Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***(Divisional) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Bills***
(01-22-2023, 04:35 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Screw that.

The league should ban indoor stadiums.  Football is an outdoor sport.

Im the total opposite. Should be real grass in a dome or heated fields mandatory with no other sports playing on it like Shittsburg allows. It's not 1950 anymore.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 08:16 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: Carman is 100% a left tackle. Always was always will be. I’m glad he had a chance to show that today. He had a wicked combo block in the first quarter
Saw that, where he guided someone into volson and picked up a blitzer off the edge...

Sent from my DE2118 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 09:03 PM)ah5 Wrote: Saw that, where he guided someone into volson and picked up a blitzer off the edge...

Is he small for tackle or something?

How do we not peep this before today?

He was so bad at G that we assumed he was bad at T too?

That’s 2 players now that have looked good after a switch

Also Burrow was a god today. He would’ve made anyone look at least average
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 09:03 PM)ah5 Wrote: Saw that, where he guided someone into volson and picked up a blitzer off the edge...

There was also a play where he dominated the edge on. Mixon run and Mixon got great yardage
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 11:57 PM)Housh Wrote: Is he small for tackle or something?

How do we not peep this before today?

He was so bad at G that we assumed he was bad at T too?

That’s 2 players now that have looked good after a switch

Also Burrow was a god today. He would’ve made anyone look at least average

Honestly, I’m not sure why the team didnt recognize it sooner, I’m just glad they’ve figured it out. I know we had a need at guard when we drafted him but it ended up doing him a disservice by forcing him into a spot that he’s not suited for.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 12:42 AM)WhoDeyK Wrote: Honestly, I’m not sure why the team didnt recognize it sooner, I’m just glad they’ve figured it out. I know we had a need at guard when we drafted him but it ended up doing him a disservice by forcing him into a spot that he’s not suited for.

That's crazy if true. He was a left tackle on a national championship caliber team in college. And responsible for protecting the blind side of a Heisman caliber QB. It would be baffling if they weren't considering it. They should have had him out there from the get-go, and found another place for Jonah, who was average at best as an LT.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 07:43 PM)cinci4life Wrote: But the arm clearly wasn't which is the key part.

The arm doesn't have to as long as the hand is. Watch the hand and fingers project forward.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 06:55 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Really? No other enormous guy known for shedding blocks and being hard to take down? 

If you're talking Big Ben then, no, I would never associate the word elusive with him. Tough to bring down absolutely.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 08:44 PM)John Stofa Wrote: Fantastic all-around performance. Maybe the best Bengals postseason performance ever. WHO DEY!

Best road game performance in the playoffs, but the 27-7 Freezer Bowl ass kicking of the Chargers comes to mind.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 06:44 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Sorry brother, but I was a punt returner. Punt returner has a halo. That was a penalty.

Didn't notice your post the other day, so this is a late reply.  But no, the NFL does not have a halo rule.  Even NCAA dumped the rule at least a decade ago.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Tee Higgins!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
I'm so happy you guys came back. keep rolling
Reply/Quote
Helluva break up!
Reply/Quote
So who is he Romo? Jordan or Magic?
Reply/Quote
Romo in full erection mode
Reply/Quote