Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Disturbing trend in Bengal history
(09-08-2022, 10:29 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Your dogs,cats, and ferets don’t count

It's a marmot.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals followed up the 88 Super Bowl appearance with a pedestrian 8-8 record in 1989 and then barely made the playoffs in 1990, after which about 15 years of bad seasons went on. That all seems like ancient history, though.

While last year's great season IMO was definitely not a fluke, still a whole bunch of things helped them along such as all the Ravens' injuries, the Browns being the Browns, Ben's decline leading to a lesser year from the Steelers and the Raiders beating the Chargers on the last day (I'm unsure the Bengals would have beaten the Chargers in the first playoff game).

This year, the Bengals, with their improved offensive line, have to deal with a tougher schedule along with the presumed resurgence of the Ravens. As the AFC champion, they also have a target on their back. So, whether they delight us all by going 13-4 or something with a first round bye and another trip to the Super Bowl, or they end up closer to 500 with a one-and-done, I will still be their fan. I was a fan in 2019 after all, and have been since the '70s.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2022, 06:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually almost everyone everywhere except here on these boards agree with me.

Yes, I was talking about everyone on these boards.

Also, "almost everyone everywhere" thinks the Bengals won't make it back to the Super Bowl nor even win the division? Are you still in agreement with them? Are they still correct? Or are they only correct when they agree with you? Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2022, 12:21 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Also, "almost everyone everywhere" thinks the Bengals won't make it back to the Super Bowl nor even win the division? Are you still in agreement with them? Are they still correct? Or are they only correct when they agree with you? Whatever

There is a big difference between predicting the future and analyzing what has already happened.

for example, none of the people here claiming we made it to the Super Bowl on talent and coaching predicted we would make it to the Super Bowl before the season started.  So based on your logic they are all wrong about luck helping us make it to the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2022, 01:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There is a big difference between predicting the future and analyzing what has already happened.

for example, none of the people here claiming we made it to the Super Bowl on talent and coaching predicted we would make it to the Super Bowl before the season started.  So based on your logic they are all wrong about luck helping us make it to the Super Bowl.

No, my logic says they were clearly wrong about the talent level and quality of coaching before the season.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2022, 02:04 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No, my logic says they were clearly wrong about the talent level and quality of coaching before the season.

So basically you pick whichever option fits your opinion.

Why am I not surprised?
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2022, 01:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There is a big difference between predicting the future and analyzing what has already happened.

No it means we vastly underestimated our coaching expertise
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 09:22 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We broke curses last year. Add this one to the list!

Curses & streaks. If our line can play close to a top 10 line I think we can make it back.
Reply/Quote