Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Bynes Mock
It's hard to know with the number of FA signings we're seeing, but I don't imagine we'll sign another FA LB. That leaves us with

Bynes
Pratt
Jordan Evans and
Sheldon (who?)

We normally keep 5 LBs on the 53, so we need at least 2 more. So, I put together these mocks on TDN:

1 Joe Burrow, QB LSU

2 One of the WRs Denzel Mims WR Baylor / Laviska Shenault Jr., WR Colorado The Bynes signing could mean they really don't want to have to reach at LB with #33. Not with the talent at WR in this year's draft.

3 Draft 1 1 Kyle Dugger, S Lenoir-Rhyne Drafting Dugger would be like picking the ultimate LB/Safety hybrid who could shadow Lamar Jackson and help with our perimeter defense that sucked so hard last year (Remember the San Fran game). Coud help push Shawn Williams into more of an OLB role

Draft 2 2 Malik Harrison, ILB, Ohio State. We could really use a traditional type MIKE. Harrison would be the best option for that role at this point in the draft.

4 DRAFT 1: Logan Stenberg, IOL Kentucky - I'm not comfortable with the talent we have at guard, even thought XSF was a decent pickup in FA.

DRAFT 2: Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB App State - Taking Davis-Gaither, pairing him with Harrison, would maybe be the earliest I'd address LB. Draft 1 has us addressing LB a bit later. We lose a little in terms of addressing Oline.

5 DRAFT 1 Shaquille Quarterman, LB Miami Remember DRAFT 1 has us taking Dugger at S/OLB instead of Harrison at ILB. So, we still need an ILB. Qman is the best option at this point.

DRAFT 2 Michael Onwenu, IOL Michigan Best available guard. Pretty big drop off from Stenberg, but still holds some promise.

6 DRAFT 1 Justin Strnad, LB Wake Forest If Qman is our later answer at ILB, Strnad is our later answer at OLB. It would allow us to better address a need at Guard.

DRAFT 2 Antoine Brooks Jr. S/LB Maryland Where I took Dugger for this position in DRAFT 1, Brooks is maybe the best option for that position in Round 6

7 Trey Adams, OT Washington Besides injuries and lacking in "junk" Adams could be candidate for us at RT.

Both of these drafts have us taking 4 players for offense and 3 for defense, addressing LB and S/LB Hybrid. Not sure of which players we should draft, but these are the highest positions of need IMHO.
DRAFT 1
QB
WR
S/LB Hybrid
Guard
ILB
OLB
OT

DRAFT 2
QB
WR
ILB
OLB
Guard
S/LB Hybrid
OT
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nice! Wouldn't complain one bit if it shook out like this
Reply/Quote