Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Distraction in Denver. To the Bengals' benefit?
Welp, according to Yahoo and PFT, there's quite a bombshell report about Peyton Manning and HGH being shipped to his wife making the rounds. If this hold truth, then it's a blemish on one of America's golden boys and a major media circus headed to Denver this weekend.

Could this be a positive thing for an opposing team like the Bengals coming into town for a game with massive postseason implications? Will Denver be distracted by this?

Gonna be an interesting weekend.
Reply/Quote
Maybe Brock and the Brockos will use this as a rallying point to get behind their new QB and play with newfound vigor. This stuff can be swung both ways, really.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 02:39 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe Brock and the Brockos will use this as a rallying point to get behind their new QB and play with newfound vigor.  This stuff can be swung both ways, really.

I agree and there's no way of telling how it's going to go.  If this story broke on Monday or Tuesday, I could see it being a major rallying point. However, this story breaking on Saturday night may keep the silliness and insanity nice and fresh for them.  Not much time to adjust to having a newly crowned goat in the locker room.
Reply/Quote
The Broncos are not yet in the playoffs. The Bengals are playing for a bye. This is going to be a tough game...
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 02:38 AM)samhain Wrote: Welp, according to Yahoo and PFT, there's quite a bombshell report about Peyton Manning and HGH being shipped to his wife making the rounds.  If this hold truth, then it's a blemish on one of America's golden boys and a major media circus headed to Denver this weekend.  

Could this be a positive thing for an opposing team like the Bengals coming into town for a game with massive postseason implications?  Will Denver be distracted by this?  

Gonna be an interesting weekend.

Since Manning isn't playing, I would say it won't make much of a difference.  However, an article I just said indicated that the same person who sent HGH to Manning (allegedly) sent it to other players, including James Harrison.
Reply/Quote
That has zero impact on the game.

No one in that locker room is focusing on those accusations other than Manning. Everyone else is worried about making it to the playoffs.

Manning should be worried about just playing.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm really worried about the offensive line and the TE position myself as a whole myself.

This should be a defensive show down.

Maybe AJ McCarron shows up? Who knows at this point!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 07:38 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Since Manning isn't playing, I would say it won't make much of a difference.  However, an article I just said indicated that the same person who sent HGH to Manning (allegedly) sent it to other players, including James Harrison.

Whaaaaat??? James Harrison may not have been clean all of these years?  Unbelievable!  Sarcasm

All joking aside, I haven't read about this at all, but I really hope no bengals surface on that report.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 03:33 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The Broncos are not yet in the playoffs. The Bengals are playing for a bye. This is going to be a tough game TO WATCH...

Ninja Fixed it for ya

LOL   I am predicting a depressing ANEMIC performance by the O. 

I am just hoping we handle the Ratbirds and somehow the Chargers beat Denver
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 11:02 AM)Whacked Wrote:   Ninja Fixed it for ya

LOL   I am predicting a depressing ANEMIC performance by the O. 

I am just hoping we handle the Ratbirds and somehow the Chargers beat Denver

I see two fine defense making it tough on backup QBs.. I don;t seen anemic performance but I give the edge to Denver for having the better defense and with having home field advantage.  To me this is like a great pitching duel... sometimes good hitters can get closed down.. doesn;t mean they are not a good hitter again.. that is what I see in this game... Defense should rule more than offense is terrible.  

To your second point.. are you saying you believe Baltimore is on par with us right now ??? 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 03:33 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The Broncos are not yet in the playoffs. The Bengals are playing for a bye. This is going to be a tough game...

Yes, but that bye might get them back their starting QB, which the team knows is what will give them a real chance.  
Reply/Quote
I think this and also the distraction of Peyton coming back and being healthy but not starting or even dressing is also a distraction....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 11:13 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I see two fine defense making it tough on backup QBs.. I don;t seen anemic performance but I give the edge to Denver for having the better defense and with having home field advantage.  To me this is like a great pitching duel... sometimes good hitters can get closed down.. doesn;t mean they are not a good hitter again.. that is what I see in this game... Defense should rule more than offense is terrible.  

To your second point.. are you saying you believe Baltimore is on par with us right now ??? 

Our D line is just as good as theirs, but their O line is weaker than ours, so I see our D having the better day.  
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 01:03 PM)corpjet Wrote: I think this and also the distraction of Peyton coming back and being healthy but not starting or even dressing is also a distraction....

The only way I could see it being a distraction is if some of the Denver players were involved and might be worried about getting caught up in this scandal.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 08:01 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: That has zero impact on the game.

No one in that locker room is focusing on those accusations other than Manning. Everyone else is worried about making it to the playoffs.

Manning should be worried about just playing.

^This^

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 10:38 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Whaaaaat??? James Harrison may not have been clean all of these years?  Unbelievable!  Sarcasm

All joking aside, I haven't read about this at all, but I really hope no bengals surface on that report.

If this is true, he should lose his Participation Trophy Hilarious

(12-27-2015, 01:47 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: The only way I could see it being a distraction is if some of the Denver players were involved and might be worried about getting caught up in this scandal.

This is alledged to have been during his neck injury with the Colts, so Denver players would not be involved in this issue with him.  What would make it a distraction to the Broncos is the bombardment of questions to all of the players, i.e. "Aqib, what do you make of these allegations about Peyton?", etc.

My question is this, why would anyone believe a sports story on Al-Jazeera?
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 02:02 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: If this is true, he should lose his Participation Trophy Hilarious

This is alledged to have been during his neck injury with the Colts, so Denver players would not be involved in this issue with him.  What would make it a distraction to the Broncos is the bombardment of questions to all of the players, i.e. "Aqib, what do you make of these allegations about Peyton?", etc.

My question is this, why would anyone believe a sports story on Al-Jazeera?

I agree with ya but ...

Go over to PnR loads of dudes in there who think Al-Jazeera is legitimate news lol
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 03:15 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I agree with ya but ...

Go over to PnR loads of dudes in there who think Al-Jazeera is legitimate news lol

It is legitimate news, but not in the world of sports.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 03:17 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: It is legitimate news, but not in the world of sports.

Qatar government news is not legitimate. Unless you are in Qatar. Government ran media anywhere is bad.

If this PM story has legs then it would have been picked up by numerous American blogs at the least who cover sports. When the only outlet is Qatar government news. This makes it hard to believe.
Reply/Quote
While I don't think this will have a huge impact on our game, I do know it benefits the Bengals that the supposedly mighty Steelers are losing to Ryan Mallett's Ravens. Hilarious
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote