Poll: Do You Want Zac Taylor to Return for Year 3?
Yes
No
Undecided
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Do You Want Zac Taylor Back for Year 3 (Everybody Vote Please)
See thread title, pretty simple question. I thought this would be interesting to see actual numbers that show what percentage of fans on here support our head coach returning.
Reply/Quote
Obviously, I voted no. However, as we have all become accustomed to accepting, fan opinions don't mean Jack Shit with the Brown family.

So, I'm fully expecting to see him back here next season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I voted no and am highly critical. But my only hope is he has the team playing hard, I know Giants are not great and lost their QB, but almost won the game with a good college QB. He led team to a beat down of the Titans who are a good team.

I think he is trying to handle too much. I think at a minimum he should hire an OC or step down and be the OC since Joe seems to really like him.

But, it won't happen. So, let's hope he is like a young NFL player and grows into the job with experience.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 07:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Obviously, I voted no.  However, as we have all become accustomed to accepting, fan opinions don't mean Jack Shit with the Brown family.

You're not wrong.  I just thought it would be interesting to see what his actual support looks like numerically.

Fwiw, Jungle Noise is definitely more on the postive side than what I encounter elsewhere, so if any place is going to have some believers it's here.
Reply/Quote
I dont think he could be an effective OC in the NFL or college level. He's completely out of his league being a HC and offensive play caller in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
I am not guaranteeing that Taylor won't be back next season, but people have to stop saying he won't be fired because "that is the way they have always done it" because things have changed.

Not one single person predicted that we would spend $145 million of free agents last offseason. Instead EVERYONE said that they would treat free agency they way they always had.

Personally I think all the money they spent in free agency will make them more likely to replace Taylor. The Brown's like their money and they don't want to keep a coach who is wasting it.

Plus the Bengals can't even sell out PBS with only 12,000 tickets available. No matter how many people were excited by Burrow he won't sell tickets next year. He has shown flashes of brilliance, but he is still the 23rd ranked QB who only won 2 of 10 games. Race fans may be excited to see the worlds fastest car, but they won't pay to see some amateur drive it at 50 miles an hour and finish in last place And that is all Bengal fans are getting from Burrow under Taylor.
Reply/Quote
I didn't want him back this year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I said undecided, but it really hinges on both removing Turner and Lou, as well as what Joey B wants.

If Joey B legitimately wants him back, and dumb and dumber are dropped, I would be fine giving Zac one more shot at it.
Reply/Quote
No, but I 100% expect he'll be brought back for a third year.

The failure to remotely address the O-Line in the offseason, the "Let's jam square pegs into round holes!" experiments with Geno and Carlos (to name a few) on D, & the coaching staff (or lack thereof) are all, at least partially, his fault. I can 100% see Brown giving him another year due to Burrow's injury but Taylor just isn't the answer. At least not at this time, a couple years from now? Perhaps. But this kid is in WAY over his head as a HC right now.
Reply/Quote
I voted undecided.

If Tobin remains can we trust the next move? I know we have Burrow, but is that enough to attract a legit HC (if that is what we want or is it a rookie HC again). If Tobin's running the show then I'd give it one more year with a new Defensive staff, Oline and RB coach. High draft picks, another FA if the approach has really changed.

If Tobin is included, I'd be for a house cleaning. That'll signal they are shaking it up, and I can get behind that effort. Even if it fails there's not much worse than 2-14. or 2-13-1.

Continuity for the sake of continuity isn't good. The FO needs to signal these era's won't last forever (17 years), and find someone with fresh eye's willing to be the GM without the title (good luck with that). So 3 years with a change at coordinators if the first 2 are bad, seems to still be a realistic timeline.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I imagine the results will go similar to a "Do you want Marvin Back" thread started in 2018
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 08:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I imagine the results will go similar to a "Do you want Marvin Back" thread started in 2018

Here's the thread you're talking about, for those that care to take a look:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Do-you-want-Marvin-Back-Next-Year

Fwiw, Marvin was fired two weeks after that thread. 

Not saying that will be case here, but I do think it speaks to just how frustrated fans are, and that a front office with any sense of business acumen can't ignore such customer disatisfaction.

What's amazing is that it took Marvin 16 years, with zero playoff wins, and 3 straight losing seasons, to reach that level of frustation from the fans.  Zac Taylor has managed to pretty much match it in only 27 games.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 08:35 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Here's the thread you're talking about, for those that care to take a look:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Do-you-want-Marvin-Back-Next-Year

Fwiw, Marvin was fired two weeks after that thread. 

Not saying that will be case here, but I do think it speaks to just how frustrated fans are, and that a front office with any sense of business acumen can't ignore such customer disatisfaction.

What's amazing is that it took Marvin 16 years, with zero playoff wins, and 3 straight losing seasons, to reach that level of frustation from the fans.  Zac Taylor has managed to pretty much match it in only 27 games.

I guess that would be relevant if we had a front office with any sense of business acumen.
Reply/Quote
Who's the person who accidentally voted "yes"???? The poll is missing a "hell no" option
Reply/Quote
I said no because I've seen nothing from ZT that's shown he's improving. Or willing to admit that maybe his master plan isn't working. I think as a first time HC he hasn't been placed in the best spot with all that's going on. But I don't even see a solid plan for his rebuild. He just seems to take the same approach every week and hope it'll click eventually.

That said, I think it's easier said than done to get a great HC. I see Simmons and Bienemy knocked around on here a lot as options and I'm not in the least convinced either of them would do a better job than ZT. I'd love to see a shakeup though that includes not just ZT but Tobin as well. Get two guys that have a plan together and an actual plan to get things on track.

But I still wouldn't be surprised at all to see Taylor get one more year (or partial year) and 2022 be the year of the true HC search. As much as I'd love to see a big change after this season and start fresh with Burrow next year.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 09:03 PM)cj1895 Wrote: Who's the person who accidentally voted "yes"???? The poll is missing a "hell no" option

Poll is public. It's someone who has never posted and just created an account. His name is displayed as Zac T. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 09:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Poll is public. It's someone who has never posted and just created an account. His name is displayed as Zac T. 

Hahahaha Maybe Zac is actually here... Zac if you're reading this, we all hate you resign you incompetent loser.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 09:03 PM)cj1895 Wrote: Who's the person who accidentally voted "yes"???? The poll is missing a "hell no" option

It is an "open poll".

Just click on "Show results" to see how everyone voted.
Reply/Quote
I’m going to vote no. I know Burrow is a star in the making but you don’t make a scheme where you force a rookie to throw 30+ times a game and expect him to not get hurt with that line.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 07:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Obviously, I voted no.  However, as we have all become accustomed to accepting, fan opinions don't mean Jack Shit with the Brown family.

Yep, lather/rinse/repeat.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote