Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Division Race
If the Steelers win then maybe they show up when they play the Browns and Ravens. Even if they tie us they can’t beat us because of tie breakers.
Reply/Quote
The Titans let Pittsburgh in with multiple unforced turnovers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Steelers beat the Titans. The AFC will dust us if we don't go epic for the rest of the season
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
We have Bungled away 3 games this year (Jets & 49ers for sure) + pick one of Bears, Packers, Chargers.
Reply/Quote
First place for now. Hopefully the Raiders can beat the Browns tomorrow.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 09:31 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: First place for now. Hopefully the Raiders can beat the Browns tomorrow.

[Image: zPJjuT-e1606134074881.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1]
Reply/Quote
The raiders are a bad MUnfor the Browns.
Reply/Quote
So many teams in both conferences still capable of playoff spots..
The league i cant remember being so "Any Given Sunday"
other then 4 teams to start the day
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 05:23 PM)Whacked Wrote: Freaking Steelers making the Titans game close.

WTHHHHHHHHHHHHH

If the Stoolers beat the Titans, I’m gonna lose it

I hope you didn't lose it.  Gaah

What will you do if the Steelers win the Division?  
[Image: MfkK6dVJDy.png]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Bengals could win north with a win over ravens. loss by Browns to Raiders Packers and Steelers Ravens would needs to lose to Rams and beat Steelers. Steelers need to lose to Chiefs Ravens while beating Browns. I give all that happening including the Bengal win over Ravens around 15 percent. If we win against Ravens we have a realistic path to playoffs without winning another game
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 10:18 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: [Image: zPJjuT-e1606134074881.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1]

Your forum avatar and Carr have a similar look going on!
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 09:17 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Bengals could win north with a win over ravens. loss by Browns to Raiders Packers and Steelers Ravens would needs to lose to Rams and beat Steelers. Steelers need to lose to Chiefs Ravens while beating Browns. I give all that happening including the Bengal win over Ravens around 15 percent. If we win against Ravens we have a realistic path to playoffs without winning another game

Looking at it again this morning A win this week plus Colts losing 2 of their next 3 have Raiders and Cardinals as well as the Jets along with Pats beating Dolphins week 18 could get us in as a wild card with a win this week
Reply/Quote
With how we play on the road vs home would you prefer Wildcard status or Divisional Champs if we can get either?
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 11:54 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: With how we play on the road vs home would you prefer Wildcard status or Divisional Champs if we can get either?

I like the idea of having the division title.  It's quite an accomplishment.  We've achieved that four times since the AFCN was created, but that trails Baltimore's six titles and really trails Pittsburgh's nine.  It would be nice to draw closer to them.  And, if we're finally going to win a playoff game after 30+ years, it only seems fitting that it should happen at home in front of our long-suffering fans.  

We'll just have to watch them don the cursed black unis and hope for the best.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
NFLN's Tom Pelissero is reporting that neither Baker Mayfield nor Case Keenum cleared COVID protocols today. Nick Mullins will get the start this afternoon.

They apparently cleared 3 players but lost 2 more over the weekend. They should have played on Saturday at least then they would have had 2 more days to prepare for Green Bay on Christmas

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 12:29 PM)pally Wrote: NFLN's Tom Pelissero is reporting that neither Baker Mayfield nor Case Keenum cleared COVID protocols today.  Nick Mullins will get the start this afternoon.

They apparently cleared 3 players but lost 2 more over the weekend.  They should have played on Saturday at least then they would have had 2 more days to prepare for Green Bay on Christmas

Right, I think this worked out about as good as it could have for us. If they drop both it's going to be a really good situation for us if we can win next week. 
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 12:56 PM)Au165 Wrote: Right, I think this worked out about as good as it could have for us. If they drop both it's going to be a really good situation for us if we can win next week. 

There's a decent chance the Browns could lose out - H Raiders, @ Packers, @ Steelers, H Bengals.
Reply/Quote
https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/12/20/baker-mayfield-case-keenum-out-covid-19-protocols-browns-raiders-latest-tests-kevin-stefanski

Both Case Keenum and Baker failed to get out of the protocol. Nick Mullens will be your starter!!
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 12:11 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I like the idea of having the division title.  It's quite an accomplishment.  We've achieved that four times since the AFCN was created, but that trails Baltimore's six titles and really trails Pittsburgh's nine.  It would be nice to draw closer to them.  And, if we're finally going to win a playoff game after 30+ years, it only seems fitting that it should happen at home in front of our long-suffering fans.  

We'll just have to watch them don the cursed black unis and hope for the best.

The resounding theme of this board for the last number of wins has been "no playoff wins in over 30 years"  Well, as someone who has been with this team from the first game they played, and having cheered them to 2 Super Bowls, let me break it to you young'uns what you have been missing. Making the playoffs is fun. The fact the Bengals are in the playoffs is fun, exciting and a great party. This is as far as many of you have gotten, as it has been a 1 and done over and over. But, there was a time, a long time ago, when the 1st playoff game was won and we went to the Division round. This is fun and exciting as well, but there is a certain anxiety that sets in during the week before the game. Heartburn, nervous stomachs and such require large doses of Pepto, and when it's finally game time for the game there is a tightness in the chest. You don't realize you can go 60 minutes without breathing until you experience this. When they win this game, and go to the AFC Championship game, the sense of excitement and anxiety are in full bloom. There is not much sleep that week, and you can't get anything done at work because you are searching for any little tidbit of news concerning the upcoming game. Blood pressure rises, hair starts falling out, there's a strange ringing in your ears. And if they make it to the Super Bowl, you need a doctor who can get you on large doses of Xanax to function....lol. Now, all the pressure of getting to the big show is passed, but it is do or die time. I liken the feeling to a mountain climber who's life goal was to summit Everest, he's on the final ascent, but storm clouds are rolling in fast. Do you summit and risk dying or turn back. Be careful what you wish for, none of this can really be healthy...... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Aren't we the #4 seed and lead the Division after yesterdays win and B-more's loss to the Pack?
Reply/Quote