from Shitsburg waving those sickening rags.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2018, 10:34 AM)pally Wrote: This week feels different than past Steeler's weeks.  There has been almost no trash talking from the players.  Bengals players don't seem nearly as hyped as they have previously.  Any drama from this week has come solely from the Steelers.  Even the fans trash talking has been far more subdued than in the past.  

To me, it feels like the mindset has finally changed from "we want to beat the Steelers" to "we can beat the Steelers".  We'll have to see tomorrow but I think we will see a far more under control team, which can only be for the better,  than we have in previous years.  It business as usual not OMG its the Steelers.

Again, I certainly hope so.  They need to start beating this team IF they want the Lombardi!  Plain and simple.  They know the Steelers will come out trying to get into their heads, IF they can overcome that, and the officiating is fair, they're capable of 'overcoming' this monkey!
Reply/Quote
This will be a statement game. Did this team turn over a new leaf or does the Pitt of Misery still live rent free in their heads?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I’ve noticed all this too. Different feel even in my guy about tomorrow. In the past I’ve felt like “please let us do this.” Now I feel less pleading with the inevitable, to feeling confident we’re gonna do this.

Reply/Quote
It's definitely got a different feel to it.....awfully quiet on the homefront.  Let's hope we maintain composure and don't get baited, and at the 1st instance of Douchestoolery, the refs come down swift and hard.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2018, 12:29 PM)Wyche Wrote: It's definitely got a different feel to it.....awfully quiet on the homefront.  Let's hope we maintain composure and don't get baited, and at the 1st instance of Douchestoolery, the refs come down swift and hard.

Before Burfict does.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I feel if the Bengals win that would be a huge Monkey off their backs! Go Bengals! I'm more confident in them than my own Squad.
Reply/Quote
Eh... I still have very little faith that Marvin will beat his hometown team. Would love to be wrong for a change, but given Marv's record against Pittsburgh... It's hard to feel confident going up against them.
Reply/Quote
Colin Cowherd is a jerk. He picks Pittsburgh to win 31-30. I hope he's wrong.
Reply/Quote
For me, one of the absolute most important 'keys to the game' for the Bengals is composure. If they can keep their composure and just execute their game plan, I'm very confident they walk off the field with the W. If they can't stay composed and allow nonsense to start happening, then it plays right into the Steelers hands and we'll be left with yet another very disappointing home game against Pittsburgh. 
Reply/Quote
I really like this year's squad, would be feeling much better about the season's prospects if they were all healthy. That being said, I think we would have that same old feeling heading into this game if the Steelers were rolling this season and Bell was in the mix. I have a feeling this will be his last year there and they are a very beatable team without him.
Reply/Quote
Stealers callers are extremely and obviously gone from Sirius NFL channel call in shows......
Reply/Quote
This is the game where we elevate our play past them, rather than stooping to their level. Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
Is this the time we finally kick Lucy square in her jaw instead of letting her pull the football away at the last second...again?
Reply/Quote
It has a different feel right now but can almost guarantee it will get chippy on the field thanks to Juju.

Think it is a statement game by the Bengals and they steam roll pittsburgh and head into Arrowhead on a 3 game winning streak looking for another pelt.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
This game will definitely have a different feel, if the pass rush gets to Ben, and puts him out early...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2018, 01:58 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: For me, one of the absolute most important 'keys to the game' for the Bengals is composure. If they can keep their composure and just execute their game plan, I'm very confident they walk off the field with the W. If they can't stay composed and allow nonsense to start happening, then it plays right into the Steelers hands and we'll be left with yet another very disappointing home game against Pittsburgh. 

From a couple quotes i've seen, it's almost like Marv has made it a point to the team that this game needs to be treated as just another game. Not the usual steelers week/hate/gonna get em that it has been the last few years. It was even brought up during a couple of the sports talk shows this week. I'm on board with that mindset as the previous one hasn't worked too well. 

Just look at it as another tough game against a good opponent and throw the rest out. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
They line had better protect better than last week. The run needs to be established early. Andy was running for his life up until the end. The Bengals need Mixon to keep that pass rush honest. The secondary needs to get it together, too. Playing with big cushions will kill our defensive backs against Brown and Juju. They thrive off of that sort of thing.

I have a bad feeling about this game, to be honest.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 01:00 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: From a couple quotes i've seen, it's almost like Marv has made it a point to the team that this game needs to be treated as just another game. Not the usual steelers week/hate/gonna get em that it has been the last few years. It was even brought up during a couple of the sports talk shows this week. I'm on board with that mindset as the previous one hasn't worked too well. 

Just look at it as another tough game against a good opponent and throw the rest out. 

He always treats it as "just another game".  The Steelers do not.  That's why they usually beat our asses.
Reply/Quote