Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
"Diversity is not our strength": Cincy's own Ramaswamy 2024!
(10-15-2023, 12:55 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Dude, you opened the box!  

[Image: 4rRv.gif]

Kinda curious to see what the trap is. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 01:15 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Kinda curious to see what the trap is. LOL

More of a poll than a trap.

Just wondering which way people who just want to get along at the grocery store.

break on the policy issues. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 04:52 PM)Dill Wrote: More of a poll than a trap.

Just wondering which way people who just want to get along at the grocery store.

break on the policy issues. 

Pretty small sample size. You can have an opinion on something without it affecting you. I never wrung my hands or shook a fist at minorities because of affirmative action. We all disagree about things. The problem people are those who can’t get past differences of opinion.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 07:30 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Pretty small sample size. You  can have an opinion on something without it affecting you. I never wrung my hands or shook a fist at minorities because of affirmative action. We all disagree about things. The problem people are those who can’t get past differences of opinion.

[Image: kiss-chef.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 07:30 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I never wrung my hands or shook a fist at minorities because of affirmative action.

I used to, but then I realized I was just a mediocre d-bag and got over it.  Oh well, I guess if you aren't mortified of the person you used to be, you haven't grown...or something.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 09:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I used to, but then I realized I was just a mediocre d-bag and got over it.  Oh well, I guess if you aren't mortified of the person you used to be, you haven't grown...or something.

Oh I’m sure I threw hissy fits in my youth over something, but that’s when you had time and energy and lack of responsibilities. Then you get hit in the face with life.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 09:17 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Oh I’m sure I threw hissy fits in my youth over something, but that’s when you had time and energy and lack of responsibilities.  Then you get hit in the face with life.

In my defense, I got a lot of slurs thrown my way growing up (both sides of my family are southern Italian and in our redneck town that led to me being called everything from a sand N-bomb to a Mexican piece of shit) and combining that with only being able to put "WHITE" on an application was a real one-two punch.

It still bugs me to think about it.  So it goes.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 09:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In my defense, I got a lot of slurs thrown my way growing up (both sides of my family are southern Italian and in our redneck town that led to me being called everything from a sand N-bomb to a Mexican piece of shit) and combining that with only being able to put "WHITE" on an application was a real one-two punch.

It still bugs me to think about it.  So it goes.

Where are the good whites from to rednecks? I always figure Germany and maybe England.

If I had to pick one country in Europe to visit it would be Italy. Probably need a couple months.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 10:05 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Where are the good whites from to rednecks? I always figure Germany and maybe England.

If I had to pick one country in Europe to visit it would be Italy. Probably need a couple months.

In my experience, rednecks are all 'muricans, and they all have part Cherokee blood in them so they can tell you how Washington Redskins isn't offensive.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 07:30 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Pretty small sample size. You  can have an opinion on something without it affecting you. I never wrung my hands or shook a fist at minorities because of affirmative action. We all disagree about things. The problem people are those who can’t get past differences of opinion.

Not not as small as you might think. I have asked at least 5 people about this. I'll continue that indefinitely.
You added "quotas," though. The question was not really about that, so one response is ambiguated. 
Maybe you'd allow race as a "factor" in admissions, without the goal of achieving quotas. I cannot tell. 

People can vote on something they don't think affects them much, to produce a cumulative effect on policy that 
very much affects others.

So I am thinking more about policies. People may get past "differences of opinions" with their neighbors,
but if some group's "opinion" can become policy, that may be harder to "get past."  
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 10:05 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Where are the good whites from to rednecks? I always figure Germany and maybe England.

Go in the summer. Beautiful. 

Stay off the Autostrada. Take the train. Don't rent a car.

Florence, Rome (Vatican and the ruins, Caesar's forum etc.), Venice--make sure you hit those.

The pizza may disappoint. 
Reply/Quote
Just keep em ALL out!   Ninja

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote