Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dirtiest players in the NFL
Hmm they may want to explain their criteria for "dirty". Pacman and Kirkpatrick dont strike me as being dirty.

Stupid sometimes? Yes. But dirty? No.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Um... this list is no.

How is Pacman dirty?
How is Kirkpatrick dirty?
And, sorry to say, but how is Harrison on the list with not having an illegal hit for 5 years?
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 10:54 AM)BeepBeepWoo Wrote: Um... this list is no.

How is Pacman dirty?
How is Kirkpatrick dirty?
And, sorry to say, but how is Harrison on the list with not having an illegal hit for 5 years?

Obvious answer to your questions. The writer is a derp.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Dirty v not dirty is just too subjective. Their job is to hit people and bring them to the ground. If ever there was a comparison that is almost always biased the dirty v not dirty comparison would be it. For Bengals fans just the word Squeeler conjurs up the comparison as it does about us in Pissburg.. In fact I'd say I'm being biased towards our team, but that's the nature of the beast..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Funny how no body defends Burfict. Even if he's dirty I still think his hit on Brown was incidental and should not have been flagged. Comparing it to Shazier's hit it was just a love tap. Thanks for deciding the game ref's. I'm sure we will uncover some ties to Vegas soon with one of those Dbags.
Reply/Quote
Really the only list that should hold any merit is that compiled by NFL players.

They know who is and who isn't. The stuff even the refs don't see on the actual field of play.

They also know that playing through the years the norm for it to happen game to game. From High School/College/Pros.

Now I'm sure Burfict would probably make that list, but I bet there would be a lot more guys NOT mentioned by sports writers.

Anything other than that type list is pure drivel IMO.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 02:50 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: It's the evolution of the game and rules.  Before they changed the rules, they didn't consider Tatum, Lambert, Butkis, and Ray Lewis dirty!  

Jack Tatum's nickname was "The Assassin"!!

For sure, the great players on this list like Suh, Burfict and Adam would be NFL greats in the old days.

Today they are dirty.

The pussyfing of America.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 02:13 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: Funny how no body defends Burfict. Even if he's dirty I still think his hit on Brown was incidental and should not have been flagged. Comparing it to Shazier's hit it was just a love tap. Thanks for deciding the game ref's. I'm sure we will uncover some ties to Vegas soon with one of those Dbags.

No defense for twisting ankles.  He's dirty.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 11:50 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Shazier should be added as well imho.

Adam Jones is just a thug off the field though. Do not see it on it. Hot head ? Yes, but not dirty in between the lines.

I guess you did not watch the Raider game.

Slammin' a dudes head on to his helmet is straight up dirty...
Reply/Quote
Seems odd Mike Mitchell can headhunt Green last year, and no one punishes him because it was only his shoulder that concussed Green out of the playoffs. This year, Tez does it and receives a 3 game suspension because everyone knows a shoulder to the head is a barbaric act...
Reply/Quote
While watching this AFC championship game I've seen a couple of plays where defenders targeted offensive players with their helmets with no calls. I suppose it's true that if a player (Burfict) has a rep he will get flagged quicker.
Reply/Quote
Well Pacman did have that thing with Amari Cooper. Otherwise I don't think I'd classify him as dirty. He just talks a lot of shit.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 11:36 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Where's Mike Mitchell?

Seriously, a guy who is responsible for three concussions since last November (Green in 2014, Latavius Murray and Eifert in 2015) is not on this list? Yet Kirkpatrick is simply because he had 13 penalties, none have which have really been labeled "dirty" at all?

Mike Mitchell's transgressions:
Also worth note is that after the Jacoby Jones penalty, Mitchell threatened to hit every single guy in the knee going forward.
He also was quoted this year after knocking out Latavius Murray saying, "If you come across the middle, I’m gonna try to hit you, and I’ll deal with the consequences later."

It's actually complete BS that this guy is even still allowed in the league. He's probably the dirtiest player in the league right now.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
"James Harrison is one of the most intimidating defenders in the NFL."

Yeah, unless he is stealing money from us. I think Harrison did a Walt Jocketty and sabotaged Cincinnati from the inside.
Reply/Quote