Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do Subway's Reward Points Expire?
(07-13-2016, 04:20 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: OMG....Use the points for yourself and put the money into a fund....Why is this so difficult for you to understand?  That is the whole premise.  Also Okay so 65 points for a 6 inch sub.  That amounts to a whole 76 subs in total for you to gift.  

But go ahead potato...invest the way you think it's best for your nieces and nephew.

Because the point is that I want the money to be something useful for them, which this would be.

They can use money for things like beer and whatever, so this would just be a thoughtful gift that would go where it's needed.

My brother and parents will have everything else covered that they need.

By the way, 76 is a lot more than the 6 subs you said, but I'm guessing math isn't your strong point  ThumbsUp
Dude, his whole point is that this is an ineffective way of banking on helping people in 13 years. For every $50 you spend, you earn one 6" sub. Even if the points lasted, you were, at best, giving them 100 free 6" subs, or about $400 worth of subs.

You can achieve the same result by putting $2.50 away each month. You'd make an extra $17 in interest too!
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-13-2016, 05:53 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Because the point is that I want the money to be something useful for them, which this would be.

They can use money for things like beer and whatever, so this would just be a thoughtful gift that would go where it's needed.

My brother and parents will have everything else covered that they need.

By the way, 76 is a lot more than the 6 subs you said, but I'm guessing math isn't your strong point  ThumbsUp

now your arguing for the sake of arguing.. Once again you ask for advice are given plenty and just turn around and shit on it all...

Every single time dude.

Look money in an account(you don't even have to put it in there name.) will do them more good than expired subway giftcards or reward points.  if it helps them buy a crappy used car for college that's more good than any sandwich.  besides they will probly get the meal plan while there.

And beer is very very useful.!!!!!
(07-13-2016, 04:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Steelers fans are hilarious with their stupidity!

I don't go in Subway just to get rewards points.  It's not like I say "hey, instead of eating something delicious today, I'll go spend money at Subway and just throw the subs away so I can get points for their college!"

I eat there two or three times a week, sometimes more, before I go workout because they have subs with a lot of protein, which protein builds muscle.

So, a while back, I thought, if I'm spending that much money anyways, why not get something out of it?  I started the rewards program and actually got the idea because some other man did it in some other state.

Keep fishing for ways to bash me because I swear you don't look THAT stupid!

Actually, he just gave you honest, helpful advice and you brushed it off and went into 'smacktalk' mode. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Have not read thread, is probably a typical Brad thread by now, but I think donating a surplus of sammiches to a future college bound relative is actually a thoughtful idea. Hopefully you figure out the means.
(07-13-2016, 06:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: now your arguing for the sake of arguing.. Once again you ask for advice are given plenty and just turn around and shit on it all...

Every single time dude.

Look money in an account(you don't even have to put it in there name.) will do them more good than expired subway giftcards or reward points.  if it helps them buy a crappy used car for college that's more good than any sandwich.  besides they will probly get the meal plan while there.

And beer is very very useful.!!!!!
Asked for advice?  I asked when the points expire, I never asked for advice.

As I explain below, I eat Subway at least three times a week before I workout, so why not put the money I spend to good use?

Another thread where people see an opportunity to jump on the bandwagon against me and weak-minded people do it.
(07-13-2016, 08:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Actually, he just gave you honest, helpful advice and you brushed it off and went into 'smacktalk' mode. 

Except I explained that I ate it before I workout a few times a week, so it wasn't like I was going out of my way to piss money away just to earn points.
I think people read your thread, then offered advice.
The whole idea of holding on to gift cards for thirteen years, made others realize that it was kind of a weird idea.
They offered you advice.
I think we all just need to do some drugs together. (That might have been alcohol related.)
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
(07-12-2016, 11:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Oldest one goes to college in 12 or 13 years.

Then they are at Jared's favorite age right now.
(07-13-2016, 09:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Except I explained that I ate it before I workout a few times a week, so it wasn't like I was going out of my way to piss money away just to earn points.

So you're only wanting to give if it's convenient for you? Nothing wrong with that. Just trying to figure out if you're really wanting to give them something or if you just came up with the idea on the spur of the moment.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(07-13-2016, 04:58 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Today I was going to buy a $500 watch.  I don't need it but I sure do want it.  Since posting in this thread I have decided against it.  Instead I purchased $500 worth of delicious subs form subway, so I can give my daughters the subway points in 7 and 8 years for college.

I'm going to go down to subway headquarters later in the year to discuss converting my daughters 529 plans into subway points as well.

I'm going to buy 2 sub sandwiches, lock them in the closet, and force them to breed.

Just you wait.....
I'll be the largest sub rancher on the planet and I'll donate subs to college kids everywhere.
(well.... only the chicks.......with big boobies........that put out)
Ninja
(07-13-2016, 11:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So you're only wanting to give if it's convenient for you? Nothing wrong with that. Just trying to figure out if you're really wanting to give them something or if you just came up with the idea on the spur of the moment.

Who said this is the only time I'm going to give to them?  I'm already talking with my brother about setting up college funds for them.

What I definitely am saying is, if I'm earning these points from just doing something in my life, why not put them to good use?  It would be more convenient to use them for myself, but if I can give them to my nieces and nephew for a practical application, then why not do it?
(07-13-2016, 04:20 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: OMG....Use the points for yourself and put the money into a fund....Why is this so difficult for you to understand?  That is the whole premise.  Also Okay so 65 points for a 6 inch sub.  That amounts to a whole 76 subs in total for you to gift.  

But go ahead potato...invest the way you think it's best for your nieces and nephew.

Hes trying to do something nice for his nieces and nephew dude. Don't overthink it and stop acting like a smart ass d bag. Chill the hell out. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy