Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do Subway's Reward Points Expire?
It would be a ripoff if they do and I'd be PISSED because I'm trying to save points to give to my nieces and nephew for college.

Anyone have a link to a site telling if they expire?

It would be stupid if they do because I earned them so why would they expire except to save Subway money.

Thanks for any help!
From "Subway Card Terms and Conditions" on mysubwaycard.com

Quote:Earned Rewards Points have no cash value and are not redeemable for cash. They are also not transferable, and expire 36 months from the date they are earned if not used, unless stated otherwise by Value Pay Services LLC or prohibited by law.

Not sure if that'll help you out, but hopefully it does
(07-12-2016, 04:19 PM)Donnyho Wrote: From "Subway Card Terms and Conditions" on mysubwaycard.com

Not sure if that'll help you out, but hopefully it does

= Eat your free sub when you get it.

If you want to save something for them for when they get to college...  Open a savings account and add the price of a sub sandwich 5$ each time you have one.
(07-12-2016, 05:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: = Eat your free sub when you get it.

If you want to save something for them for when they get to college...  Open a savings account and add the price of a sub sandwich 5$ each time you have one.

Good idea. Every time you use a reward, buy a $5 gift card for them to off set it.. 

How soon until they go to college?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-12-2016, 07:27 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Good idea. Every time you use a reward, buy a $5 gift card for them to off set it.. 

How soon until they go to college?

Good idea, but not sure if they'd let me do that.

Oldest one goes to college in 12 or 13 years.
Yea a fast food chain isn't going to let you save points for 12-13 years. What I was suggesting was every time you use the points for yourself instead of paying out of pocket, just buy a $5 card out of pocket to save... but if it's 12-13 years away, don't even bother. At this point, you're better off saving a few bucks here or there and putting it into some account to grow over that time. No telling how much subs will cost in 12-13 years.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Come on Jared, just give them $5 and tell them life is hard and subs don't fall from the sky.
.......I think I have finally seen it all. Thanks Brad for the New Subway Sub Points College Savings Plan. We can call it the Sub 529 plan.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(07-12-2016, 03:15 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It would be a ripoff if they do and I'd be PISSED because I'm trying to save points to give to my nieces and nephew for college.

Anyone have a link to a site telling if they expire?

It would be stupid if they do because I earned them so why would they expire except to save Subway money.

Thanks for any help!

Is this serious? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
When all else fails, read the small print.As they say the devil is in the details.
(07-13-2016, 09:29 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: .......I think I have finally seen it all.  Thanks Brad for the New Subway Sub Points College Savings Plan.  We can call it the Sub 529 plan.
Explain why it's so such a laughable idea.
(07-13-2016, 10:56 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Is this serious? 
Why wouldn't it be?

If you mean it's stupid of me to give them for college, how would it be stupid saving them lots of money by allowing them to have one or two free meals a day?
(07-13-2016, 12:30 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: When all else fails, read the small print.As they say the devil is in the details.

I tried but I couldn't find anything about it (any small print details), which is why I was asking.
(07-13-2016, 02:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Explain why it's so such a laughable idea.

1.  All points for fast food restaurants and such require use prior to a certain date
2.  Subway points do not gain interest, which is exactly what investing in a college fund would do.  Effectively providing even more glorious subs.
3.  Damn I need some money to buy some supplies....oh well at least I got these sweet Subway Points.

From a financial stand point, this is much like the parable of the Talents.  That's a biblical thing.  You would be like the last guy that simply hides the money and gives it back without any return.  The master is none too happy with him.

Plenty of very legitimate options have been provided here for you to provide even more for them in the end all while taking advantage of the same subway points you speak of.

4.  If you find no humor in "Sub 529" then you should be asking yourself the real question....Why?  That's grade A material.  

(07-13-2016, 02:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Explain why it's so such a laughable idea.
Why wouldn't it be?

If you mean it's stupid of me to give them for college, how would it be stupid saving them lots of money by allowing them to have one or two free meals a day?

I tried but I couldn't find anything about it (any small print details), which is why I was asking.

You just seem so mad about it. 

Its a nice idea though. Very kind of you. Hope it works out. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Further more:

The maximum points you can have on a card is 5000. It costs 500 points to get a 6 inch sub and 1000 points to get a 12 inch. IE...The maximum you can gift them is a total of ten 6 inch subs.

Hilarious

Now...Lets say you put 5 dollars a week...or $20 a month in a 529. That ends you with $3120 in 13 years without accounting for interest. The average 6 inch sub seams to cost roughly $4.50. That means that without accounting for interest you could gift them $693 subs.

Now that's not laughable. Cool

(07-13-2016, 03:31 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Now...Lets say you put 5 dollars a week...or $20 a month in a 529.  That ends you with $3120 in 13 years without accounting for interest.  The average 6 inch sub seams to cost roughly $4.50.  That means that without accounting for interest you could gift them $693 subs.

Now that's not laughable.   Cool

My idea isn't new.... that's how my grandma set us all up...   Set up a savings account for us in our name the day we were born...  Invested a little here or there for birthdays and Christmas's and such... Was very helpful when 18 and broke at college.
(07-13-2016, 03:25 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Further more:

The maximum points you can have on a card is 5000.  It costs 500 points to get a 6 inch sub and 1000 points to get a 12 inch.  IE...The maximum you can gift them is a total of ten 6 inch subs.

Hilarious
Online is false about what subs cost, at least around here.

I believe it's 75 for a 6 inch and 125 for a footlong.

Hilarious
(07-13-2016, 03:31 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Now...Lets say you put 5 dollars a week...or $20 a month in a 529.  That ends you with $3120 in 13 years without accounting for interest.  The average 6 inch sub seams to cost roughly $4.50.  That means that without accounting for interest you could gift them $693 subs.

Now that's not laughable.   Cool

Hilarious

Steelers fans are hilarious with their stupidity!

I don't go in Subway just to get rewards points.  It's not like I say "hey, instead of eating something delicious today, I'll go spend money at Subway and just throw the subs away so I can get points for their college!"

I eat there two or three times a week, sometimes more, before I go workout because they have subs with a lot of protein, which protein builds muscle.

So, a while back, I thought, if I'm spending that much money anyways, why not get something out of it?  I started the rewards program and actually got the idea because some other man did it in some other state.

Keep fishing for ways to bash me because I swear you don't look THAT stupid!
(07-13-2016, 04:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Online is false about what subs cost, at least around here.

I believe it's 75 for a 6 inch and 125 for a footlong.

Hilarious

Hilarious

Steelers fans are hilarious with their stupidity!

I don't go in Subway just to get rewards points.  It's not like I say "hey, instead of eating something delicious today, I'll go spend money at Subway and just throw the subs away so I can get points for their college!"

I eat there two or three times a week, sometimes more, before I go workout because they have subs with a lot of protein, which protein builds muscle.

So, a while back, I thought, if I'm spending that much money anyways, why not get something out of it?  I started the rewards program and actually got the idea because some other man did it in some other state.

Keep fishing for ways to bash me because I swear you don't look THAT stupid!

OMG....Use the points for yourself and put the money into a fund....Why is this so difficult for you to understand?  That is the whole premise.  Also Okay so 65 points for a 6 inch sub.  That amounts to a whole 76 subs in total for you to gift.  

But go ahead potato...invest the way you think it's best for your nieces and nephew.

(07-13-2016, 04:08 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: My idea isn't new.... that's how my grandma set us all up...   Set up a savings account for us in our name the day we were born...  Invested a little here or there for birthdays and Christmas's and such... Was very helpful when 18 and broke at college.

This guy gets it...IE:  Not a potato investor.  ThumbsUp

Today I was going to buy a $500 watch. I don't need it but I sure do want it. Since posting in this thread I have decided against it. Instead I purchased $500 worth of delicious subs form subway, so I can give my daughters the subway points in 7 and 8 years for college.

I'm going to go down to subway headquarters later in the year to discuss converting my daughters 529 plans into subway points as well.