Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do Players Think About Postseason Pay During Negotiations?
I’m not sure the numbers for the losing team but, if a team wins the Super Bowl, the players get an extra 350k (or so) in pay.

So would a free agent consider that in contract negotiations if a team that wasn’t as good was offering more money?

I know even one Super Bowl isn’t guaranteed, much-less three, but would any players consider that when thinking about signing here?
Reply/Quote
Maybe but I doubt the playoff and Super Bowl bonus money is a big part of their decision. I think most players look at the guaranteed money they will earn as opposed to possible bonuses for playoff games and Super Bowls. Many also probably look at how well they fit with the team and if the team they are joining will increase their chances to excel which will also afford them an opportunity to make even more money. Of course there will be some players that also want a shot at a Super Bowl win, especially some of the older players that maybe never got there and are willing to take maybe a bit less than they are worth for a shot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 03:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I’m not sure the numbers for the losing team but, if a team wins the Super Bowl, the players get an extra 350k (or so) in pay.

So would a free agent consider that in contract negotiations if a team that wasn’t as good was offering more money?

I know even one Super Bowl isn’t guaranteed, much-less three, but would any players consider that when thinking about signing here?

I would say that it doesn't factor in for guys that make $5 million or more, however a guy on a vet minimum contract would probably be interested as he is only making roughly $750k.  That's a 50% bump.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 04:06 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I would say that it doesn't factor in for guys that make $5 million or more, however a guy on a vet minimum contract would probably be interested as he is only making roughly $750k.  That's a 50% bump.

Well stated.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Not for millionaires. It is chump change compared to the contracts. With signing bonuses and guarantees, they know they can "make" that money in the contract. Being a team sport, while you think you may have a SB/Playoff team, we know a single injury to someone besides yourself can tank those chances.

Be a Super Bowl winner and money will come ( endorsements, appearances, etc. ), but winning the Super Bowl, aside from being on a Tom Brady team, is a hard bet to make.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Years and guarantees is what i assume most players prioritize.
-Housh
Reply/Quote