Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
"Diversity is not our strength": Cincy's own Ramaswamy 2024!
So Cincinnati's own Ramaswamy announced in Feb. As of March 15 he was polling below 1% (Trump was at 46%, DeSantis 32%, Haley at 5%, Pence at 3%, and Pompeo at 1. https://poll.qu.edu/poll-release?releaseid=3869.

He's pushing a traditional (family) conservatism plus anti-wokeness, and is an "entrepreneur," which should seem attractive to the right, but he
also has some baggage--Harvard degrees and a Soros-funded fellowship.  Wondering if maybe some of the Cincy guys here went to school with him? He graduated from Saint X in 2003.

His agenda? In his CPAC speech on March 3, he emphasized the three "secular religions" that have the U.S. in a "chokehold" now. They must be stopped!

1. "The Woke racial religion that says your identity is based on your skin color, that you are inherently disadvantaged if you are black, and that you are inherently privileged if white, no matter your economic background or upbringing." This religion creates fear of "racist" accusations. Any disagreement with them makes YOU a racist! 

2. Second religion deals with sex, gender and sexuality--and rests on a contradiction: sex identity is supposed to be "hard-wired at brith" but is also "fluid" during adolescence.

3. The third religion involves climate change. If it were really about cleaning the atmosphere it would embrace nuclear energy and address China's coal use. But it's not really about that. "It is about power, dominion, control, punishment and apologizing for what we have achieved in this country and the modern West as we know it."

Also, he will shut down the FBI and create something new in its place. And he will do away with the Dept. of Education and NOT put anything in its place. The exec ought to be able to fire entire units of government and their employees.  If I can't fire someone "it means they don't work for me." 

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/21/politics/vivek-ramaswamy-gop-2024-campaign/index.html
"To put America first, we need to rediscover what America is. That's why I am running for president," . . . . "I am launching not only a political campaign but a cultural movement to create a new American Dream—one that is not only about money but about the unapologetic pursuit of excellence."

Ramaswamy is a biotech and health care entrepreneur who has written two books, "Nation of Victims: Identity Politics, the Death of Merit, and the Path Back to Excellence" and "Woke, Inc.: Inside Corporate America's Social Justice Scam."

‘Anti-woke’ GOP entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy announces 2024 presidential run
https://nypost.com/2023/02/21/gop-entrepreneur-vivek-ramaswamy-announces-2024-presidential-run/
“Those basic rules of the road: meritocracy, the idea that you get ahead in this country, not on the color of your skin, but on the content of your character. The idea that you are allowed to speak freely, yes to be wrong sometimes, as long as your neighbor gets the same courtesy in return. The idea that the people who we elect to run the government, by the way, are the people who actually run the government, basic rules of the road,” he added.

“These are the things that bind us together. You and I have different shades of melanin, you know what I’d say? So what? That’s not beautiful, that is not our strength. Our diversity is meaningless if there’s nothing greater that binds us together across that diversity. And the reason that I’m running for president is to revive those ideals and I believe deep in my bones, they still exist,” Ramaswamy said.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Vivek Ramaswamy is my candidate! He graduated #1 at St. Xavier which means he is an intellectual freak of nature. Vivek will absolutely wreck everyone in the primary debates.
Reply/Quote
Anti woke and Soros funded? That can't be a popular combo.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 10:59 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Vivek Ramaswamy is my candidate!  He graduated #1 at St. Xavier which means he is an intellectual freak of nature.  Vivek will absolutely wreck everyone in the primary debates.

Interesting prediction.

He is a first-rate speaker, who can jam a lot into 5 minutes without rambling and digressing. Way more mentally alert than Trump or DeSantis, in my view. He doesn't seem to understand how government works, or much about foreign policy, but he knows what most of the GOP audience wants to hear.

I think that won't matter much if he becomes enough of a threat to get a Trump nickname.

He only got 1% in the CPAC straw poll that gave Trump 62%. 

Still, I'd like to see him up on a stage with the other candidates. He appears very quick on his feet during presentations. 
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 11:12 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Anti woke and Soros funded?  That can't be a popular combo.

The Soros funding was for a college scholarship awarded every year, as I understand it.

That shouldn't mean anything. But I think it will, if all a large number of voters needs to hear is "Soros."
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 11:18 AM)Dill Wrote: The Soros funding was for a college scholarship awarded every year, as I understand it.

That shouldn't mean anything. But I think it will, if all a large number of voters needs to hear is "Soros."

Conservatives seem pretty good at linking people to Soros when there is no evidence, so a guy with a legit connection makes him a sitting duck for his opponents. 
Reply/Quote
A direct link to Soros is a no vote for me. And many others.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 04:23 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: A direct link to Soros is a no vote for me. And many others.

That's probably why everyone from Alvin Bragg to Ron DeSantis has been accused of being on Soros' payroll.  It's such an automatic negative that accusing someone of being Soros-backed is pretty much step 1 of politics now.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 04:23 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: A direct link to Soros is a no vote for me. And many others.

What about an indirect link--like he got a Soros funded scholarship twenty years ago
while in college? 
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 04:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's probably why everyone from Alvin Bragg to Ron DeSantis has been accused of being on Soros' payroll.  It's such an automatic negative that accusing someone of being Soros-backed is pretty much step 1 of politics now.

Well, step one of Republican politics.

Kind of like a judge with a "Mexican" surname, or a wife who donated to the Dems,

it's one of the free-associations you can play if you want to disqualify someone via rumor and innuendo.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 05:13 PM)Dill Wrote: Well, step one of Republican politics.

Kind of like a judge with a "Mexican" surname, or a wife who donated to the Dems,

it's one of the free-associations you can play if you want to disqualify someone via rumor and innuendo.

Soros is just an overarching catch-all political boogieman that I'm legimately curious what will take his place when he's finally dead...unless they'll say he faked his death and is now extra-secretly pulling the strings.

It's also possible that "just saying" that someone is Soros-funded is so automatic and overplayed that it becomes meaningless, but I doubt it.  
Reply/Quote
What color did you say he was? Wants to lead which party?
Reply/Quote
Didn’t realize he was a Cincinnati kid. That puts him above Haley and Trump on my GOP big board
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 06:08 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: What color did you say he was? Wants to lead which party?

His color isn't even that important.  His name is Ramaswamy.  Picture Trump calling him "Rama Swami Pastrami" and then calling DeSantis "Meatball Ron" and doing the YMCA dance to victory.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 05:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Soros is just an overarching catch-all political boogieman that I'm legimately curious what will take his place when he's finally dead...unless they'll say he faked his death and is now extra-secretly pulling the strings.

It's also possible that "just saying" that someone is Soros-funded is so automatic and overplayed that it becomes meaningless, but I doubt it.  

LOL one of my favorite Soros links was back in 2012, while the Arab spring was going on.

Soros is on the board of some company which does business in Egypt and has assets on the ground there. 

There's your cause for Mubarak's fall. No need to pursue research on the violent rifts in Egyptian society or
disintegrating military and police capability.

Or Soros was a part of long term CIA planning for regime overthrow throughout the region, 
according to the (lol) "Centre for Research on Globalization." 

Guy is like a Rupert Murdoch, only on behalf of democracy. Here is a run down on his nefarious influence world wide: 
https://www.globalresearch.ca/george-soros-can-influence-global-media-ties-at-least-253-organizations-study-finds/5807641
Reply/Quote
Sounds like the kind of idiot my FIL would vote for.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 06:15 PM)Dill Wrote: LOL one of my favorite Soros links was back in 2012, while the Arab spring was going on.

Soros is on the board of some company which does business in Egypt and has assets on the ground there. 

There's your cause for Mubarak's fall. No need to pursue research on the violent rifts in Egyptian society or
disintegrating military and police capability.

Or Soros was a part of long term CIA planning for regime overthrow throughout the region, 
according to the (lol) "Centre for Research on Globalization." 

Guy is like a Rupert Murdoch, only on behalf of democracy. Here is a run down on his nefarious influence world wide: 
https://www.globalresearch.ca/george-soros-can-influence-global-media-ties-at-least-253-organizations-study-finds/5807641

I wonder who the Republicans/conservatives will make their boogie man when Soros dies.  Afterall he is 92 years old

IMO, the Koch brothers and Leo Leonard are far more dangerous and harmful to democracy but you don't see Democrats going around blaming them for all the world's problems

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 11:14 PM)pally Wrote: I wonder who the Republicans/conservatives will make their boogie man when Soros dies.  Afterall he is 92 years old

IMO, the Koch brothers and Leo Leonard are far more dangerous and harmful to democracy but you don't see Democrats going around blaming them for all the world's problems

Irony
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 05:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Soros is just an overarching catch-all political boogieman that I'm legimately curious what will take his place when he's finally dead...unless they'll say he faked his death and is now extra-secretly pulling the strings.

Actually, if that man is as powerful as they say, hat off to him. He's the real genius out there.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Damn don’t know if I can vote for a Bomber
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote