Poll: Do You Want Zac Taylor to Return for Year 3?
Yes
No
Undecided
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Do You Want Zac Taylor Back for Year 3 (Everybody Vote Please)
(11-30-2020, 09:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is an "open poll".

Just click on "Show results" to see how everyone voted.

I see you didn't vote.  What gives?  I said please.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 08:23 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I said undecided, but it really hinges on both removing Turner and Lou, as well as what Joey B wants.

If Joey B legitimately wants him back, and dumb and dumber are dropped, I would be fine giving Zac one more shot at it.

That’s where I’m at. Get a real DC and OL coach and I’m fine with giving him another shot. If its all of them or nothing than fire em all
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 09:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Poll is public. It's someone who has never posted and just created an account. His name is displayed as Zac T. 

LOL.  It just occured to me that it would be amazing for someone to create that account name, and just semi-troll the board with posts that are obviously satire.

"I voted yes.  This guy is clearly building something here.  Things are going to turn.  People in this building, err I mean that building, are really buying in.  I expect big things from this coach.  He's got all the makings of a future legend."  - ZacT
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 08:21 PM)jason Wrote: I didn't want him back this year.

^This X2 !!!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 09:23 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yep, lather/rinse/repeat.

You get one of the best rookies out of college history and make some good moves in free agency .But you don't go for protection of your franchise Qb ? ?   I need him and he's staff to pack up and go.You go all the way to LA to interview a guy and bring him to Cincinnati bengals fans this mess.He's whole career so far been Almost.Uc lost more than wins and assistant for the rams but he wasn'tcallingplays foreal. We got to do better we had Eric bienemy  that look like he's closing in closer for another super bowl.
Reply/Quote
I'll admit, I'm kinda torn.

I don't like the fact we were on pace to set rookie throwing records, especially after it was clear we weren't going to the playoffs. But honestly, we started a rookie QB who had virtually no preseason, and through the first four games we were 0-3-1... but only one of those games was by more than a touchdown. I mean, it stinks, but the only times we've just gotten drop kicked was Baltimore and Pitt. The last two losses (Washington and New York) would have been wins without the injury. Through the last five games, Baltimore and Pitt are really the only ones I felt like we were going to get tested on.

So, no injury, we finish the season maybe close to .500. That's like a Marvin season (which I hated) but with a rookie QB and worse players/staff.

I said after last season I was willing to give ZT this year to see if we were trending in the right direction. Healthy Burrow and if it players out like I think it would have, then he would've been doing that.

Plus, I'll give him some slack over the defense. We haven't invested a lot on building that side of things and we've got a pretty bad coordinator.

So, I'm still up in the air. I wasn't a fan of everything I saw, but I did see a good draft in his first real draft. I saw players getting better. I saw him willing to take a chance on guys like Higgins (not sure Marvin would have).

I'd love to have a "good" HC. But any guy you take is going to be a gamble. I mean, I don't want to be Belichick and the Browns; on the flipside, I don't want to repeat being Marvin and the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
No I want a different coaching staff and front office
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Who in their right mind would think "yeah I'll be HC and run the offense even though I've never been a HC or succeeded at being an OC" ?

I'm going to say Zac is drinking his own damn Kool-aid

Tobin & The Family were idiots for even giving this "legend in his own mind" a sniff.

[Image: th?id=OIP.EO9kbtdNyntw2ybleoxJCwHaF8&pid...=216&h=174]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I voted no as well.

But seriously, what’s the point? We could have Belechek, Lombardi, and Andy Reid here and with Mike Brown still around, we still would be in the same boat. This franchise under mike brown has been nothing but a dumpster fire. Until there’s real change made, this is what we get to look forward to every year. It’s the NFL version of Ground Hogs Day.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I'm hoping for a total house cleaning including Tobin and all the coaches.
Reply/Quote
a little shocked it's such a landslide. I figured it'd be about 65 percent no, 20 percent undecided, and 15 percent yes
Reply/Quote
Zac is delusional.all.he keeps talking.about and is "'we are going to turn this thing around the wins and loses dont matter"
Meanwhile Brian Flores and Kevin Stefanski.are playoff bound.
Reply/Quote
Give me Joe Brady. Everything I've ever read about him is that he is hyper organized and a tireless worker that won't stop until he figures out how to give his team an advantage. Plus he's already proven he knows what to do with Burrow.
Reply/Quote
Man Hell NAH! Get him the **** outta here... I wander who the 2 yes votes are lol lol...
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 09:49 PM)Benton Wrote: I'll admit, I'm kinda torn.

I don't like the fact we were on pace to set rookie throwing records, especially after it was clear we weren't going to the playoffs. But honestly, we started a rookie QB who had virtually no preseason, and through the first four games we were 0-3-1... but only one of those games was by more than a touchdown. I mean, it stinks, but the only times we've just gotten drop kicked was Baltimore and Pitt. The last two losses (Washington and New York) would have been wins without the injury. Through the last five games, Baltimore and Pitt are really the only ones I felt like we were going to get tested on.

So, no injury, we finish the season maybe close to .500. That's like a Marvin season (which I hated) but with a rookie QB and worse players/staff.

I said after last season I was willing to give ZT this year to see if we were trending in the right direction. Healthy Burrow and if it players out like I think it would have, then he would've been doing that.

Plus, I'll give him some slack over the defense. We haven't invested a lot on building that side of things and we've got a pretty bad coordinator.

So, I'm still up in the air. I wasn't a fan of everything I saw, but I did see a good draft in his first real draft. I saw players getting better. I saw him willing to take a chance on guys like Higgins (not sure Marvin would have).

I'd love to have a "good" HC. But any guy you take is going to be a gamble. I mean, I don't want to be Belichick and the Browns; on the flipside, I don't want to repeat being Marvin and the Bengals.

If it helps, injuries aside since most teams deal with them and still win every now and then, there's not one single metric that says Zac Taylor is even a decent/average HC. 

Not 1 score games
Not turnover differential
Not home vs away games
Not good teams vs bad teams
Nothing.

In every single metric, he's absolutely, historically horrible. Even with injuries, it's almost impossible to lose as much as his teams do. It's a master class on being really, really bad. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Prediction: Next week when some player starts mouthing off on social media, this poll will flip, just like the “has he lost the locker room” polls did. The first poll had 66% saying he lost locker room, then Dunlap did his thing and the next poll was like 90% saying no. Disclosure I voted yes on both of those.

Taylor should never have been hired, so no he should not get another year.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 08:35 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Here's the thread you're talking about, for those that care to take a look:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Do-you-want-Marvin-Back-Next-Year

Fwiw, Marvin was fired two weeks after that thread. 

Not saying that will be case here, but I do think it speaks to just how frustrated fans are, and that a front office with any sense of business acumen can't ignore such customer disatisfaction.

What's amazing is that it took Marvin 16 years, with zero playoff wins, and 3 straight losing seasons, to reach that level of frustation from the fans.  Zac Taylor has managed to pretty much match it in only 27 games.

thanks wes. i was able to vote no in that thread as well  Wink i thought it then and i believe it now. zac taylor should go back to qb's coach, in way over his head. we need a defensive hc (zimmer was a big loss).
Reply/Quote
No, but I fully expect him back. I imagine that there's going to be some kind of change with it being Lou let go. You can't win only 4 games in two years and make zero changes.

My only worry is that Duke and Co. will consider keeping Zac merely from the standpoint that they'd get the Senior Bowl job.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Hell no.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Big Grin 
Looks like a lot of No’s. I voted no as did my great grand paw, may he Rest In Peace ?
Reply/Quote