Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do Over at HC...
I'd say Bienemy, but we'd be in the same situation with any of those guys. Maybe we'd be 2-5 right now, best case, if the hire brought in a semi-competent staff, but the underlying issues here would have prevented any hire from success in 2019.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It wouldn’t matter much who was hired. Any coach with options wouldn’t come here and Mike Brown would weed out any candidate who might challenge his ways of running things. Being a good company man is number one on Brown’s checklist for all employees.
Reply/Quote
Until this team understands the importance of utilizing free agency and trades to their fullest potential, I'm not optimistic about any coach coming in here and succeeding. I know a coach CAN do it (for all his weaknesses, Marvin Lewis had fielded successful units multiple times during his tenure), but the cards are heavily stacked against them. These last seven weeks have been a real eye-opener for me, and it's honestly burned me out. Call me a Chicken Little, but I do not see a light at the end of the tunnel. And with the stadium lease looming in 7 years, a part of me wonders if 2015 will be the last time we see a strong Cincinnati Bengals team. I sure as hell don't see Zac Taylor fielding one, for however long he's here. From the draft to the on-field play-calling, Taylor looks way out of his depth, and his resume doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

I liked Bienemy, but my understanding is that his role as the OC in Kansas City was basically to serve as a glorified mouthpiece for Andy Reid, so you wonder just how hands-on he is there. But in terms of experience, I'd take a coordinator over a position coach.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 11:46 PM)Von Cichlid Wrote: Although its not allowed because of the fact he is already a coach, but Zimmer would have been the best fit for the orginization anyone could imagine.  He is like Parcells in the sense that he doesn't play games and doesn't take guff from anyone.  People respect him for it and players play for him.

I think a Bill Parcells type personality is what is needed.  The reason Parcells never worked out in Dallas was because Jerry Jones liked to micromanage.

Mike Brown is the anti-Jerry Jones in many many ways.  Jerry will give you unlimited resources but you must use them as he sees fit and he probably second guesses your every move.  Brown on the other hand gives you very little to work with but you do have the freedom to do what you wish while feeling very little in the way of pressure from the top.  A guy like Zimmer/Parcells could do reasonably well in this environment.  

Rumor has it that Jim Harbaugh is looking to return to the NFL.  The Bengals could do a lot worse.

See I agree...BUT, I don't think Zimmer would co-exist with the Bengals Management in the HC role. It's the reason Zimmer took so long to become a HC. He's brash and tells it like it is.

Could you imagine the Bengals re-signing Bobby Hart and Zimmer going out in front of the media and talking about how they love Bobby Hart and how he plays hard and how they see bright things in his future??? No way.

That's just 1 example.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 12:06 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd imagine every coach in the world outside of those that already have dream of being a HC in the NFL

I don't know...some would probably rather wait a year or 2 more to get in a better spot to win. Coaching here could destroy their future coaching chances.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 09:42 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I'd say Bienemy, but we'd be in the same situation with any of those guys. Maybe we'd be 2-5 right now, best case, if the hire brought in a semi-competent staff, but the underlying issues here would have prevented any hire from success in 2019.

I think the unknown is IF there were coaches out there who could come in and coach up some of these players.

Like a guy like Price...is he just this bad? Or could he be decent under the right coach.

Ced gets a lot of flack for being terrible...and he was here, but he's atleast serviceable for Jax. In fact, he grades out at 64.3.

Andre Smith is 50.5 and Hart is 52.7. So yes Ced would be by far our best Tackle here.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 09:42 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I'd say Bienemy, but we'd be in the same situation with any of those guys. Maybe we'd be 2-5 right now, best case, if the hire brought in a semi-competent staff, but the underlying issues here would have prevented any hire from success in 2019.

that's who I wanted (of those interviewed) and thought was the pick until he was available and the trigger wasn't pulled.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 11:00 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think the unknown is IF there were coaches out there who could come in and coach up some of these players.

Like a guy like Price...is he just this bad? Or could he be decent under the right coach.

Ced gets a lot of flack for being terrible...and he was here, but he's atleast serviceable for Jax. In fact, he grades out at 64.3.

Andre Smith is 50.5 and Hart is 52.7. So yes Ced would be by far our best Tackle here.

.....and Ogbuehi never played a down under this staff. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 11:01 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: that's who I wanted (of those interviewed) and thought was the pick until he was available and the trigger wasn't pulled.

Agreed. I even started a thread about it I believe during the season. Seemed to make a lot of sense.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 11:03 AM)Wyche Wrote: .....and Ogbuehi never played a down under this staff. 

But...we've seen already from PFF ratings that basically EVERY player on the roster has seriously regressed. Guys like Jackson, Bates, Atkins, etc. Heck Tyler Boyd struggles to even catch a football!

Yet...you're insinuating that they'd coach Ced up?
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 10:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eric Bieniemy

I was hoping it was this guy.  :andy:
Reply/Quote
Thanks for everyones feedback, I wouldn't say there isn't 1 guy right now with anyone that has been mentioned that is a clear cut favorite and could right this ship fast.

Part of me thinks someone like Jack DelRio would be good but I don't know if his old school ways would mesh well in todays NFL, its a totally different game then when he played. In addition I think someone like him would need a bright offensive mind to be his OC.

I know the trend is young offensive minded guys but I think someone with previous head coaching experience would have been better here. We are just throwing too much at a guy who has never been a HC in his life.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Fire Marvin after 2017, and hire Kyle Shannahan.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 10:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Neil Peart

Geddy Lee
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 11:37 AM)jason Wrote: Fire Marvin after 2017, and hire Kyle Shannahan.

That would have been one of them franchise altering moves right there...

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 01:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That would have been one of them franchise altering moves right there...

Nearly every cluster @#$% of a Bengals game I watch and have watched for like the last 2 seasons + I drift off to thinking what this team might be like today if MB would have done the right thing and fired ML right after the Steelers implosion ?

We've totally wasted whatever chance this core of players had and now it's rebuild city.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 01:13 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Nearly every cluster @#$% of a Bengals game I watch and have watched for like the last 2 seasons + I drift off to thinking what this team might be like today if MB would have done the right thing and fired ML right after the Steelers implosion ?

We've totally wasted whatever chance this core of players had and now it's rebuild city.

Can you imagine any other team keeping a HC after something like that? Truly unbelievable.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 01:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can you imagine any other team keeping a HC after something like that? Truly unbelievable.

after the historically good start to the season of 8-0 etc...  then loss of a QB in the mvp race.... Yep time to fire the HC..... ?
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 01:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: after the historically good start to the season of 8-0 etc...  then loss of a QB in the mvp race.... Yep time to fire the HC..... ?

An epic meltdown in the playoffs at home against your biggest rival to go to 0-7...

Yeah, sorry, 8-0 don’t mean shit if it ends like that.

Reply/Quote
Rex Ryan. we needed a cocky attitude around here. that's who I said I wanted originally
Reply/Quote