Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glenn versus Bennett??
Bennett was traded for a future conditional 7th, that is one of the biggest insults in football. When you trade a vested veteran for what amounts to a bag of balls versus letting them pick their team that is the team giving the guy the finger one last time. The Patriots didn't want to risk him going to an AFC rival.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 09:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: From reading quotes, I get the sense that the Bengals think they're close to turning this thing around. What that means...I don't know.

The Bengals have thought that for years.

Now, FWIW, they were leading at halftime or later in the following games:
SEA
BUF
JAX

They were also tied with ARI with less than 2 minutes remaining.

So I GUESS if the team looks at it as ALMOST games where the Bengals had a chance to win, they could be 3-4 or 4-3 right now potentially.
Maybe their thought process is that if Green, Glenn, and a couple others were playing, they'd have those wins.
But the problem with that thought process is it's not guaranteed that they win even with those players in.

It's really sad that the Bengals don't know by now that no team stays healthy all year long. There are always injuries. The really good teams are the ones who have good depth and can adjust their playcalling to accommodate those injuries. The Bengals have neither right now, and that's why they are 0-7.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote