Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dirk Koetter our new OC?????
If your the Bengals I think you have to look outside for your next OC, Im sorry but I don't have faith in giving anyone in house the keys to the offense.

With that being said if he's not hired at the Bucs new HC I think this is a name to look at, Dirk Koetter
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirk_Koetter

Matt Ryan had his best years with him and he did a solid job with Jameis Winston this season.

Thoughts or any other names you'd like to throw out there?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
He has been my dark horse candidate for weeks now.

If he doesn't get the Tampa job he will be here. Marvin and he are close.
Reply/Quote
That would be cool, but I don't see where this notion is coming from other than wishful thinking?

Why would Dirk Koetter come here for probably less money?
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 05:04 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: That would be cool, but I don't see where this notion is coming from other than wishful thinking?

Why would Dirk Koetter come here for probably less money?

My response to that would be what other OC job out there has the turn key offense we do with the loaded arsenal...

A stable QB position with a more than capable back up, Dalton/McCarron
2 Above Avergae NFL RBs, Hill-Bernard
A true #1 WR in AJ
Tyler Eifert/Kroft at TE
A solid o-line

Not much more a OC could ask for
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Dirk K is the worst.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 05:08 PM)corpjet Wrote: My response to that would be what other OC job out there has the turn key offense we do with the loaded arsenal...

A true #1 WR in AJ
Tyler Eifert/Kroft at TE
A solid o-line

Marvin has done well with the transition of OC of the last few years with keeping a core offensive together.. there will be many quality candidates interested.. just has to be a good fit for Marvin.. he is the head coach.
Reply/Quote
another name I would throw out there if he doesnt get a HC job is Doug Marrone.....

a former HC (Bills and Syracuse) a former OC (with the Saints) and last year a OL coach for the Jags

he has a great name in the coaching ranks and could even take over for ML after next year

Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 05:08 PM)corpjet Wrote: My response to that would be what other OC job out there has the turn key offense we do with the loaded arsenal...

A true #1 WR in AJ
Tyler Eifert/Kroft at TE
A solid o-line

This is an OC's dream.   Just depends if he breaks through as a head coach this year.   He is being talked about but not sure if he breaks through.

One thing that marvin has also favored is hiring an accomplished play caller. Which Zampese and urban do not possess.
Reply/Quote
Guess who's back, back again...

[Image: bilde?Site=AB&Date=20110131&Category=SPT...Bratkowski]
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote

A true #1 WR in AJ
Tyler Eifert/Kroft at TE
A solid o-line

I would argue that Tampa is set up for success as well.

A stud rb in Doug Martin that Dirk K knows well from Boise State.
A young QB who showed promise as a rookie
Two basketball sized receivers that can make plays on the boundary and a TE of similar size (I believe all above 6'5)
Not sure about their O-line, but it isn't like Tampa is completely talent deficient on O.

I'm just not convinced he would pick here over Tampa where he has been and knows the players.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 05:19 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Guess who's back, back again...

[Image: bilde?Site=AB&Date=20110131&Category=SPT...Bratkowski]

Don't even joke about that.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 05:15 PM)corpjet Wrote: another name I would throw out there if he doesnt get a HC job is Doug Marrone.....

a former HC (Bills and Syracuse) a former OC (with the Saints) and last year a OL coach for the Jags

he has a great name in the coaching ranks and could even take over for ML after next year

Big Grin

I think Marrone would make a good choice. He's been successful everywhere he's been. Plus the Saints offense has always been fantastic.

Of course I wonder how much of that was Payton and how much was really Marrone.

As for Koetter, he's really had an up and down career.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote