Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do I Take Mike Evans Or AJ At #6?!
I have pick #6 in my league with my best friends, so it's the league that matters.

I was set on taking Mike Evans at #6, assuming he falls that far, which he might not with Beckham's injury, but should I take AJ at #6?

I picked 6th specifically because I wanted Evans, and most sites had Evans ranked ahead of AJ, but now I've seen one or two sites with AJ ahead of Evans.

I think AJ is the better receiver and I think Mixon and Ross will only help AJ, but Evans could be better in terms of fantasy numbers, and our line scares me in giving Andy enough time to find AJ.

Evans also has DeSean opposite of him and I think Winston will put up better numbers than Andy because of our line play.

Who should I take? Evans or AJ?

Evans scored the second-most fantasy points by a wide receiver last year and was only .5 behind the leader, and AJ might have been the league leader if he hadn't gotten injured, but then there's the question of the line this year.

What do I do?
Reply/Quote
Well, in the Official Board League, I used one of my keepers on AJ. I'm expecting (hoping) for a big season from him. If the line can keep Andy off his back. So my opinion, go with Mr. Green.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Either one is a good pick. May want to consider a running back at 6 too.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Our line wasn't too hot last year and AJ was on pace for a career year. You can't go wrong with him.
I am in that debate with myself too, but I think I'm going to choose AJ because sometimes Andy can't look at anyone else. Tongue

I also agree with guyofthetiger that you might want to look at a RB at 6. The "elite" ones are gone quickly, and there are a lot more WR that can make up those points than there are RBs IMO.
Reply/Quote
I'd go Evans. I'd take Green all day in real life, but his fantasy numbers were inflated due to lack of other options last year... We all know he's explosive as hell though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Evans. This is barely debatable.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2017, 11:37 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Evans. This is barely debatable.

I'm leaning towards this......

Take the Bengal bias out of me and its definitely this. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2017, 11:37 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Evans. This is barely debatable.

Based on what exactly? In my opinion 6 is too high for either. But AJ/Evans is as close as it gets and a flip of the coin. I'd take AJ personally.

Also, so would the majority of experts by a small margin.
https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/draft/aj-green-mike-evans.php

Take into account the bengals projected SOS (before the season starts)

You can't go wrong either way, it's like Bell/Johnson at 1... it would be hard to call that barely debateable.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2017, 04:04 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Based on what exactly?  In my opinion 6 is too high for either.  But AJ/Evans is as close as it gets and a flip of the coin.  I'd take AJ personally.

Also, so would the majority of experts by a small margin.
https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/draft/aj-green-mike-evans.php

But, Bengalbug! It's barely debatable!
Reply/Quote
https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/video/fantasy-football-wr-rankings-a-j-green-vs-mike-evans/

lol to those who think Evans is clearly superior.

I am not even biased in fantasy football.. and would be happy with either, and so should you.

Evans may have the better year, but it's hard to predict the future.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2017, 04:07 PM)rezolve11 Wrote: But, Bengalbug! It's barely debatable!

Yep, it's almost like if you flip a coin it say it will always be heads.

Honestly, good topic Brad. If you want Evans, go him. If you want green, go him. You are basically drafting the same fantasy production projection. Part of me likes having Green bc even when bengals lose it typically means green had a shot at a good gsm. So small victory.

But stay the hell away from the RB, or take Hill in 11-12 based on marvins track record. Draft dalton as a high upside backup (12-14) 2 years ago he was on pace for top 5 fantasy year and has been top 10 2/3 years.
Reply/Quote