Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dime Package - Defense
So after cuts and as our roster sits today who do we line up in our dime package? Seems we are still thin at CB.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 11:00 AM)corpjet Wrote: So after cuts and as our roster sits today who do we line up in our dime package?  Seems we are still thin at CB.

Maybe they don't plan on running any conventional "dime" packages.  Perhaps they'll be going with some sort of hybrid, by adding extra Safeties to the alignment?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
WJIII, Kirk, Dennard and likely Harris. Maybe they bring someone like Brandon Wilson down and have him play some corner, but I doubt it. I think more of the three safety sets will bring in Fej.
Reply/Quote
I think McRae is our 4th CB.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 03:36 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I think McRae is our 4th CB.

This is correct.
Reply/Quote
All I know is that if all the pieces stay healthy, after Burfict's return, we will have a dominant nickel package, which is really our base as much as we play nickel.

Here's to hoping the LB tandem of Evans and Vigil can step up until his return.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 08:11 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: All I know is that if all the pieces stay healthy, after Burfict's return, we will have a dominant nickel package, which is really our base as much as we play nickel.

The way Jordan has been playing, I wonder just how quickly Merv will drop him back to allow Tez on the field.
Reply/Quote
I bet we will see lots and lots of nickel packages. Seems like Austin was a huge fan of that in Detroit. Then again, I'm not entirely comfortable with any LBs in coverage.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 08:11 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: All I know is that if all the pieces stay healthy, after Burfict's return, we will have a dominant nickel package, which is really our base as much as we play nickel.

I'm really excited. Though, I'm worried it will be quite a while before we see Burfict. Then again, he could learn the new defense really quick. Four weeks without practicing or being with the team can't be helpful. 

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 04:48 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I bet we will see lots and lots of nickel packages. Seems like Austin was a huge fan of that in Detroit. Then again, I'm not entirely comfortable with any LBs in coverage.

Austin plays nickel w/ 3 safeties.........expect to see Willie, Dre and DD teamed up w/ Bates, Fed and Williams or Wilson
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 05:35 PM)CincyKid Wrote: Austin plays nickel w/ 3 safeties.........expect to see Willie, Dre and DD teamed up w/ Bates, Fed and Williams or Wilson

Exactly. I expect some sort of variety of this. I think it might be necessary, especially with this new Luck/Ebron connection. 

Reply/Quote