Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Different route feb mock.
Video 
Wanted to go different route, no trades.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
Sweat definitely raised his profile at the Senior Bowl this week. Granted, 1 on 1 drills are kind of designed to make imposing physical players like him stand out. There are still questions on whether that physical strength fully translates to a game scenario where he will likely be fighting through double teams.

There's also the fact that Nose Tackles are almost always undervalued relative to pure pass rushers. I remember in the 2016 NFL draft, many many people were projecting Andrew Billings, a big run stopping nose tackle, at the 24th pick of the first round to the Bengals. He fell all the way to the 4th round, where we selected him. It was considered the steal of the draft for the entire off season.

And then his career started and...he was fine...but never really put it all together.

Sweat has even less college production than Billings did and, with the same profile as a run stopping DT with limited pass rush potential, I wonder if Sweat would suffer a similarly unexpected fall into the late 2nd or 3rd round.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2024, 02:10 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Sweat definitely raised his profile at the Senior Bowl this week. Granted, 1 on 1 drills are kind of designed to make imposing physical players like him stand out. There are still questions on whether that physical strength fully translates to a game scenario where he will likely be fighting through double teams.

There's also the fact that Nose Tackles are almost always undervalued relative to pure pass rushers. I remember in the 2016 NFL draft, many many people were projecting Andrew Billings, a big run stopping nose tackle, at the 24th pick of the first round to the Bengals. He fell all the way to the 4th round, where we selected him. It was considered the steal of the draft for the entire off season.

And then his career started and...he was fine...but never really put it all together.

Sweat has even less college production than Billings did and, with the same profile as a run stopping DT with limited pass rush potential, I wonder if Sweat would suffer a similarly unexpected fall into the late 2nd or 3rd round.

Sweat's stock is actually down a bit after the Senior Bowl.  He's fallen out of the Top 50 entirely on the consensus big board.  Yes, his clip against Limmer has some folks drooling, but folks are ignoring the fact that he lost 2 out of 3 reps vs Limmer and he only won 2 out of 5 reps that day.  His Day 1 was bad, he refused to weigh in, and appeared to be walking around at over 380.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2024, 11:54 AM)Whatever Wrote: Sweat's stock is actually down a bit after the Senior Bowl.  He's fallen out of the Top 50 entirely on the consensus big board.  Yes, his clip against Limmer has some folks drooling, but folks are ignoring the fact that he lost 2 out of 3 reps vs Limmer and he only won 2 out of 5 reps that day.  His Day 1 was bad, he refused to weigh in, and appeared to be walking around at over 380.  

Dawand jones all over again… he was listed at 364 we know he’s a monster. He’s a NT he’s not gonna push the pocket so of course he “lost” that’s not his game.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2024, 08:56 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Dawand jones all over again… he was listed at 364 we know he’s a monster. He’s a NT he’s not gonna push the pocket so of course he “lost” that’s not his game.

As a NT, it's his job to collapse the pocket, ESPECIALLY when he's in one on one's as in these drills.  

Beyond that, I was simply clarifying Sweat's stock was not on the rise for the reasons stated.  You can take what you want from that.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2024, 03:10 PM)Whatever Wrote: As a NT, it's his job to collapse the pocket, ESPECIALLY when he's in one on one's as in these drills.  

Beyond that, I was simply clarifying Sweat's stock was not on the rise for the reasons stated.  You can take what you want from that.  

As a NT, it’s his job to take on double teams and free up pass rushing lanes for others. Does dj reader EVER collapse the pocket? No. Now I think sweat is a better pass rusher than reader yes, but he still needs to acclimate that part of his game more. Right now he’s a run defender with upside and wasn’t taught to pass rush first at Texas.
Reply/Quote
I like Sweat and think he definitely would be a great selection for the Bengals...in the second round.
Reply/Quote