Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Divine Interception
I think this guy is borderline delusional:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25235343/russell-wilson-says-god-spoke-to-him-and-explained-super-bowl-interception
Reply/Quote
What would Jesus do?

Hand it off to Marshawn Lynch.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Dan Berstein thinks Wilson is gay. He doesn't come out and say that verbatim, but he implies that Wilson is living a lie and should just come out.

The God stuff is idiotic, justifies my dislike of this fake little *******.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2015, 08:20 AM)6andcounting Wrote: What would Jesus do?

Hand it off to Marshawn Lynch.

In fairness, If Jesus were coaching he would have been flagged for 12 men on the field.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 11:20 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: In fairness, If Jesus were coaching he would have been flagged for 12 men on the field.

It took me a minute to get this.   Big Grin
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 12:03 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: It took me a minute to get this.   Big Grin

I guess it's what they call a "way homer."

[Image: Glen-e1327083651497.jpg]
Reply/Quote
People sure do like to claim god told them to do things.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 01:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: People sure do like to claim god told them to do things.

As long as they don't claim anything as crazy as God insisting they run for president Mellow

Invoking Jesus in sporting events reminds me of that old Jeff Stilson bit:

Quote:You know, just once I'd like to hear a player say, 'Yeah, we were in the game -- until Jesus made me fumble. He hates our team.'
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 01:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: People sure do like to claim god told them to do things.

I always wonder why someone thanks god when they win?  Like he had a hand in it.  Does that mean god just screwed the other team over?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 11:20 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: In fairness, If Jesus were coaching he would have been flagged for 12 men on the field.

Pretty sure Judas would have been riding the bench.   Wink
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 06:41 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Pretty sure Judas would have been riding the bench.   Wink

Nah, Judas sold the playbook to the Devil's team, to paraphrase a great football movie.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 12:37 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I guess it's what they call a "way homer."

[Image: Glen-e1327083651497.jpg]

I'm already home, Glen.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 11:20 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: In fairness, If Jesus were coaching.  .  .  

The Seahawk fans would have crucified him for calling a pass on that last play.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 05:39 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I always wonder why someone thanks god when they win?  Like he had a hand in it.  Does that mean god just screwed the other team over?

Well, thanking god is one thing but to claim some divine being intervened in the outcome of a football game (albeit and important one to us) and then also state that said divine being directly explained his rationale just strikes me as weird.  I mean, Russel Wilson said something that could be interpreted as:

"I didn't throw that INT, god made me throw it." Is he not claiming that a higher power made him throw the interception because said higher power wants him to show everyone how he responds?

'I'm using you ... I want to see how you respond. But most importantly, I want them to see how you respond.'"

That is the quote...so he's saying that god directly influenced that play and made it an INT. That is downright blasphemous when you get down to it and it really seems like the "nice guy" way of inadvertently(?) absolving himself from the blame. Can't blame him for throwing it, god made it happen. So there. I guess it's all about the perception of the person involved. If Terrel Owens drops a Super Bowl-winning TD pass and says "God spoke to me and said I made you drop that pass because I want to test you" people would have literally crucified him.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 12:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, thanking god is one thing but to claim some divine being intervened in the outcome of a football game (albeit and important one to us) and then also state that said divine being directly explained his rationale just strikes me as weird.  I mean, Russel Wilson said something that could be interpreted as:

"I didn't throw that INT, god made me throw it."  Is he not claiming that a higher power made him throw the interception because said higher power wants him to show everyone how he responds?

'I'm using you ... I want to see how you respond. But most importantly, I want them to see how you respond.'"

That is the quote...so he's saying that god directly influenced that play and made it an INT.  That is downright blasphemous when you get down to it and it really seems like the "nice guy" way of inadvertently(?) absolving himself from the blame.  Can't blame him for throwing it, god made it happen.  So there.  I guess it's all about the perception of the person involved.  If Terrel Owens drops a Super Bowl-winning TD pass and says "God spoke to me and said I made you drop that pass because I want to test you" people would have literally crucified him.

Could you imagine the outrage around here if Andy had said something like this?  Jungle Noise would be in full on meltdown mode......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-09-2015, 12:36 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: I think this guy is borderline delusional:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25235343/russell-wilson-says-god-spoke-to-him-and-explained-super-bowl-interception

Tebow called him?
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 01:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: Could you imagine the outrage around here if Andy had said something like this?  Jungle Noise would be in full on meltdown mode......

Well the guy is a Seattle darling (for good reason) and already won a Super Bowl.  I think you have to be pretty popular to make an egregious error and then blame it on god intervening.  Even if the whole thing is real, Wilson is saying that god intervened and changed the outcome of the Super Bowl which affected fans (relatively), entire organizations that employ thousands of people, everyone who had financial interests in it, everyone who worked his entire life to play for or coach for each team, and so on and so forth.

All of those people were affected because god intervened.  And why did god intervene?  Because, according to Russel Wilson, he wanted everyone to see how RUSSEL WILSON reacts.  God did something that affects a lot of people for the sole purpose of putting the spotlight on Russel Wilson...according to Russel Wilson.

If I'm a Seahawks player and I worked my whole life to get the chance to win a Super Bowl and Russel Wilson says the reason I didn't get that chance was because god specifically wanted everyone to see how HE reacts to failure I would be somewhat miffed at the sheer audacity and ego being put forth.  That's just me.

It's not even like I have an issue Russel Wilson screwed up. It's that he screwed up and he's blaming it on god and the purpose is that god wants everyone to pay attention to Russel Wilson's reaction to what "god made happen." Lordy almightly.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 12:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, thanking god is one thing but to claim some divine being intervened in the outcome of a football game (albeit and important one to us) and then also state that said divine being directly explained his rationale just strikes me as weird.  I mean, Russel Wilson said something that could be interpreted as:

"I didn't throw that INT, god made me throw it."  Is he not claiming that a higher power made him throw the interception because said higher power wants him to show everyone how he responds?

That is the quote...so he's saying that god directly influenced that play and made it an INT.  That is downright blasphemous when you get down to it and it really seems like the "nice guy" way of inadvertently(?) absolving himself from the blame.  Can't blame him for throwing it, god made it happen.  So there.  I guess it's all about the perception of the person involved.  If Terrel Owens drops a Super Bowl-winning TD pass and says "God spoke to me and said I made you drop that pass because I want to test you" people would have literally crucified him.

How he reacts is the only part i agree with in what said.

Everything else....ugh. Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 02:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well the guy is a Seattle darling (for good reason) and already won a Super Bowl.  I think you have to be pretty popular to make an egregious error and then blame it on god intervening.  Even if the whole thing is real, Wilson is saying that god intervened and changed the outcome of the Super Bowl which affected fans (relatively), entire organizations that employ thousands of people, everyone who had financial interests in it, everyone who worked his entire life to play for or coach for each team, and so on and so forth.

All of those people were affected because god intervened.  And why did god intervene?  Because, according to Russel Wilson, he wanted everyone to see how RUSSEL WILSON reacts.  God did something that affects a lot of people for the sole purpose of putting the spotlight on Russel Wilson...according to Russel Wilson.

If I'm a Seahawks player and I worked my whole life to get the chance to win a Super Bowl and Russel Wilson says the reason I didn't get that chance was because god specifically wanted everyone to see how HE reacts to failure I would be somewhat miffed at the sheer audacity and ego being put forth.  That's just me.

It's not even like I have an issue Russel Wilson screwed up.  It's that he screwed up and he's blaming it on god and the purpose is that god wants everyone to pay attention to Russel Wilson's reaction to what "god made happen."  Lordy almightly.

Yeah, agree 100% about the ego part.....but what I was getting at would be all of the "OMGZ.....did u hear Andy blame God for the int/fumble? HHuurrrr Ddduurrrr....he's like the wurst evur.....OMGZ" Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 01:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: Could you imagine the outrage around here if Andy had said something like this?  Jungle Noise would be in full on meltdown mode......

Dalton rarely ever takes the blame for his mistakes as it is, so what would be the difference?
Reply/Quote