Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dillon runs for 278

Reply/Quote
I was at that game. Up to that point, we had had nothing but misery for a decade. When Dillon lit up the Broncos, you could just see a fire come back into fans eyes again!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
I was also there. Dillon was just incredible that day.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
Already taken down.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2016, 04:10 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Already taken down.

Damn NFL...  Sad

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 10:56 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: Damn NFL...  Sad

click on youtube.. it is still there, i just watched it
Reply/Quote
Finally watched the clip.

It was a fun memory until the narrator said this line, "When the Bengals cry, it's usually out of frustration."

Jeeze, that was kick in the balls.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Great to see the old unis, gray prison walls and shitty grass field once again.

I too was there. We had quite a few obnoxious Denver fans in the upper deck with us. They sure were a whole lot quieter on the way out.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Damn he was great.

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2016, 11:09 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Damn he was great.

Yeah, with the likes of Akili and Scott Mitchell at QB, he was one of the few things to enjoy.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 05:38 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

One of the games I'll never forget

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
on 23 carries....incredible.

That was a fun day for me at BW3's because I religiously took a rash of crap for being a Bengals fan every Sunday.
Reply/Quote
I never saw this game because it was blacked out on local TV. Gaah

Some thoughts though...

- Dillon's record breaking performance (278 yards on 22 carries against a top defense) was more impressive than Jamal Lewis against the lowly Browns (295 yards on 30 carries) or Adrian Peterson against the Chargers (296 yards on 30 carries).

- What makes the performance even more impressive was how our QB's played that day. Akili and Scott Mitchell combined to go 2 of 14 for 34 yards. Counting sacks, the QB's had a net of 14 yards. Jamal Lewis' QBs were bad, but look good in comparison, going 7 of 18 for 78 yards and an INT. Peterson's QB's were solid, going 13 of 22 for 158 yards and a TD. All three RB's had multiple QB's throw passes.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
What a day that was... I was 11 years old at the time and lost my mind after that game. I remember BEGGING my parents for a Corey Dillon jersey for my birthday that year but I never got it (they didn't understand how the Internet worked yet)  Whatever

Once again, I gotta say I really miss those uniforms. Can't we bring them back for just a game or two? Like instead of this color rush crap, can't we just have a Throwback Thursday Night football schtick where the teams wear throwback uniforms from a different era? Would bring me great joy
Reply/Quote
"were not worthy!!!"
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2017, 08:46 PM)Gohards Wrote: "were not worthy!!!"

Corey Dillon of the Cincinnati Bengals has the game of his life, setting an NFL single-game rushing record. Dillon rushes for 278 yards on 22 carries to lead the winless Bengals to a 31-21 win over the Denver Broncos at Paul Brown Stadium. Dillon tops the record of 275 yards that was set by Walter Payton of the Chicago Bears in 1977. Corey Dillon's record would stand for three seasons before it was topped by Jamal Lewis of the Baltimore Ravens in 2003. Dillon would finish the 2000 season with 1,425 yards on the ground. 

they knew what was coming and still couldn't stop him. WHO DEY !
Reply/Quote