Poll: Do you watch the Bengals on Sunday's even when their season is tanking?
Yes, i watch them no matter how bad they are playing
No, I actually do something else on Sundays
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Still Watch The Bengals On Sunday's?
Yes and no! If I have to go somewhere or I'm busy, I record it to watch later. However, they are playing so badly if I know the score ahead of time I'll delete it! Bang Head Bang Head
Reply/Quote
Well yeah I'll watch em, from home or wherever.

But I wont go out of my way to watch. If something comes up like putting up the christmas tree or going shoe shoppin with a girl, I will choose those less painful things to do instead.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I used to look forward to sundays at 1pm. But even as this year was starting, I found myself not being as excited as I used to be for gameday. I think the 5 straight one and dones did me in. I still watch a little of every game but I mostly keep busy on sundays doing other stuff now
Reply/Quote
I will watch religiously. It's one of the few things in life that gives me joy. Not much joy of late, but enough to keep me hoping. "God hates me for making me a Bengals fan!"

Purgatory has nothing on this shit!

Reply/Quote
I would watch them but they're playing so poorly that they don't air their games out here in Colorado.

Watched almost all their games last season...btw.
Reply/Quote
Season ticket holder for 30 years, so I'm at every home game and watch the road games. I seriously doubt if I'll have a 31st year as a season ticket holder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Yes, I watch every Sunday regardless. I am a masochist with a hint of being a glutton for punishment.
Reply/Quote
Ive been in and out of watching them the past few games. I went to last weeks game, but the few games before that I had them on TV, but was doing stuff around the house.

This was the first week where I didnt even attempt to turn on the TV to watch them. Instead I hung out with family and friends instead of wasting my time watching them lose again.

I forgot how nice Sundays were when you actually spend your time enjoying something and getting pleasure from it.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 07:38 PM)junglefever67 Wrote: Yes and no! If I have to go somewhere or I'm busy, I record it to watch later. However, they are playing so badly if I know the score ahead of time I'll delete it! Bang Head  Bang Head

Me too. Actually I might fast forward through the game and rewind when I see a score change just to see how the points were made. I can no longer watch ML and the Bengals without losing my temper. This season is a sad reminder of too many in the past.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 07:23 PM)Housh Wrote: Bro there is so many reasons why it is literally impossible to be a bandwagon Bengals fan

Don't even use that term with us

Bengals should be thanking god that they even have fans left after all that they've done to us

Screw what the media says, Bengal fans are the best fans in football.

Bro... I've been a Bengals fan since game one...and yes, bandwagon is the exact term for those who will come in and cheer the team when they are winning and then cut out when they are losing. Five straight winning seasons with playoff games, and everyone's on board. One season where they go off the track, and people want to bail, just to jump back on again when they start winning again. Bandwagon.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 07:23 PM)Housh Wrote: Bro there is so many reasons why it is literally impossible to be a bandwagon Bengals fan

Don't even use that term with us

Bengals should be thanking god that they even have fans left after all that they've done to us

Screw what the media says, Bengal fans are the best fans in football.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 11:34 AM)GodFather Wrote: When the Bengals team are tanking like this season do you still spend your Sunday's at home watching the game or do you surprise your family and friends and actually do something other than watch the Bengals?

There are only 16 Bengals Games.  Yes, I watch them.....now 162 games of the sorry last place Reds and baseball pretty boring anyway, I'm not that much of a glutton for punishment. ....I am 61 going on 62, and if I was younger my Sundays would be more spent on other things this December. ....How many of you are going to devote Christmas Eve to Bengals ??? or New Years Day ????.....If my wife was still alive, I would not at this point.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 07:31 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Those fairweather ones that don't care rarely know who plays on the the team except the stars.

At least that is my experience.

They don't invest in knowing the team but for W/L column and small media snippets.

You're spot on. It's just irritating. When times are good, they've always been fans. When times are bad, they've always been a fan of (insert other team that is winning).
Reply/Quote
I watch them, but once i see the tell tale signs of a Bengals screwup (this year that's been pretty early in every game) i switch to redzone as i play a fair bit of Fantasy football so good to keep an eye on my guys :)
Reply/Quote
Cry
It seems like the same thing every year. Why does'nt Mike Brown want a playoff or Superbowl win? After all the stadium is named after his Dad. Paul Brown certainly wouldn't have wanted a loser!
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 12:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not a bandwagon fan, so yes, I watch whether they are playing great or like crap.

^This  
I have not missed watching a game since '84 and I will continue to watch and *****.... 
Reply/Quote