Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do The Bengal Players/Coaches Think They Are A Championship Team?
(10-13-2016, 10:25 PM)tlotharw Wrote: And somehow, this Patriots team, with whom you are equating to the Cincinnati Bengals, earned a playoff bye last year and won another playoff game.  Marvin's Bengals, once again, shit their pants in last year's playoffs in a horribly-coached kind of way.

The Bengals, for all too many reasons, lack the Patriots' winning qualities.  But, thankfully, the Bengals don't cheat, but they also don't bother to challenge potential Tyler Kroft touchdowns. Ho-hum.

(10-13-2016, 11:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes.  That is exactly the point I was making.  Losing 2 in a row does not mean the team sucks and can't recover.

Thanks for backing me on this.
I am not backing you on this.  The Benals, who haven't won a playoff game in, what?, 25 years, are incapable of overcoming whatever it is they are suffering from.

Last year they proved they were incapable of overcoming being a good team.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 11:45 PM)tlotharw Wrote: I am not backing you on this.  

Yes you are.

All I said was that losing two games in a row does not prove that a team sucks, and you pointed out that the Patriots, who lost 2 games in a row twice last year, were still able to win a playoff game.

So we agree that the OP was wrong.
Reply/Quote
Not at 2-3 over it! Need to start winning!
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 06:57 PM)bengals73 Wrote: I'm going with option B.. Getting their asses kicked two weeks in a row.   

And after the game : 

[Image: get-well-soon-balloon-dead-deer.jpg]

Ok...the balloon made me laugh. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Some perspective; we are talking about the Bengals. The franchise history speaks volumes, until they prove otherwise.

Could this be the 'turn around statement game'?  With all their woes and injuries, don't bet the farm on it, but I would love to see them 3-3 come Sunday afternoon!
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 11:39 PM)GodFather Wrote: Man your arguments are weak, Jets won in overtime 20-26. They were 12-2 at the time until that loss.

So lets look last week and the Bengals were down 21-0 because they couldn't keep a Cowboys team from scoring even if they wanted too. 

Now lets take your weak argument further. The Bengals are 2-3 and  beat two 1-4 teams who are horrible this year. Every defense the Bengals played thus far made their front line look like pro bowlers. This team hasn't looked good at all and to insulate that the Pats play as poorly as the Bengals have is a joke. 

FYI- the most the Pats lost by in a game last season was by 7 points. So the Pats were rolled by nobody.

the only thing thats being rolled are the joints your smoking..

If they come out and are competitive, then maybe the season is not over, but the Bengals have not looked good at all this year.  It took Nick Folk to miss a field goal and his first ever extra point to beat the Jets, who have looked terrible the rest of the year so far.  They did beat the Dolphins, but again this is not a good team.  And honestly, the Bengals did not look overly impressive in that game.  That score should have been much more lopsided that it was.  The team did not look good against Pittsburgh and were completely destroyed by Dallas.  Really... that Dallas game was ugly.

There is no comparing the Bengals and Patriots though.  They have a hyper competitive owner combined with probably the greatest coach and quarterback of all time.  The things that go on in Cincinnati would never be tolerated in Foxboro.
Reply/Quote
Believe this is a pivotal game.

If Bengals get blown out then think it is over and they have quit.

If they find a way to win or come close to it ? Then believe there is still hope.

But if that smack in the face loss does not get their attention in the form of motivation then they never stood a chance this year anyway.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 11:22 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: If they come out and are competitive, then maybe the season is not over, but the Bengals have not looked good at all this year.  It took Nick Folk to miss a field goal and his first ever extra point to beat the Jets, who have looked terrible the rest of the year so far.  They did beat the Dolphins, but again this is not a good team.  And honestly, the Bengals did not look overly impressive in that game.  That score should have been much more lopsided that it was.  The team did not look good against Pittsburgh and were completely destroyed by Dallas.  Really... that Dallas game was ugly.

There is no comparing the Bengals and Patriots though.  They have a hyper competitive owner combined with probably the greatest coach and quarterback of all time.  The things that go on in Cincinnati would never be tolerated in Foxboro.

It is the lack of making the proper adjustments that makes me not believe this team can win the big one.

We have the players to win it all, playing on 9/11 in New York against a team coming off a 10 win season and pretty
much shutting down one of the top WR duos in the game was impressive to me.

In Pitt we had a TD taken away and were given a fumble that never happened. We gave Ben lots of troubles and
Andy outplayed him. We could of won that game.

We were running the ball at will on the Broncos early and if we stuck to what was working on Offense and prepared
more for Seimian we could of won this game. We did not adjust on Defense and did not stick with what worked on
Offense, we had the much bigger OL and when Hewitt was out there we could just move them.

Dominated the Dolphins and should of dominated bigger but we don't run the proper plays like fades to Green in the
Redzone or TE screens to get those automatic first downs.

The Cowboys game was ugly.

Bottom line is we have to make the proper adjustments on both sides of the ball. On Offense we need to add slant,
screen and seam routes to make us less predictable and give Andy some rhythm. This should also open up the run
and keep Hewitt out there for God sake. On Defense we know what we have and it should come around as Burfict
gets back into the swing of things. I cannot say that was truly our Defense in Dallas, those problems were not about
being manhandled or anything, it was not filling gaps and playing undisciplined.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 12:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is the lack of making the proper adjustments that makes me not believe this team can win the big one.

We have the players to win it all, playing on 9/11 in New York against a team coming off a 10 win season and pretty
much shutting down one of the top WR duos in the game was impressive to me.

In Pitt we had a TD taken away and were given a fumble that never happened. We gave Ben lots of troubles and
Andy outplayed him. We could of won that game.

We were running the ball at will on the Broncos early and if we stuck to what was working on Offense and prepared
more for Seimian we could of won this game. We did not adjust on Defense and did not stick with what worked on
Offense, we had the much bigger OL and when Hewitt was out there we could just move them.

Dominated the Dolphins and should of dominated bigger but we don't run the proper plays like fades to Green in the
Redzone or TE screens to get those automatic first downs.

The Cowboys game was ugly.

Bottom line is we have to make the proper adjustments on both sides of the ball. On Offense we need to add slant,
screen and seam routes to make us less predictable and give Andy some rhythm. This should also open up the run
and keep Hewitt out there for God sake. On Defense we know what we have and it should come around as Burfict
gets back into the swing of things. I cannot say that was truly our Defense in Dallas, those problems were not about
being manhandled or anything, it was not filling gaps and playing undisciplined.

This is the difference between a good team and a not so good team.  The not so good team says "if only this or that would have happened", "if we would have done things differently".  The good team does those things.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 01:14 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: This is the difference between a good team and a not so good team.  The not so good team says "if only this or that would have happened", "if we would have done things differently".  The good team does those things.

The difference between winning and losing i am afraid.

Still, even though we won the Jets and Dolphins games there were lots of mistakes to point out.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 10:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'd want to come out and pressure them. Balls to the wall, ears pinned back, shooting all barrels. But that's just me. 

If they come out passive or playing it safe (otherwise known as Marvball), they're going to get their asses whupped again. 

EXACTLY what I'd do......man the torpedoes.....knock the shit out of Brady every play.  We rattled him two years ago this way....lets see if this dumbass staff remembers that lesson.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 01:14 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: This is the difference between a good team and a not so good team.  The not so good team says "if only this or that would have happened", "if we would have done things differently".  The good team does those things.

[Image: 72427376.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 04:06 PM)Wyche Wrote: EXACTLY what I'd do......man the torpedoes.....knock the shit out of Brady every play.  We rattled him two years ago this way....lets see if this dumbass staff remembers that lesson.

They have nothing to lose.  Playing conservative only means that Brady is going to surgically pick them apart.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 04:06 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: EXACTLY what I'd do......man the torpedoes.....knock the shit out of Brady every play.  We rattled him two years ago this way....lets see if this dumbass staff remembers that lesson.
The Bengals muddied that game up, but you have to remember there was no Gronk in that game. Now they have him, and black Gronk to boot. Having said that...

Bengals 17 Pats 3
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 06:10 PM)jason Wrote: The Bengals muddied that game up, but you have to remember there was no Gronk in that game. Now they have him, and black Gronk to boot. Having said that...

Bengals 17 Pats 3

Holding the Patriots to three points, at home, in Brady's return would be the biggest NFL news for the last three years.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 06:31 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Holding the Patriots to three points, at home, in Brady's return would be the biggest NFL news for the last three years.
Just trying to foster some positivity around here. I'm down on them too, but I have a hard time imagining them laying another egg this week. They haven't looked good all year. I thought the first game was an anomaly, but it's been a trend. There's no better week than this one to show some professional pride though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 11:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes you are.

All I said was that losing two games in a row does not prove that a team sucks, and you pointed out that the Patriots, who lost 2 games in a row twice last year, were still able to win a playoff game.

So we agree that the OP was wrong.

I think the OP was just making the point that he considers this a statement game, and he's saying the Bengals need to respond. At least that's what I took away from it. 

As for what the Patriots did or didn't do...it's a silly comparison because the Patriots have proven for many years that they know how to deal with and overcome adversity, and still go on to win playoff games and Super Bowls. 
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 06:56 PM)jason Wrote: Just trying to foster some positivity around here. I'm down on them too, but I have a hard time imagining them laying another egg this week. They haven't looked good all year. I thought the first game was an anomaly, but it's been a trend. There's no better week than this one to show some professional pride though.

Agreed. I would love to see them upset the Pats, but even if they don't win, they have to at least fight their asses off and make the Patriots earn everything they get. 

:bigthumb:
Reply/Quote
Would love to be wrong, but I think there is just too many woes, injuries, and too many rookies and second year players who haven't played a whole lot, expecting to fill in the holes and it's not happening. I will be rooting with the jersey on until/unless it gets real ugly, then I'll switch to the Eagles game.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 07:04 PM)E Bengalholic Wrote: Agreed. I would love to see them upset the Pats, but even if they don't win, they have to at least fight their asses off and make the Patriots earn everything they get. 

:bigthumb:

For the love of all that is Holy.....why did you subject us to that smiley? LMAO

Reply/Quote