Poll: Do You Want Zac Taylor to Return for Year 3?
Yes
No
Undecided
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Do You Want Zac Taylor Back for Year 3 (Everybody Vote Please)
(12-01-2020, 12:19 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Prediction: Next week when some player starts mouthing off on social media, this poll will flip, just like the “has he lost the locker room” polls did. The first poll had 66% saying he lost locker room, then Dunlap did his thing and the next poll was like 90% saying no. Disclosure I voted yes on both of those.

Taylor should never have been hired, so no he should not get another year.

Speaking of Dunlap...has anyone pointed out his number in Seattle?

And does it have anything to do with a jab at the Bengals?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 09:03 PM)cj1895 Wrote: Who's the person who accidentally voted "yes"???? The poll is missing a "hell no" option

Probably fans of other teams in our division.

Reply/Quote
Dude's got ***** AIDS. Hell no, keep him away from humans.

**** masks, check T cell counts when you're exposed to that type of failure.
Reply/Quote
I want Zac to pack his bags and leave tomorrow. Let Simmons finish out the year. Lou and Turner can go with him. Turner should've been fired while Burrow was being carted off the field.
Reply/Quote
The Austrian Bengals fan section voted no in its entirety, fully represented by me.

This royal we also wants Turner out, and whoever is responsible for this OLine and this OLine personnel. Putting Burrow behind that line bordered attempted murder.
Reply/Quote
I voted no !

By the way.., does anybody know what Zac`s salary is ?
Reply/Quote
I say Yes, keep him for one more year.

He inherited a real shitty team from Marvin, AD was already on the decline in Marvin's last year and only continued and got worse. Not only that, but the accumulation of several shitty drafts hit the fan. To me, I don't know if that was Marvin or Duke pulling the strings. Those OL that were drafted, really put us back several years. We all know MB prides himself on drafting and his rookies playing out their full contracts. Guys like Price,

This year was really his first full year, and he did much better than the previous year all around. He got to study the team in his first year and is trying to make changes to the way we have run our Defense, it's not an overnight fix.

Starting with the Draft, FA's (Marvin never got MB to open the purse as much as ZT did, so I'm curious to see how another year goes).

Sure we got bit hard by the injury bug on some of those players, but that's not the Coaches fault, this year was also a funky year with the COVID thing, so it's not business as usual for any team.

Complaining about how much JB was throwing, that's also silly, this is a Passers league now. Ofc we'd love to see more running, but this OL just sucks. It will be addressed in the Off Season, via Sewell (that will be a big help) and better interior help. We got lucky last year and had little choice but to draft Burrow. So relax, our future is still very bright. Draft Offense and sign Defense has always been my motto on how to turn a team around quickly.

3 players that won't be back will also give us almost 30 mil in cap space.

Now there is no way MB is going to let ZT fail, he will do what is needed this next off season to get this team turned around. They have been in the business long enough to know that this team is not all ZT's fault. Besides if they don't give ZT a decent chance to get things turned around, it will hurt MB's ego even more and hiring a new coach will be even harder to get a decently talented one.
Reply/Quote
Undecided for me. I don't know if I WANT him back, but I certainly don't want him back with no changes made to the coaching staff. I'm willing to give him 1 more year with a new DC and I certainly would love it if he stepped down from offensive playcalling. I still see signs of him possibly being a good HC but he's shown he's just not a good playcaller. However, if they make no changes to the coaching staff, then the front office is guaranteeing another losing season.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I personally chose "No."

With that said, I can be ok with keeping Taylor for year 3 as long as Turner and Anarumo are gone.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Taylor is terrible at his job and should have never been hired in the first place. He hired assistant coaches that are also terrible at their jobs. Players don't want to play for him and others are regressing under his coaching. His commercials and press conferences are like water torture every time I make the mistake of watching them. Cincinnati deserves better than having one of the worst coaches to ever be an NFL head coach. I didn't think I'd ever see it again in my lifetime, but he might end up with a worse winning percentage than Dave Shula. How is that even possible? Get rid of him yesterday.

I voted no by the way Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 11:07 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I say Yes, keep him for one more year.

He inherited a real shitty team from Marvin, AD was already on the decline in Marvin's last year and only continued and got worse. Not only that, but the accumulation of several shitty drafts hit the fan. To me, I don't know if that was Marvin or Duke pulling the strings. Those OL that were drafted, really put us back several years. We all know MB prides himself on drafting and his rookies playing out their full contracts. Guys like Price,

This year was really his first full year, and he did much better than the previous year all around. He got to study the team in his first year and is trying to make changes to the way we have run our Defense, it's not an overnight fix.

Starting with the Draft, FA's (Marvin never got MB to open the purse as much as ZT did, so I'm curious to see how another year goes).

Sure we got bit hard by the injury bug on some of those players, but that's not the Coaches fault, this year was also a funky year with the COVID thing, so it's not business as usual for any team.

Complaining about how much JB was throwing, that's also silly, this is a Passers league now. Ofc we'd love to see more running, but this OL just sucks.  It will be addressed in the Off Season, via Sewell (that will be a big help) and better interior help. We got lucky last year and had little choice but to draft Burrow. So relax, our future is still very bright. Draft Offense and sign Defense has always been my motto on how to turn a team around quickly.

3 players that won't be back will also give us almost 30 mil in cap space.

Now there is no way MB is going to let ZT fail, he will do what is needed this next off season to get this team turned around. They have been in the business long enough to know that this team is not all ZT's fault. Besides if they don't give ZT a decent chance to get things turned around, it will hurt MB's ego even more and hiring a new coach will be even harder to get a decently talented one.

Marvin had more years his final season than Taylor has had in 2 years.
Even if you want to argue that the players were worse in Marvin's final year, he had better coaches/scheme that allowed for them to better succeed than this staff currently has.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I voted undecided for one reason....I don't think they'll fire him ....and with that being the case, I'm anxious to see if they can some subordinate coaches and replace them with upgrades. If he stays, I expect to see some work done on the oline. I think the defense would be ok with a legit DC and better luck with health.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
You know it's amazing that we have 5 people that say yes.

I could maybe get undecided, but yes?

I'm watching Bruce Arians get decimated by former players and coaches in the media. His record as coach is 72-47-1.

You want to talk about releasing the Kraken, they done released 10 of them on poor Bruce Arians.

They're talking about firing him, leaving him in complete disgrace and for all intents and purposes ending his HC career (though he'd still have work as an OC), to hire Josh McDaniels.

The same person who started 6-0 in his career, before actively turning an entire locker room against himself. Though he had controversy beforehand as well.

All because they feel Bruce Arians is full of himself and refuses to tweak his offense to help Tom Brady. Even though they have 4 very winnable games coming up and might end up at 11-5 and will be in the playoffs.

But then we have a coach that is currently on pace, if there isn't a drastic change, to potentially be the worst HC in NFL HISTORY!

We have people in here saying 'well I've seen worse'.

Like only in Cincinnati is that a thing.

It's kind of comical to be honest.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 12:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I personally chose "No."

With that said, I can be ok with keeping Taylor for year 3 as long as Turner and Anarumo are gone.

I've wrestled with this idea, but the lack of anything resembling an offense without JB really makes me dismissive of this. I was hoping that he can muster something up with Allen/Finley to make a semi-respectable offense, but it's been awful. They had, what, 150 yards of offense from when Joe went down to right now? Had he got to around 300ish (the Jets average 267, not outside the realm of possibilities) , I think the idea has a little more merit. He just doesn't elevate. We cannot wait 4-5 years for him to learn how to utilize players with gameplans/schemes/etc
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 01:21 PM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: You know it's amazing that we have 5 people that say yes.

I could maybe get undecided, but yes?

I'm watching Bruce Arians get decimated by former players and coaches in the media. His record as coach is 72-47-1.

You want to talk about releasing the Kraken, they done released 10 of them on poor Bruce Arians.

They're talking about firing him, leaving him in complete disgrace and for all intents and purposes ending his HC career (though he'd still have work as an OC), to hire Josh McDaniels.

The same person who started 6-0 in his career, before actively turning an entire locker room against himself. Though he had controversy beforehand as well.

All because they feel Bruce Arians is full of himself and refuses to tweak his offense to help Tom Brady. Even though they have 4 very winnable games coming up and might end up at 11-5 and will be in the playoffs.

But then we have a coach that is currently on pace, if there isn't a drastic change, to potentially be the worst HC in NFL HISTORY!

We have people in here saying 'well I've seen worse'.

Like only in Cincinnati is that a thing.

It's kind of comical to be honest.

I didn't think Brady needed anything tweaked... Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Well, what we want and what we'll most likely get are two different things. If Taylor is retained I hope Lou and Turner get the ax and we get someone else to call our offensive plays. If the front office does give Taylor his walking papers, who can they get to replace him that would take the job and that would be an improvement? I voted "no" because I really don't think Zac and crew have been any better this year than last, but I think there's a 90% to 95% Taylor will be back. Burrow likes Zac and I really feel the front office had a multi-year plan when they brought Taylor in and will give him more time to get things turned around.
Reply/Quote
FYI: Jungle Noise has some of the most passionate die-hard fans of the Bengals you'll ever find. It definitely skews incredibly more postive than what you'll encounter around town.

If the results are this lopsided on here, I can GUARANTEE they're even worse everywhere else.

Will the Bengals retain a coach with the following:

---4-27-1 overall record
---Zero road wins in 2 years
---0-6 in the division in year 2
---1-11 in the division in 2 years.
---1-13-1 in one score games
---Winless againt the terrible NFC East (4 bottom tier teams) in 2020
---Worse winning percentage than Dave Shula
---95% of fans want him fired

Maybe, maybe not.

Will the Bengals be a terrible business, and the laughingstock of the league, if they don't get rid of him?

Abso-freakin-lutely.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 08:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not guaranteeing that Taylor won't be back next season, but people have to stop saying he won't be fired because "that is the way they have always done it" because things have changed.  

Not one single person predicted that we would spend $145 million of free agents last offseason.   Instead EVERYONE said that they would treat free agency they way they always had.

Personally I think all the money they spent in free agency will make them more likely to replace Taylor.  The Brown's like their money and they don't want to keep a coach who is wasting it.  

Plus the Bengals can't even sell out PBS with only 12,000 tickets available.  No matter how many people were excited by Burrow he won't sell tickets next year.  He has shown flashes of brilliance, but he is still the 23rd ranked QB who only won 2 of 10 games.  Race fans may be excited to see the worlds fastest car, but they won't pay to see some amateur drive it at 50 miles an hour and finish in last place  And that is all Bengal fans are getting from Burrow under Taylor.

He won't be fired.  That would be admitting failure.  When is the last time that happened with the ding-dong's that run this franchise.

They would rather lose than admit they were wrong this quickly and make another change.  Sad but true.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 01:26 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I've wrestled with this idea, but the lack of anything resembling an offense without JB really makes me dismissive of this. I was hoping that he can muster something up with Allen/Finley to make a semi-respectable offense, but it's been awful. They had, what, 150 yards of offense from when Joe went down to right now? Had he got to around 300ish (the Jets average 267, not outside the realm of possibilities) , I think the idea has a little more merit. He just doesn't elevate. We cannot wait 4-5 years for him to learn how to utilize players with gameplans/schemes/etc

I for sure wouldn't keep Allen or Finley beyond this season. I'd go veteran backup on a 2-3 year deal.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 02:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I for sure wouldn't keep Allen or Finley beyond this season. I'd go veteran backup on a 2-3 year deal.

For sure, but I don't know if he does that. Seems like he likes "his guys", and I am not sure who he would target for his vet? Fitz? Brisset? Looking at the 2021 FA tracker don't see a lot of "good" options available. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote