Hubbard double digit sacks
Waynes shut down corner with side of ProBowl
MB paying a safety corner money
Other
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dinner is served!
Team Chase is hellbent on serving Bengals crow now that Jamarr is over his preseason drops. So as we appreciate the rare dish what Bengal Crow dish are you looking forward to tasting this season?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 12:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: Team Chase is hellbent on serving Bengals crow now that Jamarr is over his preseason drops. So as we appreciate the rare dish what Bengal Crow dish are you looking forward to tasting this season?

Gotta go ZT winning record.  It's been too long.  Plus, Joey B might pull off some playoff magic.
Reply/Quote
I am not sure I entirely understand the post, but I went with Hubbard double-digit sacks as that is the most likely thing I saw on the choices.
Reply/Quote
I continue to believe ZT is a good coach, and have taken my lumps for defending said opinion. I think we're seeing his hard work to shape the team into his team. So I chose ZT winning season + extension. WHO DEY!

I'll be at the game (section 111, row 9) hoping to see 4-1!
Reply/Quote
As a card carrying member of team Bengals (who wanted Chase), I see no purpose in serving crow. The guy's really good, and was the right pick. I'm a rather be happy than right person though too. I'll gladly eat crow if Zac has a winning record... In fact, I'm pulling for him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 01:07 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am not sure I entirely understand the post, but I went with Hubbard double-digit sacks as that is the most likely thing I saw on the choices.

Just things we believe but we wouldn't mind being wrong about....

ZT isn't a good coach
Hubbard is a run stuffing DE who is overpaid
etc...

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 02:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: Just things we believe but we wouldn't mind being wrong about....

ZT isn't a good coach
Hubbard is a run stuffing DE who is overpaid
etc...

Ahhh, I see.

Well, I have always been a Hubbard supporter....

If I am looking at something I have been wrong about, I would say that I was very pessimistic that Lou could do the job, but now that he has his guys, he has had them in every game.  Bears only scored like 10 points on offense and that was also including a gift FG because of a turnover.

Now that he might (fingers crossed) have his full squad for Green Bay and rested, I can't wait to see how they perform.  
Reply/Quote
Can ZT really stay here and do well enough to become a .500 or better HC? Or is our fast start here a fluke? Stuff gets harder coming Sunday...and I don't just mean my weekly awkward church-boner.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 12:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: Team Chase is hellbent on serving Bengals crow now that Jamarr is over his preseason drops. So as we appreciate the rare dish what Bengal Crow dish are you looking forward to tasting this season?

omg...this shit again. A whole thread of it.  Mellow

I ain't eatin nothin.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 02:31 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Ahhh, I see.

Well, I have always been a Hubbard supporter....

If I am looking at something I have been wrong about, I would say that I was very pessimistic that Lou could do the job, but now that he has his guys, he has had them in every game.  Bears only scored like 10 points on offense and that was also including a gift FG because of a turnover.

Now that he might (fingers crossed) have his full squad for Green Bay and rested, I can't wait to see how they perform.  

Lou is a great example as he is serving many of us crow (so far).

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 02:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: omg...this shit again. A whole thread of it.  Mellow

I ain't eatin nothin.

You might not have to depending on what you've said in the past.... 

Either way it's always flavorful when Bengals related. 

Reply/Quote
Just like every year, the Bengals winning their first Playoff game under Mike Brown’s owner/GM-ship
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 02:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Can ZT really stay here and do well enough to become a .500 or better HC?  Or is our fast start here a fluke?  Stuff gets harder coming Sunday...and I don't just mean my weekly awkward church-boner.

Hypothetically if he finishes this season 11-6, that would put him at 17-31-1. He would then need to go 11-6 in both the 2022 and 2023 seasons (then 39-44-1) and then start the 2024 season 5-0 just to reach .500 as a coach at a record of 44-44-1.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 03:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hypothetically if he finishes this season 11-6, that would put him at 17-31-1. He would then need to go 11-6 in both the 2022 and 2023 seasons (then 39-44-1) and then start the 2024 season 5-0 just to reach .500 as a coach at a record of 44-44-1.

That crow is going to have to simmer for awhile before being served (if ever served)

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 02:54 PM)jj22 Wrote: Lou is a great example as he is serving many of us crow (so far).

Lou is one of the guys I never liked and wanted gone at many points including last offseason. Never saw this coming even with all the draft picks and money we gave him so I’ll enjoy that crow.

As far as the ones on this list I’ve always been a big Taylor and Hubbard supporter. I ultimately think Bates and the FO get a deal done.

I voted for Waynes only because I was meh about the signing originally and he’s been injured all of this time. I saw him as an average to good starter at best before the injuries. If he puts up a pro bowl caliber season I’d be pleasantly surprised. Hell I’ll be happy if he can just stay healthy and not be an Eli Apple out there
Reply/Quote
I'm not an "I told you so guy" but I've advocated these, and they are throughout my post history along w/ some of the sh*t I got for saying them:
1. Team Chase
2. That Zac should be evaluated for this season, not necessarily the past due to personnel
3. That Lou should be evaluated for this season, not necessarily the past due to personnel

To early to serve a whole dish of crow I guess, but I guess thus far, I'm being an "I told you so guy" lol.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 03:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hypothetically if he finishes this season 11-6, that would put him at 17-31-1. He would then need to go 11-6 in both the 2022 and 2023 seasons (then 39-44-1) and then start the 2024 season 5-0 just to reach .500 as a coach at a record of 44-44-1.

Yeah. I crunched those numbers several months ago and was shocked at how good the team needs to be for that amount of time, just for him to get to .500. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
It'll be great if our fears about Mixon (not living up to contract) are proven wrong. But so far it doesn't look like we'll be served that dish unfortunately.

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 04:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yeah. I crunched those numbers several months ago and was shocked at how good the team needs to be for that amount of time, just for him to get to .500. 

I think it was at the end of last season that I realized that Zac Taylor needed to go 32-0 over the 2021 and 2022 seasons to match the number of wins Sean McDermott had through his first 4 seasons. 17 game season now, so merely 32-2. 29-1 to go. Lol

Really started deep deep in a hole there. Hard to dig out of it.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I've been pretty hard on Taylor and his crew ever since late 2019, but I will eat crow if he gets the team to a winning record this year, as I still have my doubts due to the strength of schedule.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote