Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Do Prosecuting Attorneys Have Morals?
(11-19-2021, 04:42 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He defended others and himself.

That sounds like something a very grown person would do and it should be applauded.

He got emotional because he killed people, but you're calling him juvenile because of it?

The people he shot were attacking like a bunch of children.

I think you have the roles reversed here..............

He was a minor putting himself in a situation he shouldn't have been in. Most would call that irresponsible at best.

Most grown people don't go wading into a shit storm strapped. Matter of fact, one of the most important tenants to carrying is don't go into a situation where the gun may be necessary.

He cried on the stand, sure. But the fact that he killed people didn't seem to bother him when he was out getting high fives wearing a 'Free As ****' shirt.

Mind you I'm saying this as a guy who believes he shot those folks in self defense. I still think he was an idiot for putting himself in the situation to begin with, just like I think attacking a guy with a gun is an idiotic move.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 05:11 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: He was a minor putting himself in a situation he shouldn't have been in. Most would call that irresponsible at best.

Most grown people don't go wading into a shit storm strapped. Matter of fact, one of the most important tenants to carrying is don't go into a situation where the gun may be necessary.

He cried on the stand, sure. But the fact that he killed people didn't seem to bother him when he was out getting high fives wearing a 'Free As ****' shirt.

Mind you I'm saying this as a guy who believes he shot those folks in self defense. I still think he was an idiot for putting himself in the situation to begin with, just like I think attacking a guy with a gun is an idiotic move.

How many more people would have been killed by the people's actions that he killed?

How much more money would have been lost by destruction and theft?

He was wearing a shirt saying that after being dragged through the mud by the media and a lot of the country, but you think he was wrong for celebrating?
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 05:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: How many more people would have been killed by the people's actions that he killed?

He was wearing a shirt saying that after being dragged through the mud by the media and a lot of the country, but you think he was wrong for celebrating?

Some people pick the sorriest humans on the planet to champion. A child molester, a woman beater a burglar and a robber. 
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 05:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: How many more people would have been killed by the people's actions that he killed?

Conjecture has no part in a court room and won't be acknowledged here. 

Businesses are insured. Oh no, insurance companies might have ACTUALLY had to pay out. That would've sucked.

It wasn't the shirt that bothered me. It was his cavalier attitude after ending two lives. That's not the kind of thing you come back normal from.

(11-19-2021, 06:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Some people pick the sorriest humans on the planet to champion. A child molester, a woman beater a burglar and a robber. 

Who is championing them? Also, if we're judging people based on their past, I got some bad news about some poster's favorite politicians. 
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 06:38 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Conjecture has no part in a court room and won't be acknowledged here. 
Like saying that Kyle went with the intent to kill or that the people attacking him wouldn't have killed him or caused long lasting injuries.

Weird....................

(11-19-2021, 06:38 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Businesses are insured. Oh no, insurance companies might have ACTUALLY had to pay out. That would've sucked.
There's some things money can't buy.

How long would it take to rebuild or make the stores entirely whole again?

A lot of houses are insured but people are still upset if their house burns down.

(11-19-2021, 06:38 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: It wasn't the shirt that bothered me. It was his cavalier attitude after ending two lives. That's not the kind of thing you come back normal from.

He bawled his eyes out during the trial!

He was celebrating not going to jail for basically the rest of his life and you're criticizing that?!
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 06:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Some people pick the sorriest humans on the planet to champion. A child molester, a woman beater a burglar and a robber. 

Exactly what I'm saying. The left will do anything to find victims.
Reply/Quote
The character of the people who were shot is not relevant. Rittenhouse did not know those facts about them when he shot them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 06:49 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Like saying that Kyle went with the intent to kill or that the people attacking him wouldn't have killed him or caused long lasting injuries.

Weird....................

There's some things money can't buy.

How long would it take to rebuild or make the stores entirely whole again?

A lot of houses are insured but people are still upset if their house burns down.

He bawled his eyes out during the trial!

He was celebrating not going to jail for basically the rest of his life and you're criticizing that?!

Wasn't he talking about how he wanted to kill looters just a week before on some video service? Or did we forget about that?

You're right though - money can't buy things. Like human life. But I often forget that brick and mortar are worth WAY more than a human life (which is depressingly true depending on the brick and mortar and based on accidental death payouts).

He played it up good with them tears, no denying that. Still doesn't change the fact that the week after he made bail he was smiling and taking photo ops with lunatics.

The right will make a hero out of anyone.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 06:51 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Exactly what I'm saying. The left will do anything to find victims.

Only when they're actually victims. The two jackasses killed in Kenosha very much had it coming; especially the one swinging the skateboard.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 07:41 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Only when they're actually victims. The two jackasses killed in Kenosha very much had it coming; especially the one swinging the skateboard.

I mean if you saw someone shoot someone would you try and catch them?  I don't think I would because, well, the guy just shot someone...lol.

But that's the whole problem with this mess...no one is going to win.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
In my limited exposure to the court system it appears to be standard practice.

Over charge and then accept a plea deal. Works 9/10 times on the poor people who can’t afford the expensive lawyers (made up stat).
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 07:54 PM)GMDino Wrote: I mean if you saw someone shoot someone would you try and catch them?  I don't think I would because, well, the guy just shot someone...lol.

But that's the whole problem with this mess...no one is going to win.

As a rule, I hear gun shots ring out and I'm dipping in the opposite direction. I take care of my star player and have a general dislike of people anyways.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 06:58 PM)treee Wrote: The character of the people who were shot is not relevant. Rittenhouse did not know those facts about them when he shot them.

Nobody did until someone decided they had to make sure people knew the most sordid things about them. Couldn't just be 2 people killed; they had to be 2 people who luckily for the narrative were gigantic pieces of shit.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 08:09 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Nobody did until someone decided they had to make sure people knew the most sordid things about them. Couldn't just be 2 people killed; they had to be 2 people who luckily for the narrative were gigantic pieces of shit.

Not to mention the hypocritical nature of the online discourse right now: Bring up the company Rittenhouse keeps or things he has said previously and "it shouldn't matter because it has no bearing on whether it was self defense". Then they'll turn around and suddenly decide that character does matter when they try to justify Rittenhouse's actions on a moral level. Not saying *all* people with the first viewpoint also hold the second view, but it wouldn't be a stretch to say a majority do hold both views simultaneously.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2021, 10:26 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Holy ****. I've never seen anyone question a prosecutor like this.

I wonder if the defendant's well established political leanings are causing this kind of thing.

Meanwhile defense attorneys are getting people off for pedophilia and murder, and nobody around here says a ***** word.

Strange times.

Edit: I should probably add that the prosecutor in the Rittenhouse trial is a total jackass.

Two different jobs. A prosecutor is supposed to seek the truth. A defense attorney is supposed to provide the best defense possible. Yes some shit stains get away with some bad things, but that’s the system we have to protect the innocent.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 07:56 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: In my limited exposure to the court system it appears to be standard practice.

Over charge and then accept a plea deal. Works 9/10 times on the poor people who can’t afford the expensive lawyers (made up stat).

Yes. This has happened to me. After a few times, I realized the $500 lawyer was just going to plea some shit and I was still walking away with a record and maybe spending some time in the cell. Last 2 times I got in trouble, I opened the checkbook and it was worth it. If you don't have money to throw at a good lawyer, your kinda screwed in most cases.
Reply/Quote
Most prosecutors get into the business because they want to ensure that guilty people face justice. As was stated by the defense, and many others, during the Rittenhouse trial, the prosecution should always be focused on unearthing the truth, not winning their case. The majority of the times these will amount to the same thing. Binger clearly cared more about winning his case then getting to the truth, which is unethical behavior. I will say as someone who's interacted with hundreds of ADA's (I met Jackie Lacey once as well and she impressed me as an intelligent person) the vast, vast majority of them are as described in my first sentence. Like any profession you will get some bad apples.

I will say, if Binger was the ADA in My Cousin Vinny he would never have asked for the charges to be dismissed at the end. Cool
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 06:38 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Conjecture has no part in a court room and won't be acknowledged here. 

Businesses are insured. Oh no, insurance companies might have ACTUALLY had to pay out. That would've sucked.

It wasn't the shirt that bothered me. It was his cavalier attitude after ending two lives. That's not the kind of thing you come back normal from.

Who is championing them? Also, if we're judging people based on their past, I got some bad news about some poster's favorite politicians. 

Did you not see the protestors on the courthouse steps with signs with these scumbags faces in Superman outfits?
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2021, 11:20 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Did you not see the protestors on the courthouse steps with signs with these scumbags faces in Superman outfits?

No I didn't. But even the scum of the earth have families who care about them and friends. Do we know that wasn't the case here? 

I'm not defending the dead here, btw - I feel I've made my feelings on them pretty clear. I'm asking in earnest that we know - for sure - that these protestors championing them were randos and not friends/family.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2021, 11:26 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: No I didn't. But even the scum of the earth have families who care about them and friends. Do we know that wasn't the case here? 

I'm not defending the dead here, btw - I feel I've made my feelings on them pretty clear. I'm asking in earnest that we know - for sure - that these protestors championing them were randos and not friends/family.

They sure have big families and lots of friends as they rioted in Portland and Chicago last night. AFWIW, I doubt the child molestor had all that many friends.
Reply/Quote